Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 143 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 143
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

A security practitioner detects an Endpoint attack on the organization's network. What is the MOST reasonable approach to mitigate future Endpoint attacks?

• A. Remove all non-essential client-side web services from the network.
  • B. Harden the client image before deployment.
  • C. Screen for harmful exploits of client-side services before implementation.
  • D. Block all client-side web exploits at the perimeter.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
stickerbush1970
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm leaning more towards B than C.
upvoted 12 times
jackdryan
11 months, 3 weeks ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
giovi
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
B makes more sense
upvoted 8 times
klarak
Most Recent 1 week, 6 days ago
I can't even figure out what the question has to do with the answers...
upvoted 1 times
sbear123
1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
I chose C as all other options are targeting specific cause of attack. Question does not mention the reason of attack.
upvoted 1 times
hoho2000
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Would go with C. Question is on security and ask REASONABLY, so which option aligns more towards how a security reaction would be? Hardening is part and parcel but will it really stop attacks? Rem TOCTOU concept. Screening action has more biased towards Security aspect although also susceptible to TOCTOU. Try not to over think between the 2.
upvoted 1 times
YesPlease
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer B) B will make the attack surface footprint smaller. Both C and D are essentially the same (one looks for and the other blocks...but in both case you have to know exactly what you are looking for and this will not help at all with ZERO DAY exploits).
upvoted 2 times
shmoeee
5 months, 1 week ago
It''s between B and C. I'm going with C because it seems more managerial. Hardening the endpoint seems more technical
upvoted 1 times
shmoeee
5 months, 1 week ago
Also want to note that although the image is hardened, that doesn't mean it is fully protected from all endpoint attacks. At least after screening, you will know all the possible attacks before deployment. These screen attacks can determine necessary endpoint configurations.IMO
upvoted 1 times
74gjd_37
7 months, 1 week ago
The most reasonable approach to mitigate future Endpoint attacks would be to harden the client image before deployment. This means ensuring that the endpoint devices are properly configured, patched, and updated to reduce vulnerabilities that can be exploited by attackers. This approach would help to prevent future attacks and improve the overall security posture of the organization. The other options listed can also be helpful in improving security, but hardening the client image is the best first step to take in this scenario.
upvoted 3 times
Bach1968
10 months ago
screening for harmful exploits of client-side services before implementation (option C) is also an important approach to mitigate future Endpoint attacks. Screening for harmful exploits involves assessing and evaluating client-side services and their potential vulnerabilities before they are implemented in the network. By conducting security assessments and testing for known vulnerabilities or exploits, organizations can identify and address potential risks and weaknesses in client-side services. This proactive approach helps prevent the introduction of vulnerable software or services that could be targeted by attackers. Both options B (hardening the client image) and C (screening for harmful exploits) are important steps to enhance the security of endpoints and mitigate the risk of future attacks. These measures should be implemented in combination to establish a robust defense against Endpoint attacks.
upvoted 1 times
dmo_d
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I was struggeling between B and C. Because B is general preventive against various misconfiguration and C is a mitigation to specific threads (which may or may not a configuration issue) I choose C. C also covers common vulnerability scanning and so on.
upvoted 2 times
cryptofetti
1 year ago
Why wouldn't hardening the client image be more desired? Harden the client image before deployment is the most reasonable approach to mitigating future Endpoint attacks. Hardening the client image involves removing or disabling any unnecessary software or services, configuring the system to meet security best practices, and implementing appropriate security controls. By removing or disabling unnecessary software or services, the attack surface of the system is reduced, making it more difficult for attackers to exploit vulnerabilities in the system.
upvoted 3 times
meelaan
1 year, 4 months ago
B looks right
upvoted 1 times
oudmaster
1 year, 4 months ago
My heart tells me B
upvoted 1 times
IXone
1 year, 6 months ago
could be corrected C, restricting compliance and security policies that reduce the attack surface of endpoints
upvoted 1 times
franbarpro
1 year, 6 months ago
B it is
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...