Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SPHR topic 1 question 2 discussion

Actual exam question from HRCI's SPHR
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All SPHR Questions]

According to Knowles, there are five key assumptions about how adults learn. One of the assumptions is the learner's need to know. Which of the following statements is best associated with the assumption of the learner's need to know?

• A. I'm ready to learn this because what I learn will help me function better in some way.
  • B. I understand why I need to learn this.
  • C. What I learn today will help me solve problems at my workplace tomorrow.
  • D. I've got lots of valuable experience that I want to draw upon to help me as I learn.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Answer option B is correct.
The statement "I understand why I need to learn this" is an assumption that the learner understands the need to know the course material.
Answer option A is incorrect. The statement "I'm ready to learn this because what I learn will help me function better in some way" is an example of the assumption of the learner's readiness to learn.
Answer option C is incorrect. The statement "What I learn today will help me solve problems at my workplace tomorrow" is an example of the assumption of the learner's orientation to learning.
Answer option D is incorrect. The statement "I've got lots of valuable experience that I want to draw upon to help me as I learn" is an example of the assumption of the learner's experience.
Reference: Professional in Human Resources Certification Guide, Sybex, ISBN: 978-0-470-43096-5. Chapter 5: Human Resource Development. Official PHR and
SPHR Certification Guide, HR Certification Institute, ISBN: 978-1-586-44149-4, Section III, The US Body of Knowledge.
Chapter: Core Knowledge Requirements for HR Professionals
Objective: Adult Learning Processes and Learning Styles

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Nugwa
1 year, 2 months ago
Option B is correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...