Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam DP-600 topic 1 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's DP-600
Question #: 31
Topic #: 1
[All DP-600 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have the source data model shown in the following exhibit.

The primary keys of the tables are indicated by a key symbol beside the columns involved in each key.
You need to create a dimensional data model that will enable the analysis of order items by date, product, and customer.
What should you include in the solution? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thuss
Highly Voted 2 months ago
I think what they are trying to get at is that you denormalize the company information into both tables so that you do not need the CompanyID anymore, which would then make the relationship between OrderItem and Product only based on ProductID. Hence I think A and C. But honestly that whole model is just weird.
upvoted 13 times
d47320d
1 week, 2 days ago
Agree up to the denormalization part. But that does not imply that the relationship between OrderItem and Product should only be based on ProductID. The Product table has two columns as a primary key, ProductID and CompanyID. After denormalization, a two columns join should be performed in order to establish the proper relationships and proper analysis. So correct answers are B, C i.e. the given one.
upvoted 1 times
metiii
Highly Voted 1 month, 3 weeks ago
The given answer is correct. The company entity should be denormalized into both product and customer tables. Company ID is part of the customer table and you cannot just denormalize it into the product table. and for the relationship between OrderItem and Product, you cannot just reference a part of the primary key. This is not how referencing works, your relationship would be wrong, if you only use product id and a product id is repeated for two different company IDs your relationship would consider both of them as the same product.
upvoted 5 times
israrkhan
Most Recent 21 hours, 4 minutes ago
it can have all the answers C : A new surrogate key which combines Product and Company B:Denormalized Company into product table
upvoted 1 times
e0f0ce6
1 day ago
The Product and customer Table already contains the CompanyId Information. As long as there are no futher information in the Company Table it can be omitted. If it can be omitted there is no need for changing the relationship, because in the current situation the one to many relation already works. In my opinion it should be A + A.
upvoted 1 times
zerone72
4 days, 19 hours ago
the question says : "You need to create a dimensional data model that will enable the analysis of order items by date, product, and customer." Therefore, the analysis of order item by date, product and customer doesn't need the company table (it can be omitted) ! The answer is A and A
upvoted 2 times
eeeliiisaaa
6 days, 13 hours ago
I don't understand why not the first one is C. I think we need more information but for example in power bi models you ca nnot do relationships based in two columns, you need a combined key so I think all Fabric datamodels should work the same way.
upvoted 1 times
okamal
1 week, 4 days ago
C And C
upvoted 2 times
Sd1988
1 month, 2 weeks ago
If company has no other attribute it can be omitted
upvoted 2 times
sraakesh95
2 months ago
B - Since company and product both are keys within the Product table B - Since, an analysis is being performed on the date, product and customers, we need to denormalize the company with either the customer or product. But, denormalizing the company with the Customer would create unnecessary redundancy, hence, we need to consider only the Product for denormalization.
upvoted 1 times
XiltroX
2 months ago
Here are my two cents on what should be the right answer: 1. Dependent on ProductID col only - If you look at the question, its asking what the relationship betwen OrderItem and Product should be. The answer is simply the ProductID col as the OrderITEM table is a fact table and having ProductID as a secondary key is the best and only solutoin. 2. The Company entity (table) must be denormalized to Product table - Again, its already convenient that we have CompanyID in Product table. So its only logical that we denormalize it in Product table only.
upvoted 4 times
Momoanwar
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Correct
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...