Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 102-500 topic 1 question 64 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 102-500
Question #: 64
Topic #: 1
[All 102-500 Questions]

FILL BLANK -
Which file is processed by newaliases? (Specify the full name of the file, including path.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: /etc/mail/aliases

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Thi_86
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
The correct answer is "/etc/aliases"
upvoted 20 times
QuickVick1982
3 years, 6 months ago
/etc/aliases is a symbolic link to /etc/mail/aliases
upvoted 2 times
EnemyTurret
3 years, 3 months ago
on my disto it isn't (kubuntu)
upvoted 3 times
Jodelo
2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah it's /etc/aliases on my ubuntu too. Not a symbolic link.
upvoted 2 times
lucaverce
1 year, 11 months ago
You didn't understand the question, they ask "Which file is processed by newaliases?" Not which alias file you can edit.
upvoted 1 times
rmmichael95
9 months ago
In man pages; IF using database files, newaliases is equivalent to running makemap -t aliases /etc/mail/aliases
upvoted 1 times
lucaverce
Most Recent 1 year, 11 months ago
They ask "Which file is processed by newaliases?", the correct answer is /etc/mail/aliases. You can edit the text-based /etc/aliases file with your new aliases , but only when you invoke the newaliases command it will update the binary file (newaliases update the /etc/mail/aliases db file). DESCRIPTION. newaliases rebuilds the random access data base for the mail aliases file /etc/mail/aliases. It is run automatically by sendmail(1M) (in the default configuration) whenever /etc/mail/aliases is newer than /etc/mail/aliases.
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
2 years ago
As per LPIC-2 page 357 By default, the email accounts on a Linux system are associated with the standard system accounts. For example, If user Carol has the login name carol on the host lab2.campus then her email address will be [email protected]. This one-to-one association between system accounts and mailboxes can be extended by standard methods provided by most Linux distributions, in particular the email routing mechanism provided by the /etc/aliases file. so answer would be /etc/aliases
upvoted 3 times
wvdw1962
2 years, 2 months ago
according my studyguide LPIC-1, Breshnahan/Blum, page 381: "The /etc/aliases.db is a binary file. Thus you want to edit the text-based /etc/aliases file with your new aliases and run the newaliases command to update the binary file.
upvoted 3 times
wvdw1962
2 years, 1 month ago
but, according the man-page it should be /etc/mail/aliases
upvoted 3 times
Robert12
2 years, 2 months ago
Throughout my studies i never come across /etc/mail/aliases it's always been /etc/aliases Therefore i would naturally choose /etc/aliases believing 100% that it is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
shiine
2 years, 4 months ago
I think it's /etc/mail/aliases as described in the man page: "The newaliases utility makes changes to the mail aliases file visible to smtpd(8). It should be run every time the aliases(5) file is changed. The location of the alias file is defined in smtpd.conf(5), and defaults to /etc/mail/aliases." https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/newaliases.8.html
upvoted 2 times
petkov
2 years, 4 months ago
/etc/aliases
upvoted 1 times
jegga
2 years, 4 months ago
the correct answer is. /etc/aliases
upvoted 1 times
iwkno6
2 years, 8 months ago
I agree looks like /etc/aliases is the correct answer
upvoted 3 times
CuriousLinuxCat
2 years, 8 months ago
The correct answer is "/etc/aliases". First you edit /etc/aliases, the run the newaliases command, which will update the aliases database called /etc/aliases.db! The aliases.db is a binary file so it is recommended to update the /etc/aliases file. Example: # grep ^hostmaster /etc/aliases hostmaster: root # # nano /etc/aliases # # grep ^hostmaster /etc/aliases hostmaster: christine,rich # # newaliases #
upvoted 1 times
AonDuine
2 years, 10 months ago
According to the study guide, the /etc/aliases is the correct answer.
upvoted 2 times
MIU
3 years, 5 months ago
I think this varies depending on your distribution. /etc/mail/aliases or /etc/aliases.
upvoted 2 times
drliu1202
1 year, 8 months ago
I agree with you. But the official guide says /etc/aliases . "After modifying the /etc/aliases file, the command newaliases should be executed to update the MTA’s aliases database and make the changes effective." https://learning.lpi.org/en/learning-materials/102-500/108/108.3/108.3_01/#:~:text=After%20modifying%20the%20/etc/aliases%20file%2C%20the%20command%20newaliases%20should%20be%20executed%20to%20update%20the%20MTA%E2%80%99s%20aliases%20database%20and%20make%20the%20changes%20effective.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...