Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam HPE6-A73 topic 1 question 10 discussion

Actual exam question from HP's HPE6-A73
Question #: 10
Topic #: 1
[All HPE6-A73 Questions]

An administrator is implementing a multicast solution in a multi-VLAN network. Which statement is true about the configuration of the switches in the network?

• A. IGMP snooping must be enabled on all interfaces on a switch to intelligently forward traffic
  • B. IGMP requires join and leave messages to graft and prune multicast streams between switches
  • C. IGMP must be enabled on all routed interfaces where multicast traffic will traverse
  • D. IGMP must be enabled on all interfaces where multicast sources and receivers are connected
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
watermellonhead
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
Looks like C is correct. Found a PDF the specifically says this. Google "AOS-CX switch igmp", first result (pdf), then go to "Multicast Deployment Summary". A - incorrect. This is configured globally on the switch, not per-interface. B - incorrect. This is a PIM function. Not IGMP. D - incorrect. IGMP is enabled on L3 interfaces towards the sources/receivers. Not ALL interfaces.
upvoted 12 times
Linares1234
2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks bro i have tomorrow my exam.
upvoted 2 times
davo92726
2 years, 6 months ago
did you pass?
upvoted 1 times
seb6869
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
D is correct. IGMP is enabled only on clients and multicast servers VLAN. PIM is enabled on routed interfaces between clients and servers VLAN to route multicast flow
upvoted 5 times
johnhenri
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
A is false because IGMP snooping is enable on vlan and not on interface B is false because Graft & Prune are used by PIM D is false because they sayd only "interface" and not "routed interface", IGMP cannot be enable on switch interface, only on "routed interface" C seems to be correct
upvoted 1 times
SeidorBruno
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Page 567 Study Guide: A querier is required for proper IGMP operation. For this reason, you must enable IGMP on the L3 Interface. If the querier functionality is not configured or disabled, you must ensure that there is an IGMP querier in the same VLAN. [Aruba Networks]
upvoted 1 times
Redrum702
12 months ago
C: IGMP has to be configured on routed interfaces
upvoted 1 times
Redrum702
12 months ago
C: IGMP must be enabled on all routed interfaces. This allows the routers to participate in IGMP signaling and properly handle the multicast traffic.
upvoted 1 times
E_Nick
1 year, 6 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
a__p
1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: D
I think D is correct A - incorrect, switches will always forward traffic B - Graft and Prune are PIM functions C - IGMP is only required on the VLAN where the receivers and source are connected, PIM is required across L3 domains. IGMP manages flooding of multicast on a segment. D - Correct - VLAN interfaces where source and receivers are connected
upvoted 1 times
mindaugasv
1 year, 7 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
gondolf
2 years, 1 month ago
None of these are correct. I'm going to assume they are talking about VLAN interfaces, and go with answer D if I get this question on the test. https://i.imgur.com/vW7V2UL.png
upvoted 2 times
guidogiesen
2 years ago
in the picture you shared is saying that "igmp enable snooping optional but recommended" but answer "D" is saying it must be enabled. so D is not correct
upvoted 1 times
johnhenri
1 month, 2 weeks ago
be carefull, "igmp snooping" is different from "igmp", on the picture they sayed "PIM-DM and IGMP enabled on correct interface"
upvoted 1 times
Mar_a_Lagoon
2 years, 7 months ago
D is correct. See "AOS-CX Multicast deployment and troubleshooting guide" page 8 Multicast Deployment Summary point 6: "Enable IGMP/MLD on L3 interfaces towards receiver subnets"
upvoted 1 times
filthyx
2 years, 6 months ago
It's C. You answer says it. "L3 interfaces" Option D says nothing about routed interfaces.
upvoted 2 times
pabx31
2 years, 7 months ago
C - Book states "If you want the benefits of IGMP in VLAN 30, you must enable it on the routed interface for VLAN 30" and "You enable IGMP on a per VLAN basis."
upvoted 4 times
Pcpimp
2 years, 7 months ago
Look at module 9 page 17 and 18. I think D is correct.
upvoted 1 times
kup
2 years, 8 months ago
C page 531
upvoted 1 times
I_C_U
2 years, 8 months ago
when are you planning to do the exam? or have you already done it?
upvoted 1 times
I_C_U
2 years, 8 months ago
the question is specifically asking for switch config, so I think D is correct. What is mentioned in B happens anyway (with version 3 IGMP) without any extra config being done. i.e. Without IGMP in place PIM will not work.
upvoted 1 times
Mrvn
2 years, 10 months ago
C is correct Graft and prune relate to PIM-DM not IGMP
upvoted 2 times
AM1234
2 years, 11 months ago
the correct Answer is C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...