Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-600 topic 2 question 49 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-600
Question #: 49
Topic #: 2
[All PL-600 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.

After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.

A company plans to automate the expense approval process.

Users currently enter data into an on-premises SQL Server database.

You need to allow users to submit expenses from mobile devices.

Solution: Create a canvas app for expense data entry. Create a desktop flow. Create a cloud flow for approval and trigger the desktop flow to add data to the SQL Server database.

Does the solution meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thachy
3 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
No. Desktop flows are primarily designed to run on a user's desktop environment, and they may not be triggered directly from mobile apps.
upvoted 1 times
Dallrea
6 months, 3 weeks ago
I think it is possible... During the process of installtion Power Automate for desktop, you will be asked to install an on premises data gateway which is required in order to triger the desktop flow from cloud flow. But since from June 30th, 2023 this option seems to be depricated. So, I beleve there must be some other way to trigger desktop flow from cloud flow without using an on premises data gateway. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/install So, I think the answer is YES.
upvoted 2 times
dbc2c96
1 week, 3 days ago
It is possible: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/trigger-desktop-flows#known-limitations
upvoted 1 times
edavison
8 months, 1 week ago
Even if you're using a desktop flow to interact with an on-premises SQL Server database, you would still need the On-Premises Data Gateway to facilitate and secure this connection when it's triggered from a cloud flow.
upvoted 1 times
OldHand1
9 months, 1 week ago
I think they are looking for no, but the answer is probably technically yes.
upvoted 3 times
MEG_Florida
10 months ago
Agree with TOM1000, I am unsure why they said no. there are some other details missing (been when are they not). 1. As long as the desktop flow is configured and running 2. As long as the desktop flow has permissions and as of now at least, it is configured for direction connectivity (as gateways are deprecated for desktop flows) So yes its possible for sure
upvoted 2 times
rober13
9 months, 1 week ago
yes, technically is possible. So, it is a little more yes than no, this question.
upvoted 1 times
TOM1000
10 months ago
Selected Answer: A
This is actually possible so should be A) YES
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...