Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 410 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 410
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

An organization is concerned about hackers potentially entering a facility and plugging in a remotely accessible Kali Linux box. Which of the following should be the first lines of defense against such an attack? (Choose two.)

• A. MAC filtering
  • B. Zero trust segmentation
  • C. Network access control
  • D. Access control vestibules
  • E. Guards
  • F. Bollards
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
[Removed]
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: CD
Guys, I'm going to have an exam tomorrow, I'm very nervous because my professional future depends on this result, but I have faith in God that everything will work out. Thank you all for your help here at ExamTopics.
upvoted 65 times
NeoSam999
1 year, 2 months ago
How did it go? Hope you passed!
upvoted 3 times
Shermszn
1 year, 2 months ago
Hey bro how did the test go? Did these questions cover the exam well?
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
1 year, 2 months ago
Friends, I took the exam today and passed. Score = 769 The questions here covered about 50% of the exam, so my tip is: Focus on the questions and come up with your own answers, the exam might surprise you.
upvoted 30 times
rf18
1 year, 2 months ago
congratulations and goodluck
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 2 months ago
But all PBQs were on the exam. I apologize for the bad English, I'm using a translator.
upvoted 11 times
RvR109
1 year, 2 months ago
There are like 400 questions on this page, you don't maybe know which of the questions here are on the exam? I studied all 300 questions and now they added another 100, it's messing me up.
upvoted 4 times
[Removed]
3 months, 2 weeks ago
there 800 questions now.
upvoted 10 times
[Removed]
1 year, 2 months ago
Bro same. Mad nervous . I hope you passed! Please come back and update us.
upvoted 9 times
Ranaer
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: DE
We are asked for the first line of defense. Not the most versatile, or best combination. What if we had it all, which ones would be the first two. Well we have to stop the adversaries from entering the facility of course. Access control vestibules and guards do this. Then we have the more technical solutions such as Mac filtering or NAC, but as I noted, we need to pick the two which would be our first line of defense.
upvoted 26 times
BlackSpider
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Those are the first lines of defense D. Physical Security and C. Information Security. D. Access Control Vestibules represent a physical security measure. By physically preventing unauthorized individuals from entering a facility, you add a first line of defense against any intrusions, including someone trying to plug in an unauthorized device. C. Network Access Control (NAC) is an information security measure. By controlling which devices can access the network based on predefined security postures, you add a digital line of defense to ensure that even if someone gets past the physical security, they can't just plug in a device and access the network. Together, they form the first lines of defense on both the physical and digital fronts.
upvoted 5 times
BD69
Most Recent 1 month ago
First line of defense: D & E A,B, & C are second lines of defense Bollards just prevent a vehicle from crashing in. Without them, if someone crashed in, they would be spotted immediately.
upvoted 1 times
BD69
1 month, 4 weeks ago
The correct answer for the FIRST line of attack SHOULD be D & E, however, if they mean technical controls, then it's B & C. MAC filtering is pretty lame since it can be compromised in seconds.
upvoted 2 times
2 months ago
First line of defense should be even BEFORE reaching the server which will be D and E. A guard and access control.
upvoted 2 times
zecomeia_007
2 months, 2 weeks ago
First Line
upvoted 1 times
Eikan
2 months, 3 weeks ago
D - Access Control Vestibules & E - Guards
upvoted 1 times
cantbeme
3 months, 1 week ago
My Answer....k.i.s.s
upvoted 2 times
EighthNotes
3 months, 1 week ago
I choose DE because its asking for first line of defense before attacker can jack in a kali linux box, so i dont see why NAC would be necessary if a guard and vestibules are available options
upvoted 2 times
12f1a9a
3 months, 3 weeks ago
C and D are both physical controls and it is quite possible to perform social engineering so that the guard might let the attacker in. If this is a possibility then there has to be a technical control too which is NAC. So I go with NAC and vestibule
upvoted 2 times
BD69
1 month, 4 weeks ago
C is not a physical control
upvoted 1 times
Comicbookman
5 months, 2 weeks ago
The Question has Key giveaways, (concerned about hackers potentially entering a facility and plugging in a remotely accessible Kali Linux box) They are walking into the facility Physically. The intent is to plug in a Laptop, A cellphone, rasberry pi, or tablet with kali. Then connecting physically. So you would require physical deterrents. Such as guards and Access control Vestibules. Don't overthink it and keep it simple. D and E.
upvoted 1 times
Comicbookman
5 months, 2 weeks ago
A second line of defence to add is (NAC) is a technique that restricts access to a network based on the identity, role, device, location, or other criteria of the users or devices. But the Initial applies as stopping the One way in and one way out physical entry. A concern for Insider threat would be to apply NAC. But that would be already in play before hand for the Network.
upvoted 1 times
JT4
6 months ago
Just passed the exam with a score of 800 on 10/28/23. About 90% of the questions are from here. This question is on the exam.
upvoted 5 times
ComPCertOn
5 months, 3 weeks ago
congrats, hat did you choose ?? u can see we have an issue here
upvoted 3 times
MortG7
6 months, 1 week ago
hackers potentially entering a facility--> think physical entry DE
upvoted 1 times
BlackSpider
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: CD
After pressing GPT and Brad: The answer to the question "An organization is concerned about hackers potentially entering a facility and plugging in a remotely accessible Kali Linux box. Which of the following should be the first lines of defense against such an attack?" would be: C. Network access control and D. Access control vestibules Network Access Control (NAC) is essential because it can prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the network. It ensures that devices meeting certain security postures are allowed to connect, while others are not. Access Control Vestibules are physical barriers that prevent unauthorized individuals from entering a facility. If a hacker can't physically get into the building, they can't plug in their device. While zero trust segmentation is a good security measure, it primarily helps once an intruder is already on the network. The question's emphasis is on preventing the hacker from physically plugging in a device, making physical security measures like access control vestibules more directly relevant.
upvoted 1 times
BD69
1 month ago
Also from ChatGPT4: For the scenario described, focusing on preventing unauthorized physical access through access control vestibules (D) and security personnel (E) would be the most direct and effective first lines of defense against the threat of an unauthorized individual physically introducing a malicious device into the facility. ChatGPT is often wrong.
upvoted 1 times
ComPCertOn
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Still C is not the best thing to depend on and this can be easily bypassed when you are inside the data centre
upvoted 1 times
zits88
8 months, 1 week ago
DE. Like others have said, the BEST defense is to keep people from getting into the building to begin with. Note the "and" in the question, not "or." The answer WOULD be CD if it said "or"
upvoted 4 times
Chillbuddy
8 months, 3 weeks ago
In the context of physically preventing unauthorized access and the immediate "first line of defense," the more suitable options would be: D. Access control vestibules: These controlled entry points can prevent unauthorized individuals from directly entering the facility, and they provide security checks before granting access. E. Guards: Security personnel can actively monitor entry points, verify identities, and prevent unauthorized devices from being plugged in. While NAC is indeed an important security measure, it might not address the immediate concern of hackers physically gaining access to the facility and plugging in unauthorized devices. The initial defense against this kind of threat usually involves physical security measures like access control vestibules and security personnel.
upvoted 2 times
ApplebeesWaiter1122
9 months ago
*On Exam, Taken On July 31, 2023*
upvoted 10 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...