Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer topic 1 question 2 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer Questions]

You created a Stackdriver chart for CPU utilization in a dashboard within your workspace project. You want to share the chart with your Site Reliability Engineering
(SRE) team only. You want to ensure you follow the principle of least privilege. What should you do?

• A. Share the workspace Project ID with the SRE team. Assign the SRE team the Monitoring Viewer IAM role in the workspace project.
  • B. Share the workspace Project ID with the SRE team. Assign the SRE team the Dashboard Viewer IAM role in the workspace project.
  • C. Click ג€Share chart by URLג€ and provide the URL to the SRE team. Assign the SRE team the Monitoring Viewer IAM role in the workspace project.
  • D. Click ג€Share chart by URLג€ and provide the URL to the SRE team. Assign the SRE team the Dashboard Viewer IAM role in the workspace project.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
syslog
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
I think it's C, because dashboard viewer "Read-only access to dashboard configurations." SRE team wants to view data, not configurations.
upvoted 18 times
akg001
2 years, 11 months ago
correct there is no such role - "dashboard viewer" the correct name is monitoring dashboard configuration viewer (and the permission is - Read-only access to dashboard configurations). so correct answer should be - C
upvoted 9 times
gcpengineer
2 years, 9 months ago
but it gives access to all list in monitoring of the project.
upvoted 1 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 6 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 3 times
Raz0r
4 months, 4 weeks ago
There is, but only the single role won't give sufficient access. https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/access-control?hl=de#monitoring.dashboardViewer
upvoted 1 times
danchoif2
Highly Voted 2 years, 8 months ago
I did a test and see that: The valid roles are: Monitoring Viewer and Monitoring Dashboard Configuration Viewer. You can only share chart by URL using Metrics explorer. With only Monitoring Dashboard Configuration Viewer role, user cannot see anything in Monitoring page. I create a custom role from Monitoring Dashboard Configuration Viewer role and add resourcemanager.projects.get permission. Now user can see list of custom dashboards and the charts in these custom dashboards. User cannot see standard GCP dashboards. User cannot see the the chart in Metrics explorer (using the shared URL). Opening the URL, user will see errors: "Invalid resource type" and "Invalid metric type". So even if I ignore the typo of Dashboard Viewer role in B and D, they are still incorrect answers. So only A and C are valid. But I think C is better because the question is: "You want to share the chart" not the whole dashboard.
upvoted 12 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 6 months ago
I agree with you, I am okay with C.
upvoted 1 times
jinaldesailive
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
There is no such role as "Dashboard Viewer"
upvoted 1 times
stevesmith112
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Extremly happy I passed my Exam with 82.7%. I just followed the community answers (not the actual answers and cleared exam on 10th Nov2023). Latest update: Stackdriver Monitoring is now reflect as Cloud Monitoring due to the name change in GCP hence pls don't get confused in exam. Thanks to Examtopics and pass4surehub.com for helping me out!
upvoted 3 times
maxdanny
6 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
The answer is C because : Dashboard viewer role not exists , monitor-viewer only https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/understanding-roles#monitoring.viewer and Cloud Monitoring allows you to share the URL of the individual Dashboard and not of the entire project ID
upvoted 1 times
Jason_Cloud_at
6 months, 3 weeks ago
It is the right answer
upvoted 1 times
jeffersonkozak
11 months ago
Selected Answer: A
https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/charts/share-dashboards
upvoted 1 times
JonathanSJ
1 year, 4 months ago
The best option in this case would be C. Click "Share chart by URL" and provide the URL to the SRE team. Assign the SRE team the Monitoring Viewer IAM role in the workspace project. This option allows you to share the specific chart with the SRE team only, granting them read-only access to the chart's data, this way the team can view the CPU utilization chart and troubleshoot any performance issues related to the chart. You can use the feature of "Share chart by URL" to share the specific chart with the SRE team only, and provide a secure URL that can only be access by members of the team. And also giving them the "Monitoring Viewer" role, will give them just enough privilege to see the chart and its data but not the ability to make changes to the project, dashboard or other charts.
upvoted 1 times
floppino
1 year, 4 months ago
Ans: C Exam take on 19/12/2022, 50/50 from this dump without buying the full access.
upvoted 2 times
MTS88
1 year, 5 months ago
I think is A, because there isn't any button "Share chart by URL", and least role is Monitoring Viewer (Dashboard viewer can see only dashboard configurations)
upvoted 2 times
chelbsik
1 year, 5 months ago
Decided to go for A on the exam because there is no "Share chart by URL" button, it's just "Share by URL".
upvoted 1 times
MTS88
1 year, 5 months ago
But "Share by URL" is in chart? I remember it's only logging explorer
upvoted 1 times
hanweiCN
1 year, 6 months ago
i think it is A, i assume add chart into custom/default dashboard is best practice for creating chart and share URL would more like one time trade. Metrics Explorer lets you create a chart that you can use to explore a metric. However, the charts created by this tool aren't persistent. When you navigate away from the Metrics Explorer page, the chart is discarded. To save a chart you've configured with Metrics Explorer for future reference, add the chart to a custom dashboard or save the chart's URL: To keep a reference to the chart configuration, save the chart URL. Because the chart URL encodes the chart configuration, when you paste this URL into a browser the chart you configured is displayed.
upvoted 2 times
hanweiCN
1 year, 6 months ago
and this is not " share chart by URL " option, it is " share by URL"
upvoted 1 times
mohan999
1 year, 6 months ago
I have verified this, both A and C do the same thing except C gives you comfort to see the chart directly using the link without having to browse through all the way to the chart.
upvoted 2 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 6 months ago
C There are a number of IAM security roles related to monitoring. The big three are viewer, editor, and admin. To create the monitoring Workspace initially, a user will need the Monitoring Editor or Admin role in the Workspace's host project. The Monitoring Viewer can get read-only access to the Monitoring console and API. The Monitoring Editor has read-write access to the Monitoring console and APIs and can write monitoring data and configurations into the Workspace. And the Monitoring Admin has full access to, and control over, all monitoring resources. Past these big three roles, monitoring roles exist to provide and limit access to alert policies, dashboards, notification channels, service monitoring, and uptime checks.
upvoted 1 times
zellck
1 year, 6 months ago
C is the answer. https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/access-control#mon_roles_desc roles/monitoring.viewer - Monitoring Viewer Grants read-only access to Monitoring in the Google Cloud console and API.
upvoted 1 times
GCP72
1 year, 9 months ago
The answer is C
upvoted 2 times
GCP72
1 year, 9 months ago
there is no role called dashboard viewer .
upvoted 1 times
GoReplyGCPExam
2 years ago
Google Cloud courses say: "Monitoring dashboard viewer can view dashboard settings while monitoring viewer can view charts and dashboards", so i think I need to see Dashboards and chart content, not settings only
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...