Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 101-500 topic 1 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 101-500
Question #: 31
Topic #: 1
[All 101-500 Questions]

What is true regarding the configuration of yum? (Choose two.)

• A. Changes to the repository configuration become active after running yum confupdate
  • B. Changes to the yum configuration become active after restarting the yumd service
  • C. The configuration of package repositories can be divided into multiple files
  • D. Repository configurations can include variables such as $basearch or $releasever
  • E. In case /etc/yum.repos.d/ contains files, /etc/yum.conf is ignored
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: CD 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
aMiPL
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Correct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sec-Configuring_Yum_and_Yum_Repositories.html
upvoted 5 times
blk_542
1 year, 5 months ago
As per that same link, E might be also correct (as usual, the explanation is ambiguous): "The values you define in the [main] section of the /etc/yum.conf file may override values set in individual [repository] sections."
upvoted 1 times
Adam_H
1 year, 4 months ago
That sounds to me like it's saying the opposite of E. E is saying that /etc/yum.conf is ignored if the directory /etc/yum.repos.d/ contains files, while your quote is saying that any settings that you define/change in the configuration file can override values in the individual repos.
upvoted 1 times
dpereiro4481
Most Recent 2 days, 19 hours ago
Selected Answer: CD
C and D are the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
Ninymo
1 month ago
Answer: CD
upvoted 1 times
Ralf_G
1 month, 3 weeks ago
I currently have a lecturer "at my disposal" and he says: C & D.
upvoted 1 times
Foelixxx
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: CE
For yum the “repos” are listed in the directory /etc/yum.repos.d/. Each repository is represented by a .repo file, like CentOS-Base.repo. Additional, extra repositories can be added by the user by adding a .repo file in the directory mentioned above, or at the end of /etc/yum.conf. However, the recommended way to add or manage repositories is with the yum-config-manager tool. I,m not sure about the D answer, i'm not on RH enviroment.
upvoted 1 times
Tewodros89
4 months, 1 week ago
The correct statements regarding the configuration of yum are: C. The configuration of package repositories can be divided into multiple files. This is true. In the typical configuration, repository information is stored in separate files under the /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory. D. Repository configurations can include variables such as $basearch or $releasever. This is true. Yum configuration files support variables like $basearch (architecture of the system, e.g., x86_64) or $releasever (version of the operating system).
upvoted 2 times
Armiche
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: CD
It's correct
upvoted 1 times
Jos015
9 months, 3 weeks ago
https://learning.lpi.org/en/learning-materials/101-500/102/102.5/102.5_01/ I think it could be C and D. E contradicts this: For yum the “repos” are listed in the directory /etc/yum.repos.d/. Each repository is represented by a .repo file, like CentOS-Base.repo. Additional, extra repositories can be added by the user by adding a .repo file in the directory mentioned above, or at the end of /etc/yum.conf. However, the recommended way to add or manage repositories is with the yum-config-manager tool.
upvoted 3 times
sheilawu
11 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: DE
CORRECT ANSWER IS DE
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...