Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 312-50v12 topic 1 question 191 discussion

Actual exam question from ECCouncil's 312-50v12
Question #: 191
Topic #: 1
[All 312-50v12 Questions]

Sarah, a system administrator, was alerted of potential malicious activity on the network of her company. She discovered a malicious program spread through the instant messenger application used by her team. The attacker had obtained access to one of her teammate's messenger accounts and started sending files across the contact list. Which best describes the attack scenario and what measure could have prevented it?

• A. Insecure Patch Management; updating application software regularly
  • B. Instant Messenger Applications; verifying the sender's identity before opening any files
  • C. Rogue/Decoy Applications; ensuring software is labeled as TRUSTED
  • D. Portable Hardware Media/Removable Devices; disabling Autorun functionality
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Bas375
2 weeks, 1 day ago
B - Opening files from unknown source should be verified e.g. the attacker that compromise the account if that make sense
upvoted 1 times
LordXander
3 weeks, 6 days ago
Selected Answer: B
Okay, I will be the one saying C..I know...it might be stupid/wrong but hear me out. So, after some discussions with a few cyber experts, we agreed that both B and C could be the correct options, it really depends on your angle. For option B, the arguments is that the verification could be something set, server side, such as a 2FA(you send a file, you must auth with 2FA) -> valid idea, a bit uncommon, but valid For option C - the idea of having files scanned before being sent by different solutions and then marked as TRUSTED is another way of approaching this since 2FA can be bypassed (looking at MS). So after even more deliberations, if I had this question, I would go with option B as it covers more ground (software fails, but an email protection service fails more often than 2FA)
upvoted 1 times
DruSuperman
1 month, 3 weeks ago
B is the only one that makes sense.
upvoted 1 times
duke_of_kamulu
1 month, 1 week ago
from 126 upward is it the real exam
upvoted 1 times
qtygbapjpesdayazko
1 month, 2 weeks ago
B is the only one that makes sense. This is the way
upvoted 1 times
anarchyeagle
2 months ago
Chat GPT: Verifying the sender's identity before opening any files is a crucial preventive measure in this context. This can involve double-checking with the sender through a different communication channel before opening unexpected files or links, even if they appear to come from someone you know. This measure helps to mitigate the risk of similar attacks by ensuring that the files or links are genuinely intended and safe to open.
upvoted 2 times
calx5
2 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
Question mentioned that account was compromised
upvoted 1 times
Lalo
1 month, 1 week ago
Answer BBBBBBBB option B is correct because it focuses on a direct and relevant preventive measure for the given scenario, while option A does not address the specific problem presented in the attack scenario.
upvoted 1 times
przemyslaw1
2 months, 1 week ago
B. Instant Messenger Applications; verifying the sender's identity before opening any files CEH book, Module 7 - Different Ways for Malware to Enter a System.
upvoted 2 times
ryotan
2 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
It should not be B, as the attacker obtained access to one of the teammate's messenger accounts, so even if you verify the sender's identity, it is not a fake account, it does not help. A is the option for me.
upvoted 2 times
Lalo
1 month, 1 week ago
Answer BBBBBBBB option B is correct because it focuses on a direct and relevant preventive measure for the given scenario, while option A does not address the specific problem presented in the attack scenario.
upvoted 1 times
athicalacker
2 months, 1 week ago
How can regular software update prevent an attack that exploits user trust?? The answer can't be Option A.
upvoted 3 times
Mabrow
2 months ago
how about C?, any program send with messenger must be trusted
upvoted 1 times
insaniunt
2 months, 2 weeks ago
B. Instant Messenger Applications; verifying the sender's identity before opening any files
upvoted 1 times
pechuga
2 months, 3 weeks ago
A option for me
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...