Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 201-450 topic 1 question 37 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 201-450
Question #: 37
Topic #: 1
[All 201-450 Questions]

After manually compiling and installing a new kernel, what has to be done regarding the initramfs?

• A. To initramfs is independent of the kernel and should not be modified unless the hardware configuration of the machine has changed
  • B. Since the initramfs contains kernel modules, a new initramfs must be built for the new kernel
  • C. During the compilation of the Linux kernel, a new initramfs is built automatically. The new initramfs only needs to be installed
  • D. The system should be restarted since the initramfs reconfigures itself for the new kernel during the startup of the system
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
MaikyCR28
1 year, 2 months ago
B. The initramfs isn't installed during kernel installation, in the other hand, you'd built a new one for the new already installed kernel. E.g: After you install the kernel, you should run the following commands in order to install a new initramfs version: # sudo update-initramfs -c -k [kernel-version] # sudo update-grub
upvoted 1 times
Robert12
1 year, 5 months ago
I think it's C - . It is automatically created when a new kernel is installed and deleted again when the kernel is removed from the system
upvoted 2 times
lo_01234_ol
1 year, 3 months ago
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65868294/if-i-build-linux-kernel-from-source-does-it-contain-initramfs-inside-by-default
upvoted 1 times
serlan
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: B
I think - B
upvoted 1 times
RockFer
1 year, 10 months ago
I think it´s B...
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...