Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam HPE6-A73 topic 1 question 44 discussion

Actual exam question from HP's HPE6-A73
Question #: 44
Topic #: 1
[All HPE6-A73 Questions]

Examine the network topology.

The network is configured for OSPF with the following attributes:
✑ Core1 and Core2 and ABRs
✑ Area 1 has 20 networks in the 10.1.0.0/16 range
✑ Area 0 has 10 networks in the 10.0.0.0/16 range
✑ Area 2 has 50 networks in the 10.2.0.0/16 range
✑ The ASBR is importing a static route into Area 1
✑ Core2 has a summary for Area 2: area 0.0.0.2 range 10.2.0.0/16 type inter-area
Here is the OSPF configuration performed on Core1:

Based on the above information, what is correct?

• A. Area 0 has 13 routes
  • B. Core1 has no OSPF routes
  • C. Core1 has received one LSA Type 5 from the ASBR
  • D. Area 1 has 23 routes
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
NaCin
Highly Voted 3 years ago
I think the correct answer is B. Because with "passive interface default" you would need a no passive interface on the Vlan 10 and Vlan 100 interfaces for neighborhoods to be established. C is not possible, because Area is stub not NSSA (Not-so-stuby-Area).
upvoted 13 times
[Removed]
3 years ago
Passive Interface prevents it from forming a neighborship, so the core doesn't learn any routes from C2 ( as lomg as there isn't any other active interface). However C1 should at least have OSPF routes to it's directly connected networks and therefore i think B is wrong.
upvoted 3 times
dodds
2 years, 11 months ago
What is your answer then? I think it's B. Because of passive-interface, core1 has no ospf neighbor. core1 probably see 10 connected routes, not ospf routes. So A seems to be wrong
upvoted 2 times
Davidkanigui
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
D is correct because area 1 is a Stub area, 2 routes for the inter-area networks + 1 default route from the ABR will be injected in Area in addition to the 20 route = 23 Student Guide Vol 1 Rev 20.21 page 403
upvoted 9 times
SeidorBruno
Most Recent 10 months ago
Selected Answer: B
Page 332 Study Guide: If you are only enabling OSPF on the VLAN because you want to advertise its subnet, and you do not want the router to form adjacencies with other routers on the VLAN, configure the VLAN as a passive OSPF interface. [Aruba Networks] As no "passive interface default" is Globally defined, no routes are advertised since on the VLANS there is no command "no passive-interface" configured.
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
1 year ago
B is correct. If you do a 'passive interface default' under the global OSPF config, and then do NOT set the interface as 'no ip ospf passive', you get no neighbors, hence no OSPF routes.
upvoted 2 times
moe706706
12 months ago
Thats the most relevant answer, thank you ! since ip ospf wasnt enabled on interface level using no ip ospf passive then core wont form any adjacencies and wont learn any OSPF routes
upvoted 1 times
E_Nick
1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: B
B "passive interface defualt"
upvoted 3 times
NetExpert
1 year, 7 months ago
D is correct
upvoted 2 times
DIOGENES
2 years, 5 months ago
I read the aruba certified book, I found the answer for the question, Its D. two aggregate routes for inter-area (are0 10.0.0.0/16 and area1 10.1.0.0/16) and 1 default route for the ASBR.
upvoted 3 times
kadis500
2 years, 7 months ago
ths answer is not B , because when you perform: ip ospf x area x On interface , it will enable OSPF on this interface
upvoted 1 times
Disposable_Me_2018
2 years, 7 months ago
OSPF can be enabled on an interface AND passive on that same interface. They are not the same thing.
upvoted 4 times
seb6869
2 years, 8 months ago
The answer B is correct (miss no passive interface on SVI)
upvoted 2 times
AM1234
2 years, 10 months ago
The correct Answer is B
upvoted 3 times
fasty
3 years ago
I also think it is C, core 1 should have 10 LSA 2, 2 LSA 3, 1 LSA 4 and 1 LSA 5, so A is not Correct
upvoted 1 times
acot333
3 years ago
I think it's C
upvoted 1 times
poris27
3 years ago
The answer is A ?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...