Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam HPE6-A73 topic 1 question 11 discussion

Actual exam question from HP's HPE6-A73
Question #: 11
Topic #: 1
[All HPE6-A73 Questions]

How is voice traffic prioritized correctly on AOS-CX switches?

• A. By defining device profiles with QOS settings
  • B. By placing it in the strict priority queue
  • C. By implementing voice VLANs
  • D. By implementing weighted fair queueing (WFQ)
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
poris27
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
I think the answer is B because in Strict Priority (SP) we can put VOIP traffic in top priority (priority 7)
upvoted 5 times
Moreson
2 years, 2 months ago
just wondering what is the point to have voice key word under vlan interface then? give you this option, there is a reason. though you can achieve in multiple ways, but most optimized option is C
upvoted 3 times
johnhenri
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
I hate this kind of question because different option are possible. We can use answer A because a device profile can assign QoS to voice traffic come from IP Phone, but i think it is not the "correctly" way to prioritize Voice traffic. We can use answer B because we can assigne voice traffic to high queue with strict priority but i think again this is not the best way to prioritize voice traffic. We can use answer C because best way to prioritize voice traffic is to enable voice vlan but not only, we need to trust DSCP/CoS or remark then prioritize... So I vote for C but not sure...
upvoted 1 times
alper3192
8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
"Sensitive traffic like VOIP uses Strict Priority queuing " B is correct
upvoted 1 times
SeidorBruno
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Page 868-869 Study Guide
upvoted 1 times
Redrum702
12 months ago
B" voice traffic can be prioritized correctly on an Aruba AOS-CX switch by placing it in the strict priority queue. The strict priority queue is a QoS mechanism that gives the highest priority to specific types of traffic, such as voice or real-time communication traffic. Here's how you can achieve this: Enable Strict Priority Queue: Configure the AOS-CX switch to support strict priority queuing. This ensures that traffic assigned to the strict priority queue will be given the highest priority and processed before other queues.
upvoted 2 times
alex711
1 year, 2 months ago
C is Correct
upvoted 1 times
devadarshan91730
1 year, 7 months ago
B is correct. The qos priority default setting is 0 (normal), with 1 as the lowest priority and 7 as the highest priority. If you configure a voice VLAN with a VID of 10, and want the highest priority for all traffic on this VLAN, execute the following commands: HP Switch(config) #: vlan 10 qos priority 7 HP Switch (config) #: write memory
upvoted 3 times
d_nat
1 year, 9 months ago
In the student guide vol.2 on page 267 it is stated , that you enable voice VLAN with a command in the vlan configuration context.
upvoted 1 times
gondolf
2 years, 1 month ago
The question is how is voice traffic prioritized *correctly*. I'm positive they are looking for the VLAN "voice"-command, even though a manual SP could give it a higher priority.
upvoted 1 times
Mar_a_Lagoon
2 years, 2 months ago
By tagging the port as voice (Alt C) the switch will by default honor whatever priority the end device uses. This can be changed if needed.
upvoted 2 times
sentinel44
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: B
I think the answer is B because in Strict Priority (SP) we can put VOIP traffic in top priority (priority 7)
upvoted 2 times
AM1234
2 years, 11 months ago
the correct Answer is C
upvoted 1 times
cloud29
3 years, 1 month ago
I think they ask us about something else. With SP we can put priority at any traffic. But they want us to know that turning on voice vlan will put voice vlan in a higher priority. Thats why the answer i think should be C
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...