Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 2 question 18 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 18
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-103 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have an Azure subscription named Subscription1 that contains the resources shown in the following table.

The status of VM1 is Running.
You assign an Azure policy as shown in the exhibit. (Click the Exhibit tab.)

You assign the policy by using the following parameters:

For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
SMat
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
tested out and found that indeed after policy, the VM goes into a deallocated state.
upvoted 30 times
dean1984kirsten
3 years, 11 months ago
Good Job, that would mean these answers are correct
upvoted 3 times
bobbywilly
3 years, 6 months ago
Wrong. Policies typically don't affect resources that are already existent.
upvoted 3 times
diggity801
3 years, 11 months ago
I didn't believe you so I tested this myself. I created the policy to not allow resource types virtual machines and when it took effect, it said that the virtual machine was non-compliant but it was STILL RUNNING. Please check your lab again because you are wrong.
upvoted 77 times
orhanolgen
3 years, 10 months ago
I also didn't believe both of you, so checked myself. Diggity801 is right. Period.
upvoted 39 times
cloud_master_boss
3 years, 7 months ago
I didn't believe any of you, so i skipped the question. Just kidding...The VM will keep running.
upvoted 19 times
tezawynn
3 years, 4 months ago
no, no, no. believe in me. Giggity
upvoted 3 times
pme
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Shouldn't it be Yes, No, No? I've tried this in my Azure account and I was surprised that I was able to move Vnet1 from RG1 to RG2 despite RG2 having the policy enforced.
upvoted 25 times
LowerSouth
3 years, 10 months ago
I tested this and found the same result. the VNET can be moved to RG2
upvoted 6 times
Rume
3 years, 6 months ago
Yup - i was able to move the VNET to RG2 - No issues. VM just reflected as Non-Compliant but running I was NOT Able to modify the address space - it gave me a policy error So basically answer should be Y Y N
upvoted 3 times
Rume
3 years, 6 months ago
****Correction Y N N
upvoted 8 times
cucuff
3 years, 9 months ago
Maybe its because policies prevents you from "deploying" new resources, but if the resource already exists, it just marks it as non-compliant.
upvoted 7 times
Brandonzzm
Most Recent 2 years, 8 months ago
Test in Lab, not able to move Vnet1 to RG2, showing error : Moving resources failed There was an error moving resources. Resource move policy validation failed. Please see details. Diagnostic information: subscription id 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX', request correlation id 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'. (Code: ResourceMovePolicyValidationFailed) Resource 'Vnet1' was disallowed by policy. Policy identifiers: '[{"policyAssignment":{"name":"Not allowed resource types","id":"/subscriptions/XXXXXXX/resourceGroups/RG2/providers/Microsoft.Authorization/policyAssignments/XXXXXXXX"},"policyDefinition":{"name":"Not allowed resource types","id":"/providers/Microsoft.Authorization/policyDefinitions/XXXXXXX"}}]'. (Code: RequestDisallowedByPolicy, Target: Vnet1) Related events
upvoted 4 times
madhumita1328
2 years, 10 months ago
y n n is correct
upvoted 1 times
chaitu7416
3 years ago
answers are Y N N we can move resources when the policy is applied you can infact deallocate the VM or restart it but the VM won't be deallocated when the policy is applied , wording of the question isn't good when try to change the address space you will get error due to the policy tried it in the lab
upvoted 2 times
mikewallace8372
3 years, 2 months ago
NO NO NO
upvoted 5 times
finolweb
3 years, 2 months ago
Yes Admin can move VNET1, the state of Vm1 no change, the admin can not modify the addrees space
upvoted 3 times
MohamedArief
3 years, 2 months ago
all the options are no checked in lab environment
upvoted 1 times
random202006
3 years, 3 months ago
guess all possible combination of answers is here.
upvoted 3 times
Phoennix
3 years, 2 months ago
hahahhahaaahaahha
upvoted 2 times
Kizhakkampat
3 years, 3 months ago
Exam Question 12/23/2020
upvoted 2 times
RogerDingo
3 years, 3 months ago
just tested this in my lab and the answers are Y N N
upvoted 3 times
RogerDingo
3 years, 3 months ago
just tested this in my lab and confirm that the answers are Y, N, N Y - i was able to move VNET1 to RG2 N - the VMs status did not change to deallocated N - with the policy in place i was not able to modify the VNET2 address space. as a further test i removed the policy waited a few minutes and was then able to make changes to VNET2 address space.
upvoted 3 times
JohnAvlakiotis
3 years, 3 months ago
I just did a lab. It is Yes, No, Yes. The mirror of what is shown :)
upvoted 2 times
Thi
3 years, 5 months ago
Yes, No and No
upvoted 2 times
Aulovic
3 years, 6 months ago
NO, NO NO.
upvoted 1 times
roanbaga
3 years, 6 months ago
which means "Azure pass / RG2"?
upvoted 1 times
hstorm
3 years, 7 months ago
I was wrong in my last post: I did not wait/check that the policycompliancescan had actually been run. RG2 -> Policies Ensure status is not "NOT STARTED" Would guess this is the reason for all the confusing in this thread. After the Policy was actually started, I got the following answer YES - I could move the VNET (does not make sense in my oppinion, but thats how it is) NO - The status of the VM did not change NO - I could not change Address-space of the existing VNET
upvoted 9 times
zeal0
3 years, 6 months ago
Can verify, came to make the same comment. Took a solid 30 minutes for the policy to completely take effect. Upon first applying it, I couldn't create a new VNET, but I could update the existing one. Once it changed to Non-Compliant from Not Started, it seems the rules were applied to the existing resources and I could no longer update VNETs within the RG, but I could move an existing VNET into the RG. No impact on the VM.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...