Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer topic 1 question 30 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
Question #: 30
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer Questions]

You support a multi-region web service running on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) behind a Global HTTP/S Cloud Load Balancer (CLB). For legacy reasons, user requests first go through a third-party Content Delivery Network (CDN), which then routes traffic to the CLB. You have already implemented an availability
Service Level Indicator (SLI) at the CLB level. However, you want to increase coverage in case of a potential load balancer misconfiguration, CDN failure, or other global networking catastrophe. Where should you measure this new SLI? (Choose two.)

• A. Your application servers' logs.
  • B. Instrumentation coded directly in the client.
  • C. Metrics exported from the application servers.
  • D. GKE health checks for your application servers.
  • E. A synthetic client that periodically sends simulated user requests.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: CD 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
celia20200410
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
https://cloud.google.com/architecture/adopting-slos#choosing_a_measurement_method B > Using client instrumentation. E > Implementing synthetic testing.
upvoted 23 times
cloudbee
2 years, 4 months ago
How you code instrumentation at each client side?
upvoted 2 times
jinaldesailive
2 months, 1 week ago
Client instrumentation can be easily done using Browser instrumentation using various UI frameworks you can do that. One of the most popular framework and SDK is OpenTelemetry. So the answer is B and E.
upvoted 1 times
Charun
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
BE is correct
upvoted 11 times
habla2019pasta
Most Recent 4 days, 1 hour ago
Selected Answer: BE
BE A - Is inside the GKE .. which is useless at this point C - Same as A D - Same as it too late in the pipeline to detect these issues
upvoted 1 times
alpha_canary
3 months, 1 week ago
I dont still get why the answers are B & E. Option A & C also appear in below documentation along with B & E so everyone is only chosing B & E https://cloud.google.com/architecture/framework/reliability/adopting-slos#choose_a_measurement_method
upvoted 1 times
jomonkp
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Option B and E
upvoted 1 times
maxdanny
6 months ago
Selected Answer: CE
https://cloud.google.com/architecture/framework/reliability/adopting-slos#choose_a_measurement_method
upvoted 1 times
maxdanny
6 months ago
https://cloud.google.com/architecture/framework/reliability/adopting-slos#choose_a_measurement_method
upvoted 1 times
floppino
1 year, 4 months ago
Ans: BE Exam passed and taken on 19/12/2022, 50/50 from this dump without buying the full access and looking for 'devops' word here: https://www.examtopics.com/discussions/google/1/
upvoted 1 times
hanweiCN
1 year, 5 months ago
from my opinion, network issue will not be detected in app server side. so any SLI in application wont work.
upvoted 1 times
Bill831231
1 year, 9 months ago
If need something beyong CDN and CLB, seems only option is on client side directly
upvoted 3 times
GCP72
1 year, 9 months ago
For me, B and E is correct
upvoted 2 times
Pankul
2 years ago
For me, it is B and E
upvoted 2 times
zygomar
2 years, 2 months ago
nobody submitted a voting comment but B&E is the consensus on most feedback
upvoted 1 times
guid1984
2 years, 4 months ago
IMHO -> (E and C)A synthetic client that periodically sends simulated user requests could be used for checking CDN connection is up and running at frequent intervals and other one C for metrics exposed from Application servers. Since as per the question CLB SLI is already defined.
upvoted 1 times
alaahakim
2 years, 5 months ago
Ans : BE
upvoted 1 times
muk5658
2 years, 5 months ago
Its B and E, when there is a networking catastrophe we cannot rely on Application as traffic may not even come there.
upvoted 1 times
francisco_guerra
2 years, 10 months ago
I have so many doubts with this one The SLI for coverage is defined as follows: The proportion of valid data processed successfully. I think: A logs are a good option and C Metrics exported I don't get it why code directly in the client but if anyone have some information or a link please let me know. the documentation says this Finally, to generate your SLI for coverage, you count the number of records that processed successfully and compare that number against the total valid record count. (we can do it with logs) https://cloud.google.com/architecture/adopting-slos
upvoted 1 times
doh0
1 year, 7 months ago
Many people selected 'code directly in the client' because in the documentation it says it's the way to go with legacy systems: "Using client instrumentation. Because legacy systems typically lack built-in, end-user client instrumentation, setting up instrumentation might require a significant investment. However, if you use an APM suite or frontend framework that provides client instrumentation, you can quickly gain insight into your customer's happiness."
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...