Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 3 question 2 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 2
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-103 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
You have an Azure Linux virtual machine that is protected by Azure Backup.
One week ago, two files were deleted from the virtual machine.
You need to restore the deleted files to an on-premises computer as quickly as possible.
Which four actions should you perform in sequence? To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
To restore files or folders from the recovery point, go to the virtual machine and choose the desired recovery point.
Step 0. In the virtual machine's menu, click Backup to open the Backup dashboard.
Step 1. In the Backup dashboard menu, click File Recovery.
Step 2. From the Select recovery point drop-down menu, select the recovery point that holds the files you want. By default, the latest recovery point is already selected.
Step 3: To download the software used to copy files from the recovery point, click Download Executable (for Windows Azure VM) or Download Script (for Linux
Azure VM, a python script is generated).
Step 4: Copy the files by using AzCopy
AzCopy is a command-line utility designed for copying data to/from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage, using simple commands designed for optimal performance. You can copy data between a file system and a storage account, or between storage accounts.
References:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-restore-files-from-vm https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Ksyed
Highly Voted 4 years, 1 month ago
In question, Its a Linux machine not Windows. So we have to use AZCopy
upvoted 26 times
FrancisFerreira
4 years ago
Nope. Also for Linux VM you download and run a script that mounts the paths to your localbox. A copy is for copying files that are still in the cloud. Doesn't apply in this case.
upvoted 11 times
dsmanneke
Highly Voted 4 years, 1 month ago
Last step chould be file explorer not AZcopy see documentation for windows because you mount a ISCSI drive to your VM
upvoted 17 times
rohan7
3 years, 10 months ago
but this is linux machine.
upvoted 10 times
tashakori
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Right is 1 From the Azure portal, click File Recovery from the vault. 2 Select a restore point. 3 Download and run a script. 4 Copy the files by using File Explorer
upvoted 1 times
learner
2 years, 11 months ago
so which is the correct steps please? For Windows VM it should be: 1 From the Azure portal, click File Recovery from the vault. 2 Select a restore point. 3 Download and run a script. 4 Copy the files by using File Explorer For Linux VM it should be: 1 From the Azure portal, click Restore VM from the vault. 2. Select Restore Point, 3. Download and run a script 4. Mount a VHD
upvoted 2 times
clouddba
2 years, 10 months ago
You should be mindful of when the files will be restored to? Question is a computer though source is Linux. Here in AZ-103 it doesn't say whether Windows or Linux but AZ-104 it says in Windows server. Only last step should be modified: Windows: Copy the files by using File Explorer Linux: Copy the files by using AZCopy
upvoted 1 times
llyrosslau
2 years, 11 months ago
I think both step 4 should be [Copy the files by using File Explorer]? because azcopy is to get file still from cloud? and the disk already mounted during the step [Download and run a script]? for Linux VM, I am not talking about Windows File Explorer . I mean some kind of built-in file manager. i am a learner please correct me if I am wrong..
upvoted 1 times
finolweb
3 years, 3 months ago
Azcopy run in linux https://azure.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/azcopy-on-linux-now-generally-availble/
upvoted 1 times
samit3011
3 years, 6 months ago
With the given option the answer should be copy the file using file explorer. Read this Microsoft article. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-restore-files-from-vm "In Linux, the volumes of the recovery point are mounted to the folder where the script is run. The attached disks, volumes, and the corresponding mount paths are shown accordingly. These mount paths are visible to users having root level access. Browse through the volumes mentioned in the script output."
upvoted 1 times
SSJA
3 years, 7 months ago
What would be the solution if the given VM is Windows (Instead Linux)?
upvoted 1 times
MathiasC
3 years, 7 months ago
The script should be run on a Linux machine because this is a Linux VM that you are trying to mount. The machine where the script/exe runs has to recognize the filesystem. The files to recover need to be recovered on an on-prem Linux machine as the source vm is Linux. I think we don't need AzCopy (because that's to copy from/to Azure, a mounted drive isn't actually "Azure") . We would need a File Explorer in Linux (or cp but that's not a given option). What do you think about this logic?
upvoted 1 times
SorinOmen
3 years, 8 months ago
No need for AZCopy, you can use File Explorer: "When you run the executable, the operating system mounts the new volumes and assigns drive letters. You can use Windows Explorer or File Explorer to browse those drives. " https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-restore-files-from-vm
upvoted 5 times
cloudcuckooland
3 years, 8 months ago
azcopy is not needed, azcopy is to move files to azure storage, we need to move to on-premises. >> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-ref-azcopy-copy so a simply cp or if the linux vm is using a gui use the explorer so step number four "copy files by using file explorer" see: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/instant-file-recovery-from-azure-linux-vm-backup-using-azure-backup-preview/
upvoted 1 times
ariahi
3 years, 8 months ago
AZcopy is for copying Data in an out of storage accounts. This question should be for a windows VM if they want to use file explorer. On a Linux machine, a simple cp will work.
upvoted 1 times
gagofure
3 years, 8 months ago
The given answer is correct. you are copying the restored files to an ON-PREM machine. AzCopy is required https://gcits.com/knowledge-base/how-to-migrate-files-into-microsoft-azure-virtual-machines/
upvoted 1 times
_syamantak
3 years, 9 months ago
Why would I use azcopy when the restore point is mounted locally using the script.
upvoted 1 times
Jer0i
3 years, 9 months ago
In step 4. AzCopy is the answer as the task is to copy From: Azure Linux virtual machine To: to an on-premises computer So for this specific question its AZcopy, if the machine were Azure Windows than it would be File Explorer
upvoted 1 times
Sizar
3 years, 9 months ago
And because the scripts itself is mounting the vhd file so you don't need to do it by yourself, and you don't need to mention that in the answer (I guess).
upvoted 1 times
Sizar
3 years, 9 months ago
I agree with ape421. The answer is File Explorer and other options are absolutely wrong. Virtual machine drive is saved as VHD file. Azcopy can not read the contents of VHD file but it would deal with the vhd file as-is like any video file. To read the content of the file you should mount the vhd file and then use the file explorer to read the contents.
upvoted 1 times
anon1234
3 years, 10 months ago
had in exam Its refers to a Linux machine but retrieving the file from an on prem windows p.c.. so selected windows explorer
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...