Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-300 topic 1 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 31
Topic #: 1
[All PL-300 Questions]

HOTSPOT
-

You have a folder that contains 50 JSON files.

You need to use Power BI Desktop to make the metadata of the files available as a single dataset. The solution must NOT store the data of the JSON files.

Which type of data source should you use, and which transformation should you perform? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Florinuca
Highly Voted 2 months, 2 weeks ago
The answer is correct ! - Folder - Delete the Content column
upvoted 19 times
Aero_1898
2 months, 1 week ago
buddy you will not be able to see the meta data if you don't expand the attribute
upvoted 4 times
Bhanu__prakash
2 weeks, 1 day ago
I agree with you, but this question is a little hypothetical. Assume that the table has 5000 columns, what would you prefer the first step to be? Option 1: -Expand attribute column - Delete content column In this case, after expanding, you'll have to scroll a lot to the left, little tough, and then delete content column, end result would be storing metadata. Option 2: - Delete content column -Expand attribute column This is most preferable, as you'll see content column in the first column position, delete it and then expand attribute column, end result would be storing metadata. I'd still go with option 2 in terms of ease. My answer would be "Delete content column" for 2nd question.
upvoted 1 times
Raj1690
2 months ago
I think she is right because the solution says you should get the metadata and "solution must NOT store the data of the JSON files". You won't satisfy the second part of the question till you delete the content column first.
upvoted 3 times
INDEAVR
Highly Voted 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I tested it. The correct answer is 1) Folder 2) Expand the Attribute column. I tested with Deleting the Content column and without deleting it, in both cases the content is not visible when you load the data in Power BI Desktop. In order to see the full metadata you should expand the Attributes column.
upvoted 5 times
finlarian
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
I saw video and the answer is - Folder - Combine the files of Content column https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GlwDTk5rps&ab_channel=GlobalTechLearn
upvoted 2 times
pradeepsb12588
1 week, 2 days ago
you saved my time , god bless you dear
upvoted 1 times
shazzzy
1 week, 3 days ago
Tested - it's folder, expand attribute. There are no contents in the file in the data pane, only attributes. This is because the column is 'binary'
upvoted 1 times
dmp1990
2 weeks, 1 day ago
The thing here is that the question is not about the order or de number of actions hat you have to follow in order to achieve the solution. The question is,"which action you have to perform?", so independently of the order, you are going to have to delete the content column. So the answer given is correct.
upvoted 1 times
hakanc123
2 months ago
İmage is not shown?
upvoted 1 times
AZFabio
2 months ago
I believe the correct transformation steps would be : 1. Expand attributes 2. Delete content 3. Combine files, getting just 1 table with metadata
upvoted 1 times
vcite
2 months, 1 week ago
The answer is incorrect ! - Folder - Expand the attribute column Done this in Power BI Desktop
upvoted 4 times
benni_ale
2 months, 1 week ago
To get METADATA (and not JSON data) I would get data from FOLDER , EXPAND the Attibute column and DELETE the Content column
upvoted 2 times
MANANDAVEY
2 months, 1 week ago
Data source type: Folder Transformation: Delete the Content column. This approach will allow you to access the metadata for all the JSON files in the folder without importing the actual data from the JSON files into the dataset.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...