Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 236 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 236
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

What is the BEST design for securing physical perimeter protection?

• A. Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
  • B. Business continuity planning (BCP)
  • C. Barriers, fences, gates, and walls
  • D. Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED)
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
franbarpro
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
This might help someone: What is 'Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design'? ‘Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design’ (CPTED) is a crime prevention theory focusing on tactical design and the effective use of the built environment, which when applied, reduces both crime and the fear of crime. A main objective of CPTED is to reduce/remove the opportunity for crime to occur in an environment, and promote positive interaction with the space by legitimate users. CPTED is a preventative, pro-active model, and not a reactive one. CPTED is a crucial element of the service that Design for Security provide, and the benefits are optimal when the strategy is applied in the earliest possible stage of the design process, before integral design decisions are set in stone. CPTED however, should not operate alone as the sole crime prevention method; and instead should work in conjunction with other social, environmental and community-based strategies.
upvoted 11 times
jackdryan
1 year ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
Cww1
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
correct. https://designforsecurity.org/crime-prevention-through-environmental-design/
upvoted 9 times
CCNPWILL
Most Recent 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: D
I Agree. D encompasses C and more. D is the best. Besides. Walls, barriers.. etc is not a 'design' . CPTED is a design.
upvoted 1 times
hoho2000
2 months ago
Should be D. CPTED comprises five principles: i) physical security ii) surveillance; iii) movement control; iv) management and maintenance and v) defensible space
upvoted 1 times
YesPlease
4 months, 4 weeks ago
Answer D) Because it can contain everything answer C and more
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
5 months, 1 week ago
I think it's D. And I believe A and C are included in D. Besides, the word 'design' seems to fit best with D.
upvoted 1 times
CoolCat22
5 months, 1 week ago
yo this be D, C is the implementation of what is D is the design process, however its a what is "more" right question i think
upvoted 1 times
rsantunes
6 months, 4 weeks ago
The question is clearly requesting a DESIGN. Security controls (CCTV, barriers, wall, fences) are not a DESIGN.
upvoted 3 times
omarb79
1 year, 1 month ago
I'll choose D. Here the question is talking about design (Best design) so the best design is CPTED while the items in B (Barriers, fences, gates, and walls) can be used with the CPTED to harden the physical security. As mentioned in the CISSP 9th edition "The use of CPTED does not substitute for the use of actual target hardening, such as locked doors, security guards, fences, and bollards. However, a mixture of traditional physical barriers and CPTED strategies can provide both preventive security and detective and deterrent security."
upvoted 3 times
Marzie
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
C is exactly a design is it? I'd go with D
upvoted 1 times
RVoigt
1 year, 2 months ago
CISSP Official Study Guide pg 425 - "The use of CPTED does not substitute for the use of actual target hardening, such as locked doors, security guards, fences, and bollards. However, a mixture of traditional physical barriers and CPTED strategies can provide both preventive security and detective and deterrent security. "
upvoted 4 times
DJOEK
1 year, 4 months ago
I am going with C. Altough physical security should always be a combination of CPTED and other measures, CPTED alone does not seem sufficient. A fence or Door will always be needed after.
upvoted 1 times
rajkamal0
1 year, 4 months ago
D is the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
mishu2513
1 year, 5 months ago
Answer is C
upvoted 3 times
mishu2513
1 year, 5 months ago
Answer is C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...