Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CWNA-107 topic 1 question 67 discussion

Actual exam question from CWNP's CWNA-107
Question #: 67
Topic #: 1
[All CWNA-107 Questions]

A client STA must choose the best AP for connectivity. As part of the evaluation, it must verify compatible data rates. What can the client STA use to verify that an
AP supports the same data rates that it supports?

• A. Beacon frames transmitted by the AP
  • B. Data frames sent between the AP and current clients STAs
  • C. Authentication frames transmitted by the other client STAs
  • D. Probe request frames transmitted by other client STAs
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference -
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/802-11-sniffer-capture-analysis-management-frames-and-open-auth/ta-p/3120622

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
snickers6910
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
Probe requests will contain data rate information, but I disagree on whether or not a STA can determine that from the probe requests of OTHER STAs. I believe that in this case, the correct answer is A. Beacon frames actually do provided supported data rates. It is 8 octet field where each octet describe a single supported rate. Last bit (7th) of each octet indicate whether the data rate is “basic rate or mandatory” or “supported rate”. If 7th bit value is 1 it indicate a basic rate where as if value is 0 indicate a supported rate. The next 7 bit (0-6) specify the data rate value in units of 500kbps
upvoted 8 times
EAG
Most Recent 2 years, 11 months ago
Answer is A. The probe request frame is transmitted by a (client) STA to the AP, and will only indicate the data rate information relating to that STA, ie it tells the AP what data rate the client in question supports. This has no bearing with the data rate that the AP and other client STAs support. The only means for any client STA to know the data rate supported by the AP is through either: 1. the BEACON sent by the AP or 2. a PROBE RESPONSE sent by the AP in reply to a probe request
upvoted 2 times
staffo
3 years, 5 months ago
Beacon Frames and Probe Responses both contain information about supported data rates from the AP. I don't think it is D because 1: It mentions problem requests (Not responses) and 2: They are from other clients which wont tell you anything about the AP data rates.
upvoted 4 times
kaja123
4 years, 3 months ago
I am sorry I was wrong about the answer. It is indeed probe request frames that have supported data rate information.
upvoted 2 times
kaja123
4 years, 3 months ago
The correct answer is A. As the beacon frames are for passive scanning.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...