Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CBAP topic 1 question 148 discussion

Actual exam question from IIBA's CBAP
Question #: 148
Topic #: 1
[All CBAP Questions]

Management comes to you and asks you to complete some specifications and models about the current state of the organization. Management wants you to complete this business analysis activity as soon as possible and report back to them with your findings.
What is the primary purpose of the specify and model requirements process?

• A. To analyze the processes of an organization to determine what processes can be improved, removed, or added.
  • B. To analyze the utility function within the organization to determine how risk tolerance may allow for new opportunities.
  • C. To analyze the roles and responsibilities of users within the organization to determine how the processes may be improved.
  • D. To analyze the functioning of an organization and to provide an insight into opportunities for improvement.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Rabbitsfoot
3 weeks, 5 days ago
Selected Answer: D
7.1 Specify and Model Requirements Purpose The purpose of Specify and Model Requirements is to analyze, synthesize, and refine elicitation results into requirements and designs. - This process involves translating the gathered information into actionable requirements and design specifications, i.e. the BAs findings.
upvoted 1 times
b9adaf1
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Makes no sense
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 10 months ago
Ans is B From BABOK v2 Pg 107. Specifications and models are created to analyze the functioning of an organization and provide insight into opportunities for improvement.
upvoted 3 times
DeborahT
7 months, 2 weeks ago
You are right but I believe you meant type D. the answer is correct as per v2
upvoted 1 times
km_45
3 years, 3 months ago
BABOK 7.1.1: The purpose of Specify and Model Requirements is to analyze, synthesize, and refine elicitation results into requirements and designs. - not even close
upvoted 3 times
Fedara
1 year, 10 months ago
A requirement is a usable representation of a need. Requirements focus on understanding what kind of value could be delivered if a requirement is fulfilled (From BABOK v3, pg15) hence why it is D
upvoted 1 times
Nattie14
2 years, 3 months ago
i guess this is why I am confused as to how D is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...