Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam IIA-CIA-Part1 topic 4 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from IIA's IIA-CIA-Part1
Question #: 17
Topic #: 4
[All IIA-CIA-Part1 Questions]

An internal auditor is testing, on a sample basis, whether invoices paid between January 1 and December 31 are supported by appropriately approved purchase orders. Over 25, 000 invoices were paid during the fiscal year, which runs from the first of April to the end of March. The auditor sets the acceptable risk of assessing control risk too low at 5% and the tolerable deviation rate at 5%. The internal auditor consults the previous audit and sets the expected population deviation rate at 1%. Sample size (77) is selected from a table and rounded up to 80. No sample deviations were found. The upper deviation limit was 3.7%.
Which of the following statements represents a valid conclusion regarding this information?

• A. I am 95% confident that the true, but unknown, population deviation rate is less than or equal to 3.7%. Results indicated that the sample size was too small, as no sample deviations were found.
  • B. I am 95% confident that the actual population deviation rate is 3.7%. Since this is less than the tolerable deviation rate, quantitative attribute testing results indicate that the control is effective.
  • C. I am 95% confident that the true, but unknown, population deviation rate is less than or equal to 3.7%. The quantitative attribute testing results indicate that the control is effective.
  • D. I am 95% confident that the true, but unknown, population deviation rate is less than or equal to 3.7%. The quantitative attribute testing results indicate that the
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Elvoo
1 week, 6 days ago
D is incomplete
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...