Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Security Engineer topic 1 question 41 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Security Engineer
Question #: 41
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Security Engineer Questions]

Your company runs a website that will store PII on Google Cloud Platform. To comply with data privacy regulations, this data can only be stored for a specific amount of time and must be fully deleted after this specific period. Data that has not yet reached the time period should not be deleted. You want to automate the process of complying with this regulation.
What should you do?

• A. Store the data in a single Persistent Disk, and delete the disk at expiration time.
  • B. Store the data in a single BigQuery table and set the appropriate table expiration time.
  • C. Store the data in a single Cloud Storage bucket and configure the bucket's Time to Live.
  • D. Store the data in a single BigTable table and set an expiration time on the column families.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
KILLMAD
Highly Voted 4 years, 2 months ago
I believe the Answer is C not B. This isn't data which needs to be analyzed, so I don't understand why would it be stored in BQ when having data stored in GCS seems much more reasonable. I think the only thing about answer C which throws me off is the fact that they don't mention object life cycle management
upvoted 14 times
mozammil89
4 years, 2 months ago
Answer C is correct. The TTL is common use case of Cloud Storage life cycle management. Here is what GCP says: "To support common use cases like setting a Time to Live (TTL) for objects, retaining noncurrent versions of objects, or "downgrading" storage classes of objects to help manage costs, Cloud Storage offers the Object Lifecycle Management feature. This page describes the feature as well as the options available when using it. To learn how to enable Object Lifecycle Management, and for examples of lifecycle policies, see Managing Lifecycles." https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/lifecycle
upvoted 6 times
trashbox
Most Recent 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: C
Bucket lock and TTL are the key features of Cloud Storage.
upvoted 1 times
Bypoo
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Cloud Storage life cycle management
upvoted 1 times
Echizen06
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is C
upvoted 2 times
cyberpunk21
9 months ago
B is correct, all forgot this "Data that has not yet reached the time period should not be deleted." from question this means data is keep on updating if we enforce TTL for a bucker the whole bucket will be deleted including updated data, so with Big query we do updating using pipeline jobs and delete data using expiration time
upvoted 1 times
mahi9
1 year, 2 months ago
store it in a bucket for TTL
upvoted 2 times
PST21
1 year, 5 months ago
CS does not delete promptly , hence BQ as it is sensitive data
upvoted 1 times
csrazdan
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: B
Life Cycle Management for Cloud storage is used to manage the Storage class to save cost. For data management, you have set retention time on the bucket. I will opt for B as the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
AwesomeGCP
1 year, 7 months ago
Correct Answer: C
upvoted 2 times
giovy_82
1 year, 8 months ago
I would go for C, but all the 4 answers are in my opinion incomplete. all of them say "single" bucket or table, which means that if different dated rows/elements are stored in the same bucket or table, they will expire together and be deleted probably before their real expiration time. so i expected to see partitioning or multiple bucket.
upvoted 2 times
mynk29
2 years, 2 months ago
Outdated question again- should be bucket locks now.
upvoted 1 times
DebasishLowes
3 years, 1 month ago
Ans : C
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
3 years, 6 months ago
Ans - C
upvoted 4 times
aiwaai
3 years, 9 months ago
Correct Answer: C
upvoted 3 times
Ganshank
3 years, 12 months ago
The answers need to be worded better. If we're taking the terms literally as specified in the options, then C cannot be the correction answer since there's no Time to Live configuration for a GCS bucket, only Lifecycle Policy. With BigQuery, there is no row-level expiration, although we could create this behavior using Partitioned Tables. So this could be a potential answer. D - it is possible to simulate cell-level TTL (https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/gc-cell-level), so this too could be a potential answer, especially when different cells need different TTLs. Betweem B & D, BigQuery follows a pay-as-you-go model and its storage costs are comparable to GCS storage costs. So this would be the more appropriate solution.
upvoted 3 times
smart123
3 years, 10 months ago
The Buckets do have "Time to Live" feature. https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/lifecycle Hence 'C' is the answer
upvoted 4 times
jonclem
4 years, 1 month ago
I believe B is correct. Setting a TTL of 14 days on the bucket via LifeCycle will not cause the bucket itself to be deleted after 14 days, instead it will cause each object uploaded to that bucket to be deleted 14 days after it was created
upvoted 3 times
xhova
4 years, 1 month ago
Answer is C. You dont need the bucket to be deleted, you need the PII data stored to be deleted.
upvoted 6 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...