Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Associate Cloud Engineer topic 1 question 93 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Associate Cloud Engineer
Question #: 93
Topic #: 1
[All Associate Cloud Engineer Questions]

Your company uses BigQuery for data warehousing. Over time, many different business units in your company have created 1000+ datasets across hundreds of projects. Your CIO wants you to examine all datasets to find tables that contain an employee_ssn column. You want to minimize effort in performing this task.
What should you do?

• A. Go to Data Catalog and search for employee_ssn in the search box.
  • B. Write a shell script that uses the bq command line tool to loop through all the projects in your organization.
  • C. Write a script that loops through all the projects in your organization and runs a query on INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view to find the employee_ssn column.
  • D. Write a Cloud Dataflow job that loops through all the projects in your organization and runs a query on INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view to find employee_ssn column.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
poogcp
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Its A.
upvoted 38 times
filco72
Highly Voted 3 years, 9 months ago
Correct is A. I tested on my account following this procedure: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/quickstarts/quickstart-web-ui?authuser=4 I created a data set and through Data Catalog I easily and effortlessly searched for the column name "gender"
upvoted 31 times
JB28
Most Recent 3 months, 2 weeks ago
The best option to minimize effort in performing this task is A. Go to Data Catalog and search for employee_ssn in the search box. Google Cloud’s Data Catalog is a fully managed and scalable metadata management service that empowers organizations to quickly discover, manage, and understand all their data in Google Cloud. It offers a simple and easy-to-use search interface for data discovery. By searching for “employee_ssn” in the Data Catalog, you can quickly find all tables across all datasets and projects that contain this column. This approach is more efficient and requires less effort compared to writing and maintaining scripts or jobs. Please note that access to Data Catalog and the visibility of datasets, tables, and columns are subject to permissions and roles in IAM policy. Make sure you have the necessary permissions to view the metadata.
upvoted 1 times
Nenavath_Raju1
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Can anyone able to send all questions, As I am getting upto 125 only . [email protected]. Thanks in advance
upvoted 1 times
ogerber
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Data Catalog lets you search and tag entries such as BigQuery tables with metadata. Some examples of metadata that you can use for tagging include public and private tags, data stewards, and rich text overview. https://cloud.google.com/data-catalog/docs/tag-bigquery-dataset
upvoted 3 times
Vik96
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I am preparing for the GCP-ACE exam, I was able to access 96 questions only, if anyone has the entire questions please share them with my [email protected] address. I have exam on next week,pls share Thanks in advance. I would be forever grateful.
upvoted 2 times
BAofBK
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I will go for A
upvoted 1 times
BAofBK
5 months, 3 weeks ago
The correct answer is A
upvoted 1 times
Captain1212
7 months, 4 weeks ago
Answer is A, as it requires the less effort and other options are more time consuming and error prone
upvoted 1 times
deadsong
11 months, 3 weeks ago
The most efficient approach to identify tables that contain an employee_ssn column in BigQuery would be to query the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view, which provides metadata about all columns in all tables in a given dataset. Therefore, options C and D are both possible solutions. Option A, searching for the column name in Data Catalog, may not be efficient if there are too many datasets to search through manually. Option B, writing a shell script to loop through all the projects in your organization, may work, but it would require more effort and time than options C and D. Also, it would be more error-prone since the script would need to handle authentication and authorization, handle exceptions and errors, and collect the results. Therefore, options C and D are better choices, but option D, using Cloud Dataflow, might be overkill for this specific task. Option C, looping through all projects and querying INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view, is the simplest and most effective solution to minimize effort.
upvoted 1 times
AARUSHBATHINA
12 months ago
Can anyone send the entire question I am able to see till question 96 send at [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
Astro_123
1 year ago
I am preparing for the GCP-ACE exam, I was able to access 96 questions only, if anyone has the entire questions please share them with my [email protected] address. I have exam on next week,pls share Thanks in advance. I would be forever grateful.
upvoted 1 times
Neeyo
1 year ago
Hi All, I have my GCP ACE exam scheduled for tomorrow. However, I am only being able to access 96 questions. Can anyone kindly share the entire list of questions as I have hardly anytime left before my exam. [email protected]. Thank you all so much
upvoted 1 times
arnika98
12 months ago
Did you pass the exam? If so any questions from here came? Please let us know so that it will be helpful
upvoted 1 times
ahtasham007
1 year ago
Can anyone send the entire question I am able to see till question 96 send at [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
jinks006
1 year, 1 month ago
I have my exam tomorrow and I could only access 96 questions. If someone has the whole set of questions, can you please send it to [email protected]?
upvoted 1 times
R4F
1 year, 2 months ago
C is IMO the correct answer (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68746567/big-query-find-all-column-name-containing-surname-across-all-tables)
upvoted 1 times
Buruguduystunstugudunstuy
1 year, 2 months ago
Answer A is the correct answer. Go to Data Catalog and search for employee_ssn in the search box. Data Catalog is a fully managed and scalable metadata management service that allows you to discover, understand, and manage your data. It provides search functionality that allows you to search for datasets, tables, columns, and other metadata across your organization. Therefore, you can simply go to Data Catalog and search for "employee_ssn" in the search box to find all datasets that contain this column. This is the most efficient and straightforward solution to the problem. Answers B, C, and D are not ideal solutions. Answer B requires writing a shell script and using the bq command line tool to loop through all the projects, which is time-consuming and error-prone. Answer C requires writing a script that loops through all the projects and runs a query on INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view, which is also time-consuming and error-prone. Answer D involves writing a Cloud Dataflow job, which is unnecessary and OVERKILL for this simple task.
upvoted 7 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...