Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NSE4_FGT-6.2 topic 1 question 13 discussion

Actual exam question from Fortinet's NSE4_FGT-6.2
Question #: 13
Topic #: 1
[All NSE4_FGT-6.2 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.
You are configuring the root FortiGate to implement the Security Fabric. You are configuring port10 to communicate with a downstream FortiGate. The exhibit shows the default Edit Interface.

When configuring the root FortiGate to communicate with a downstream FortiGate, which two settings must you configure? (Choose two.)

• A. Enable Device Detection
  • B. Administrative Access: FortiTelemetry.
  • C. IP/Network Mask.
  • D. Role: Security Fabric.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: BC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Katorcio
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
Hi, i think B & C are correct. If the question is right, they ask about what you have to configure just on the ROOT FORTIGATE. In Security_Manual-6.2, p.69 is written about DEVICE DETECTION about the downstream FortiGate, not about the root FortiGate.
upvoted 5 times
JOY099
Most Recent 2 years, 11 months ago
A & B is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
AOC
3 years ago
Correcto AyB
upvoted 2 times
Ping2Jo
3 years ago
B & C is correct. The question is about ROOT Fortigate and FortiTelemetry & IP address are the must in order to communicate to downstream FortiGate. https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/788897/fortigate
upvoted 2 times
Typhoeus
3 years, 1 month ago
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/788897/fortigate Device request A device can request to join the Security Fabric from another FortiGate, but it must have the IP address of the root FortiGate. The administrator of the root FortiGate must also authorize the device before it can join the Security Fabric. The root FortiGate must have FortiTelemetry enabled on the interface that the device connects to. To enable FortiTelemetry on an interface: Go to Network > Interfaces. Edit the interface that the device that you authorizing to join the Security Fabric is connected to. Under Administrative Access, enable FortiTelemetry. Under Networked Devices, turn on Device Detection.
upvoted 1 times
gordonF
3 years, 1 month ago
Agree A and B: pg 260 fg security
upvoted 1 times
pollyy
3 years, 2 months ago
Sorry A & B are correct - the screenshot is from the network interface configuration not from the Security Fabric Settings, Security_Manual-6.2, p.68 - 69
upvoted 2 times
yemicontrol
3 years, 2 months ago
I AGREE WITH YOU A & B CORRECT
upvoted 2 times
jorgeoscar90
3 years, 2 months ago
B and C. Without IP/Mask the fortigate can't talk on the network.
upvoted 2 times
pollyy
3 years, 2 months ago
Correct B & C - Security_Manual-6.2, p.68
upvoted 2 times
fg488493
3 years, 2 months ago
Hi Sir I think A&B I see Security_Manual-6.2, p.68 and there tell me" you must enable FortiTelemetry, Connect to upstream Fortigate, and Device Detection on the interfaces facing downstream Fortigate device."
upvoted 3 times
jaz600
3 years, 2 months ago
Device detection for detecting endpoints not Forti devices.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...