Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Associate Cloud Engineer topic 1 question 20 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Associate Cloud Engineer
Question #: 20
Topic #: 1
[All Associate Cloud Engineer Questions]

You created an instance of SQL Server 2017 on Compute Engine to test features in the new version. You want to connect to this instance using the fewest number of steps. What should you do?

• A. Install a RDP client on your desktop. Verify that a firewall rule for port 3389 exists.
  • B. Install a RDP client in your desktop. Set a Windows username and password in the GCP Console. Use the credentials to log in to the instance.
  • C. Set a Windows password in the GCP Console. Verify that a firewall rule for port 22 exists. Click the RDP button in the GCP Console and supply the credentials to log in.
  • D. Set a Windows username and password in the GCP Console. Verify that a firewall rule for port 3389 exists. Click the RDP button in the GCP Console, and supply the credentials to log in.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Reference:
https://medium.com/falafel-software/sql-server-in-the-google-cloud-a17e8a1f11ce

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
vnxt
Highly Voted 4 years ago
I would say B is correct. RDP is enabled by default when you crate a Windows instance (no need to chek on it). Just make sure you install an RDP client ( chrome ext or RDP) and set windows password.
upvoted 53 times
pas77
2 years, 10 months ago
Obviously, B is not the answer because you have to install an RDP client which is an extra step. D is the answer because you can connect directly using the RDP button in the GCP console.
upvoted 15 times
jabrrJ68w02ond1
2 years, 5 months ago
Tested it myself. At least on my Machines, I was asked to First install a RDP Client.
upvoted 18 times
UtsavDM
2 years, 8 months ago
No, we can't connect using RDP directly in the GCP console. When we click on it, it asks us to install RDP client. So ultimately, B is more accurate.
upvoted 23 times
ryumada
1 year, 9 months ago
The firewall rule for port 3389 is created by default if you create windows server on Compute Engine. So, no need to verify it. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/connecting-to-windows#before-you-begin
upvoted 5 times
eledu1985
1 year, 6 months ago
In the link you provided the first step is to verify firewall rule was created, even if it is the default option!, so D is the most accurate even by the link.
upvoted 6 times
bubidubi
2 months, 3 weeks ago
I disagree. The Q says that you have just created this VM, which means the FW rules for RDP has also been created. I believe the documentations says it a bit wonky as it is something to check if things aren't working after you've done everything right, as someone could have deleted that rule if this server has been up for a while, rather than having to check this right after you've made a new VM. I'd say B is better answer than D.
upvoted 1 times
Gregwaw
7 months, 3 weeks ago
You need firewall ingress rule for port 3398 in your VPC. It is not created by default.
upvoted 1 times
ankit89
Highly Voted 4 years ago
D seems more correct
upvoted 33 times
obeythefist
2 years, 2 months ago
I tested this on on Compute Engine today by deploying a new instance. D is not correct. When you click the RDP button, you are asked to install a client or use the Windows RDP client if you are running Windows. There is no option to enter credentials or get an RDP session through the web interface.
upvoted 20 times
sinh
Most Recent 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
The following sites do not describe RDP client installation. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/connecting-to-windows
upvoted 1 times
Suryas_One
3 months, 3 weeks ago
In general, both B and D options are correct. But, as per the question we need to identify which one has a minimum number of steps involved. As per Google documents, when you create a Windows Instance, the RDP Port 3389 is enabled by default, so here we need not check for this PORT status. Therefore answer is B. Here is a reference from GCP Documents "Be sure the VM allows access through Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). By default, Compute Engine creates firewall rules that allow RDP access on TCP port 3389. Verify that these firewall rules exist by visiting the firewall rules page in the Google Cloud console and looking for firewall rules that allow tcp:3389 connections."
upvoted 3 times
sinh
3 months, 3 weeks ago
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/connecting-to-windows#remote-desktop-connection-app
upvoted 1 times
thewalker
5 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
B + D. In B, Verify that a firewall rule for Port 3389 exists - is missing. in D, Install a RDP client in your desktop - is missing. Going with B as 3389 port should be enabled to connect to a Windows Instance. However, the step of installing the RDP client is important and by clicking on RDP button in the GCP Console will let you download the <instance name>.rdp file which is a shortcut to open the Windows VM instance using RDP / mstsc.
upvoted 3 times
NoviceNebula
5 months, 1 week ago
I would say D as the question says fewest number of steps. So three steps 1. Set a Windows username and password in the GCP Console. 2. Verify that a firewall rule for port 3389 (RDP) exists. 3. Use the RDP button in the GCP Console to connect to the instance, supplying the credentials for login. In option B it says install RDP client. Which I think not the headache of GCP if you have installed RDP or not.
upvoted 1 times
Evan7557
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer D
upvoted 1 times
ovokpus
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Given the options: The first option mentions port 22, which is for SSH (used typically for Linux instances) and is irrelevant in this context. The second option matches the typical process of setting a Windows username/password, ensuring the firewall rule, and then using the GCP Console's RDP button. The third option misses the step about setting a Windows username/password. The fourth option involves the manual process of setting up an RDP client and then connecting. Given the emphasis on "fewest number of steps", the best option is: D
upvoted 1 times
YourCloudGuru
7 months, 1 week ago
The correct answer is D. This option does not require you to install any additional software on your desktop, and it allows you to connect to the instance with just a few clicks. The other options are not as good: Option A requires you to install a RDP client on your desktop. Option B requires you to install a RDP client on your desktop and set a Windows username and password in the GCP Console. Option C requires you to set a Windows password in the GCP Console, verify that a firewall rule for port 22 exists, and then click the RDP button in the GCP Console and supply the credentials to log in.
upvoted 1 times
Captain1212
8 months ago
B seems more correct because you cannot use rdp by click you have to first install it
upvoted 2 times
Abi143
8 months, 1 week ago
Bi scorrect I just tested it By default port will be active Just set password login with RDP as it will also be present in default on every pc
upvoted 2 times
certified28
10 months, 1 week ago
you cannot connect using RDP from GCP console , you need to install a client first so B is the correct answer, verified it in sandbox
upvoted 2 times
Trivris
10 months ago
Answer D is correct. Even if you are asked to install rdp client, the easiest options is to navigate it from Google console rather finding it somewhere. Most of the cloud providers ask these questions for the sake of asking you to use their environment to do everything rather going through third party to install anything.
upvoted 2 times
krishnu123
12 months ago
D is the correct answer
upvoted 2 times
Shenannigan
12 months ago
Hi all, for those that are selecting D please read or re-read this document: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/connecting-to-windows#remote-desktop-connection-app It clearly states that you need a RDP Client You can search the document for "To connect to the remote desktop of a Windows instance, use one of the following procedures." and review the table of options
upvoted 1 times
Praxii
1 year ago
The correct answer is D. I tested this today. I clicked on 'RDP' button and this is the message that came. "Use a remote desktop protocol (RDP) client to connect to this instance. If you are running Windows on your local machine, use Remote Desktop Connection. Other operating systems might require you to use third-party software. The first time you connect, enter the username and password that you provided when you created the instance. Note: You must configure the network firewall to open TCP port 3389 to enable RDP access" So veryfing 3389 is important. Next, those saying cant connect because third party connection message is coming. Just download the rdp file and it will connect using the app. So, either way you can connect using the button. Don't get confused.
upvoted 1 times
Az900Exam2021
8 months ago
This is a tricky question. B - "Install RDP on desktop" is redundant, since by default, it's included in windows D - "Verify 3389 firewall rule" is redundant as well, since 3389/22 port are open by default There is no perfect answer here.
upvoted 1 times
ManvendraYadav
1 year ago
I would say B is correct. RDP is enabled by default when you crate a Windows instance (no need to chek on it). Just make sure you install an RDP client ( chrome ext or RDP) and set windows password.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...