Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PHR topic 1 question 39 discussion

Actual exam question from HRCI's PHR
Question #: 39
Topic #: 1
[All PHR Questions]

You are completing a Form I-9 with a newly hired employee. Which one of the following documents is not allowed as a proof of identity and employment eligibility for the newly hired employee?

• A. Driver's license
  • B. Expired US passport
  • C. Certificate of naturalization
  • D. Unexpired reentry permit
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
8b8b7f7
3 months ago
A is correct. You can’t use a driver’s license as proof of identity and employment eligibility. You can use a US passport, permanent resident card or an employment authorization card as proof of identity and for employment eligibility.
upvoted 1 times
cadmus
11 months, 1 week ago
Driver's licenses should be fine as following Form I-9 Acceptable Documents: According to https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents
upvoted 1 times
cadmus
11 months, 1 week ago
So the proper answer should be B. An expired US passport is not an acceptable document for Form I-9. According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), employees must provide documentation to their employers to show their identity and authorization to work. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of Form I-91. A driver’s license is an acceptable document for establishing identity under List B of the Form I-92.
upvoted 1 times
AmberNM23
3 years, 5 months ago
Expired documents should not be allowed.
upvoted 1 times
Brad626
2 years, 11 months ago
I disagree. Driver's licenses cannot be accepted because driver's licenses could be obtained by illegal residents. An expired (not revoked) US Passport is acceptable because it proves the identity and the citizenship of the person it was issued to. The fact that a passport has expired (and was not revoked) does not change its acceptability.
upvoted 1 times
Stixx7
3 years, 6 months ago
This answer is wrong. It's B-you cannot accept expired documents
upvoted 1 times
Brad626
2 years, 11 months ago
I disagree. Driver's licenses cannot be accepted because driver's licenses could be obtained by illegal residents. An expired (not revoked) US Passport is acceptable because it proves the identity and the citizenship of the person it was issued to. The fact that a passport has expired (and was not revoked) does not change its acceptability.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...