Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Architect topic 1 question 45 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Architect
Question #: 45
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Architect Questions]

You are building a continuous deployment pipeline for a project stored in a Git source repository and want to ensure that code changes can be verified before deploying to production. What should you do?

• A. Use Spinnaker to deploy builds to production using the red/black deployment strategy so that changes can easily be rolled back.
  • B. Use Spinnaker to deploy builds to production and run tests on production deployments.
  • C. Use Jenkins to build the staging branches and the master branch. Build and deploy changes to production for 10% of users before doing a complete rollout.
  • D. Use Jenkins to monitor tags in the repository. Deploy staging tags to a staging environment for testing. After testing, tag the repository for production and deploy that to the production environment.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference:
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/continuous-deployment-on-kubernetes/blob/master/README.md

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Googler2
Highly Voted 4 years ago
I believe the best answer is D, because the tagging is a best practice that is recommended on Jenkins/Spinnaker to deploy the right code and prevent accidentally (or intentionally) push of wrong code to production environments. See https://stackify.com/continuous-delivery-git-jenkins/
upvoted 58 times
Ziegler
3 years, 10 months ago
Agreed with D as the right answer. The url provided explains it better
upvoted 10 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 6 months ago
yes, D is correct
upvoted 1 times
zr79
1 year, 6 months ago
How can I join Google
upvoted 5 times
Anish17
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
I got this question in real exam. This question states "before deploying to production" environment. So i picked D . I passed the exam.
upvoted 51 times
bnlcnd
3 years, 3 months ago
that resolved the puzzle :)
upvoted 5 times
GunaGCP123
2 years, 6 months ago
congrats for passing the exam. practising all 255 questions is sufficient for passing the exam? how much percentage of questions you got from here roughly?
upvoted 2 times
zr79
1 year, 6 months ago
He won't answer, he already passed the exam
upvoted 7 times
Rzla
2 years, 8 months ago
Agree, its the only answer that meets the requirement of "before deploying to production"
upvoted 2 times
winset
3 years, 2 months ago
not only 1 Q passed! C is beeter
upvoted 2 times
bkovari
Most Recent 2 months ago
ABC is about to deploy to production without prior testing. Hence D is the only reasonable choice.
upvoted 1 times
ashishdwi007
3 months ago
A B and C are very risky options and irrelevant as involving production. Whereas question is to test before rolling out to production. Hence D
upvoted 1 times
blackhawk86
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
No discussion here.
upvoted 1 times
megumin
1 year, 5 months ago
ok for D
upvoted 1 times
BiddlyBdoyng
1 year, 7 months ago
Given the question D is the only answer. Everything else pushes to production immediately.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
I don't think it was a good idea when new edtion be created and directly deploy to the production ENV without any testing stage even using Canary deployment.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
D is better.
upvoted 1 times
Davidik79
2 years, 1 month ago
The question states: "... code changes can be verified BEFORE deploying to production", it eliminates option C. The approach of tagging is the correct practise that DevOps use
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
2 years, 3 months ago
Correct answer is D. Question talks about 'before deploying to production'. C talks about after deploying to production.
upvoted 4 times
hantanbl
2 years, 3 months ago
C is the closest answer If question is asking 'what's Jenkin best practise' then D is the answer
upvoted 1 times
Davidik79
2 years, 1 month ago
C involves deploying into production. the question specifies: "BEFORE deploying to production"
upvoted 2 times
blackhawk86
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Incorrect. D is the correct answer. 1. It should test BEFORE deploy to production. 2. It's a DevOps practice
upvoted 1 times
lxgywil
2 years, 3 months ago
I choose D as we want to ensure that code changes can be verified BEFORE deploying to production. Option C suggests that we build and deploy changes to production for 10% of users.
upvoted 1 times
OrangeTiger
2 years, 3 months ago
Vote D. C is canary deploy. But the sentence in question has no word to mean "tested by a small number of users"
upvoted 3 times
OrangeTiger
2 years, 3 months ago
The revelal solution on this site is wrong, isn't it? I'm getting anxious.
upvoted 1 times
vincy2202
2 years, 4 months ago
D is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
ABO_Doma
2 years, 4 months ago
clearly
upvoted 2 times
phantomsg
2 years, 4 months ago
Question asks to verify before Production. So tagging and deploying appropriately is the right approach.
upvoted 3 times
haroldbenites
2 years, 4 months ago
Go for D. “BEFORE DEPLOYING TO PRODUCTION”
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...