Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 312-50 topic 8 question 89 discussion

Actual exam question from ECCouncil's 312-50
Question #: 89
Topic #: 8
[All 312-50 Questions]

A company's security policy states that all Web browsers must automatically delete their HTTP browser cookies upon terminating. What sort of security breach is this policy attempting to mitigate?

• A. Attempts by attackers to access Web sites that trust the Web browser user by stealing the user's authentication credentials.
  • B. Attempts by attackers to access the user and password information stored in the company's SQL database.
  • C. Attempts by attackers to access passwords stored on the user's computer without the user's knowledge.
  • D. Attempts by attackers to determine the user's Web browser usage patterns, including when sites were visited and for how long.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
Cookies can store passwords and form content a user has previously entered, such as a credit card number or an address.
Cookies can be stolen using a technique called cross-site scripting. This occurs when an attacker takes advantage of a website that allows its users to post unfiltered HTML and JavaScript content.
References: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Cross-site_scripting_.E2.80.93_cookie_theft

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Sasiron
3 years, 5 months ago
Definitely not D. Answer is A.
upvoted 2 times
brettonatkin
5 years ago
Had my 312-50 today, I looked for the questions that were in the exam and found this website, all the question from here appeared in the exam. I wish I could find this site before taking the exam :/
upvoted 4 times
[Removed]
5 years, 2 months ago
Correct answer is D
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...