Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1102 topic 1 question 33 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1102
Question #: 33
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1102 Questions]

A user contacted the help desk to report pop-ups on a company workstation, indicating the computer has been infected with 137 viruses and payment is needed to remove them. The user thought the company-provided antivirus software would prevent this issue. The help desk ticket states that the user only receives these messages when first opening the web browser. Which of the following steps would MOST likely resolve the issue? (Choose two.)

• A. Scan the computer with the company-provided antivirus software.
  • B. Install a new hard drive and clone the user's drive to it.
  • C. Deploy an ad-blocking extension to the browser.
  • D. Uninstall the company-provided antivirus software.
  • E. Click the link in the messages to pay for virus removal.
  • F. Perform a reset on the user's web browser.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AF 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
PatrickH
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
Its absoluly A and F. You shouldnt block the ads, you should remove them. Its almost certainly a proxy redirect so resteeing browser and running antivirus best solution.
upvoted 19 times
dbo98
Highly Voted 1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: CF
I don't see how A would be an option because of, "The user thought the company-provided antivirus software would prevent this issue." So what would running the anti-virus software do? Plus it states that it is a Pop-up as soon as they open the browser.
upvoted 11 times
StrawberryTechie
1 year ago
Pop ups can be adware. And adware is still considered malware.
upvoted 3 times
ropea
7 months, 2 weeks ago
It didn't catch the malware in real time (active scan). but that doesn't mean a full system scan wouldn't find it.
upvoted 3 times
glenpharmd
9 months, 1 week ago
He thought the company provided anti - virus software. Therefore, does not know for sure if they have it or used it. So run an anti- virus software
upvoted 2 times
Ryan_0323
Most Recent 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AF
I was originally CF but im changing my answer to AF because i feel like its common sense to always run the anti virus software in a situation like this.
upvoted 1 times
amityGanoofib
3 weeks, 4 days ago
i dont usually vote but i gotta for this one, you gotta run that antivirus, i wasnt sure whether c or f would be better for the second answer but i think resetting the browser after running the antivirus might do a bit better than using an ad blocker.
upvoted 1 times
Avengers_inc
1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: AC
I just want to honestly understand why resetting the browser is even on your mind????
upvoted 3 times
jsmthy
1 month, 1 week ago
If the browser is infected, always check with a malware scan because a separate program (often marked on antivirus programs as a PUP) may be injecting the browser with the adware. An ad-blocking program only targets the current site meaning it won't help against a PUP or a messed up browser config.
upvoted 1 times
bdemps98
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I believe the next steps would be A and F, but C would come after those are completed.
upvoted 1 times
taco_security
2 months, 4 weeks ago
A and F. You scan as a best practice but the issue is notifications being pushed from web browsers.
upvoted 1 times
za_ck
3 months ago
To resolve the issue of pop-ups on a company workstation, the following steps should be taken: 1. Scan the computer with the company-provided antivirus software to detect and remove any malware or viruses that may be present on the system. This is the first step in resolving any security-related issues on a computer. 2. Deploy an ad-blocking extension to the browser to prevent pop-ups from appearing when browsing the web. Ad-blocking extensions can help prevent unwanted ads and pop-ups from appearing on a user’s screen, which can help reduce the risk of malware infections.
upvoted 1 times
Gerty2119
3 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: CF
The question asks which options will most likely RESOLVE the issue. Scanning the system doesn't resolve the issue. Blocking the ads and resetting the web browser actually resolves the issue, whether it's efficient or not doesn't matter in this case.
upvoted 2 times
Raffaelloo
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Open your Windows Security settings. Select Virus & threat protection > Scan options. Select Windows Defender Offline scan, and then select Scan now Persistent web page issues may be resolved by clearing your web browser's cache and cookies. If the issue continues, or you have other browser issues, you could also try resetting your browser to its default settings
upvoted 1 times
Chavozamiri
5 months ago
I did this question on quizlet and was AC
upvoted 1 times
Sckip
5 months, 2 weeks ago
It is AC Check objective 2.10 in the A+ Core objectives. They mention the user of ad blockers in browsers https://partners.comptia.org/docs/default-source/resources/comptia-a-220-1102-exam-objectives-(3-0)
upvoted 1 times
Mr_Tension
1 month ago
bro check it properly . 2.10 mentioned C&F .Clearing browsing data & Ad blockers
upvoted 1 times
Paula77
6 months ago
To resolve the issue of pop-ups on a company workstation, the following steps should be taken: 1. Scan the computer with the company-provided antivirus software to detect and remove any malware or viruses that may be present on the system. This is the first step in resolving any security-related issues on a computer. 2. Deploy an ad-blocking extension to the browser to prevent pop-ups from appearing when browsing the web. Ad-blocking extensions can help prevent unwanted ads and pop-ups from appearing on a user’s screen, which can help reduce the risk of malware infections.
upvoted 1 times
CookieChip
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Should be A and F. We don't block the ads, since it's only a band-aid solution.
upvoted 1 times
idts0987
7 months ago
A and F make the most sense
upvoted 1 times
KingM007
7 months, 3 weeks ago
I went and asked ChatGPT what it thought about the answer choices. And its initial thought was A and C was the best answer choices. After I was confused with why C and not F and went further asking it questions it then apologized and told me I was right and now see's why A and F are better answer choices and not C. Crazy! Y'all be careful out there. Make sure to use common sense! AI isn't perfect. This isn't the first time that this as happened either
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...