Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CBAP topic 1 question 378 discussion

Actual exam question from IIBA's CBAP
Question #: 378
Topic #: 1
[All CBAP Questions]

A business unit of a transnational manufacturer wants to implement a robust process for addressing integrity-critical equipment deterioration incidents. Timely and complete resolution of such incidents is vital for the business unit's continuous safe and profitable operation. Treating each incident involves many employees from different departments extensively collaborating and exchanging information. That information is spread across multiple systems having their access limited to particular user groups. With the current manual process, some incidents get forgotten and remain unresolved for years.
The project's Sponsor is an Equipment Integrity and Reliability Advisor, who moved into this position from another business unit. That business unit implemented a proprietary application to integrate the information and to assist in tracking and managing the incidents. Having a positive experience with the application, the
Sponsor is suggesting to customize it and reuse in the new business unit.
The business unit's Enterprise Architect (EA), who is responsible for assessing solution options and presenting them to executive decision makers, has a few concerns with adopting the existing application. The application uses point-to-point interfaces with other data sources whereas the business unit's target architecture relies on a data warehouse-based integration. Moreover, the two business units use different legacy systems, as well as different front-end implementation technologies. Additionally, the existing application is monolingual, while the business unit needs user interfaces and some data to be presented in two languages. With all of this, it may be easier to build a new application from scratch than to customize the existing one. To understand which option is better, the EA asks a business analyst (BA) to define business requirements.
The EA wants to understand whether the integration capabilities of the existing solution match the business unit's IT landscape. The requirement definition that the
EA needs should read as, "Each record of an incident shall __________."

• A. be associated with the unit of equipment to which it belongs."
  • B. include the associated equipment's information from the asset management system."
  • C. contain the ID of the equipment to which it belongs."
  • D. be related to a unit of equipment using the Equipment ID stored in the asset management system."
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Rabbitsfoot
1 month ago
Selected Answer: B
Option B, "include the associated equipment's information from the asset management system," is the most appropriate because it specifies including all relevant information about the equipment, not just the ID, and it ensures alignment with the business unit's IT landscape and the integration capabilities of the existing solution.
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
1 month ago
In fact, I changed my mind. They are still strategy analysis stage , assessing solution options (solution scope) basically, build a new system or customize. The question ask for the BA to define “business requirements” , which need to be more flexible. So based on that , I would go with “A” because it’s more system agnostic. The other options are too rigid to be business requirements and would fall more into functional requirements. Also, the mention of the asset management system mentioned in B and D, and the ID mentioned in C and D, suggest that some form of a solution has already been determined. They are still trying to figure this this part out. This is a tough one...
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Honestly, I'm not sure, But my opinion is: "The application uses point-to-point interfaces with other data sources whereas the business unit's target architecture relies on a data warehouse-based integration. " The new application should rely on a data warehouse-based integration (data transformations and consolidations happen in one place). Maybe in this case, the asset management system is not an option. If choose between A and C, I would go with A, because we can not be sure that the equipment has ID, may be it is equipment Number
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 10 months ago
C seems to be a better definition than A.
upvoted 2 times
rupakarthik
3 years ago
i believe its A or C because the question never spoke of asset management system.
upvoted 1 times
rhsdeal
2 years, 11 months ago
Well based on your line of thinking I agree, but these questions have been all over the map. I agree B and D have to be out due to the line in the main question of "That information is spread across multiple systems having their access limited to particular user groups." So there is no existing asset management system. There is only one option that implies more information than simply an ID number and doesn’t mention the mythical asset management system. So I am going with: option A “Each record of an incident shall" - "be associated with the unit of equipment to which it belongs."
upvoted 6 times
BirdCatcher
2 years, 10 months ago
Answer A seems the be the best option. Also, keywords might be "match" and "the business unit" from the text. There is no "asset management system", nor "ID of the equipment" in the question.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...