Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 403 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 403
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

To ensure proper governance of information throughout the lifecycle, which of the following should be assigned FIRST?

• A. Owner
  • B. Classification
  • C. Custodian
  • D. Retention
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
sbloyola
1 month ago
Owner decides/determines classification.
upvoted 2 times
pete79
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
It has to start with owner
upvoted 2 times
gjimenezf
2 months, 3 weeks ago
The owner, he is the responsible for classifying the data
upvoted 1 times
629f731
3 months, 1 week ago
In establishing proper governance of information throughout its lifecycle, the FIRST assignment is typically the Owner. The owner is responsible for making decisions regarding the data, including its classification, assigning custodianship, determining retention requirements, and overseeing its overall management.
upvoted 3 times
YesPlease
4 months ago
Answer A) Owner https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9822707#:~:text=The%20data%20owner%20will%20be%20identified%20in%20the%20Create%20phase
upvoted 1 times
Soleandheel
4 months, 1 week ago
A. Owner ..........You have to assign a data owner first before you classify the data. Data classification is essential but can only happen after a data owner has been assigned. This is because the Data Owner plays a decisive role in the data classification process.
upvoted 1 times
HughJassole
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Fist you must have a data owner, and that person classifies the data as appropriate.
upvoted 3 times
babaseun
1 year ago
Selected Answer: B
The data owner sometimes refer to as the organizational owner or senior manager is the person who has the ultimate organizational responsibility for data, the owner is typically the chief executive officer (CEO), president or a department head (DH). Data owners identify the classification of data and ensure that it is labeled properly.. in that case the first thing to assign is classification. my point is you dont assign the organizational owner.
upvoted 2 times
jackdryan
11 months, 2 weeks ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
Delab202
1 year ago
Assigning ownership of information is critical to ensuring that the information is properly managed, protected, and governed. When someone is designated as the owner of the information, they are responsible for defining and implementing the policies, procedures, and controls necessary to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information.
upvoted 2 times
Goseu
1 year ago
B seems the correct anwer
upvoted 1 times
Alex71
1 year, 1 month ago
B. Classification Assigning a classification is the first step to ensure proper governance of information throughout the lifecycle. Classification helps to determine the appropriate level of protection that information requires based on its sensitivity and criticality. This then informs the appropriate owner, custodian, retention, and disposal requirements. Therefore, classification is the foundation for effective information governance.
upvoted 3 times
629f731
3 months, 1 week ago
the Owner is who assigning a classification, so FIRT we should define a Owner-> classification
upvoted 1 times
Rollingalx
1 year, 2 months ago
I go with B it may be difficult to identify the appropriate owner without first classifying the information. In some organizations is not the owner who classifies the information, it can be information security team, a data governance team or a records management team.
upvoted 2 times
Bankydo
1 year, 2 months ago
Chicken and Egg question. Oh my. I would say the owner does the classification. But is an owner assigned? and then by who, Custodian? Then who assigns the custodian? I really dislike questions like this.
upvoted 2 times
iwannapass
1 year, 2 months ago
I can't make up my mind between Owner or Classification. I want to say Owner, because Owners assign the classification. Maybe I'm thinking too technically.
upvoted 2 times
l00t
1 year, 2 months ago
The correct answer is B. Classification. Classification is the first step in the information governance lifecycle, as it helps to identify what data an organization has, how sensitive it is, and how it should be handled. The other options are not the first step in the information governance lifecycle. Owner is the person or entity that has the authority and responsibility for the data, but it is not necessarily assigned before classification. Custodian is the person or entity that has the operational responsibility for the data, but it is not necessarily assigned before classification. Retention is the process of keeping or deleting data based on its value and legal requirements, but it is not the first step in the information governance lifecycle.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...