Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CBAP topic 1 question 65 discussion

Actual exam question from IIBA's CBAP
Question #: 65
Topic #: 1
[All CBAP Questions]

Which of the following processes is used to make certain that the project team members are completing the project work according to the project plan?

• A. Project time management
  • B. Project scope management
  • C. Quality management plan
  • D. Quality control
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Farooq_95
1 week, 5 days ago
Selected Answer: D
Not a BABOK v3 question. But in the context of BABOK v3, Quality Control seems to be appropriate option as Quality control involves monitoring specific project results to determine if they comply with relevant quality standards and identifying ways to eliminate causes of unsatisfactory performance. Project Scope Management is not correct as it primarily involves deciding what is included and what is excluded from the project.
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
2 months ago
Going with D - There isn't anything in the BABOK (as far as I could find) that addresses processes to use for output monitoring of the project team. It just states who the project team is and what is performed by them and that the PM is responsible for scope. Nothing on processes. The question also doesn't mention the PM at all. The only reference I could get in BABOK was in the glossary: pg 450 - Quality: The degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfills needs. Not a process though but, quality control would be.
upvoted 1 times
BMM_76
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Babok v3 pag 131: Project Manager: responsible for managing change and planning the detailed activities to complete a change. In a project, the project manager is responsible for the project scope, which covers all the work to be performed by the project team
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
2 months ago
Initial thoughts were the same... but question doesn't say anything about the PM.
upvoted 1 times
teehmama
5 months, 3 weeks ago
C. Because quality control is a part of overall project quality management and focuses on identifying and addressing defects or deviations from the planned project work.
upvoted 1 times
OLasure
2 years, 5 months ago
The question said according to the project plan. Scope management plan focus on the scope of the project not budget, timeline etc Quality control on the other hand deals with every aspect of the project
upvoted 2 times
NickMane
2 years, 8 months ago
I would go with D
upvoted 2 times
Samotaka
2 years, 8 months ago
I think option B talks more about the coverage of the solution/project...but the question is about completion of work according to project plan...so i also think the right answer is D...quality control
upvoted 1 times
ekmode
2 years, 9 months ago
I think the correct answer is option B (Project Scope Management) as it covers all the things that are done to plan a project and time (Deadline) is part of it.
upvoted 2 times
binu801
2 years, 10 months ago
Can anyone explain why quality control is the right answer
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...