Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CRISC topic 1 question 492 discussion

Actual exam question from Isaca's CRISC
Question #: 492
Topic #: 1
[All CRISC Questions]

An organization is planning to acquire a new financial system. Which of the following stakeholders would provide the MOST relevant information for analyzing the risk associated with the new IT solution?

• A. Process owner
  • B. Internal auditor
  • C. Risk manager
  • D. Project sponsor
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
A. Process owner When an organization is planning to acquire a new financial system, the process owner of the financial system would have the most detailed and relevant knowledge about the processes, requirements, potential pitfalls, and intricacies of the current system and its integration needs. This knowledge would be invaluable in analyzing the risks associated with implementing a new IT solution. The other stakeholders, while important, would not have the same depth of understanding regarding the functional requirements and potential risks specific to the new system.
upvoted 1 times
Koulyo
1 year ago
I guess then that the project sponsor is the project manager.
upvoted 1 times
john_boogieman
1 year, 2 months ago
Correct.
upvoted 1 times
cybervds
1 year, 3 months ago
An organization is planning to acquire a new financial system. Which of the following stakeholders would provide the MOST relevant information for analyzing the risk associated with the new IT solution? -> I interpret this question as 'who should I direct my questions to when analyzing the risk associated with the proposed system?' A. process owner is the the only role that could reliably answer the risk owner/risk manager's technical questions
upvoted 1 times
Ceecil1959
2 years ago
The question is dealing with a financial application and not a financial process. So, the answer provided is correct.
upvoted 1 times
thkeldu6
2 years, 1 month ago
"provide the MOST relevant information for analyzing the risk associated" that would be the Risk Manager.
upvoted 1 times
cybervds
1 year, 3 months ago
why would the risk manager know anything about the technical system/process?
upvoted 1 times
Raj1510
2 years, 3 months ago
support A
upvoted 1 times
mclaiborne
3 years ago
risk manager is not typically a stakeholder are they?
upvoted 1 times
Tomm8125
3 years ago
a RACI would indicate the the responsible owner is the Risk Manager and the accountable owner is the Process or Business Owner
upvoted 1 times
Ics2Pass
3 years, 1 month ago
The answer provided is correct. The question is not asking for the risk owner.
upvoted 1 times
Tsuresh
3 years, 2 months ago
I echo - A should be answer
upvoted 4 times
pnikoul
3 years, 3 months ago
A is a good answer
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...