Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 1 question 28 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 28
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-103 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have an Azure subscription that contains the resources in the following table.
You install the Web Server server role (IIS) on VM1 and VM2, and then add VM1 and VM2 to LB1.
LB1 is configured as shown in the LB1 exhibit. (Click the Exhibit tab.)

Rule1 is configured as shown in the Rule1 exhibit. (Click the Exhibit tab.)

For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Manage Azure subscriptions and resources

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ExamPrep
Highly Voted 4 years, 4 months ago
I think this is right (VM1, VM2 same availability set = Yes, Probe1.htm on VM1 and VM2, LB1 with balance between them = Yes, If rule 1 deleted, LB1 will blance all requests between VM1 and VM2 on all ports = No) based on: 1) Basic SKU doesn't allow flexibility in Availability Sets https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/concepts-limitations#skus 2) Rule1 health probe looks for /Probe1.htm - if it is present on both VMs, LB1 will balance between them 3) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-custom-probe-overview - Basic SKU, Probe down behaviour = All probes down, all TCP flows expire.
upvoted 37 times
Thi
3 years, 8 months ago
agree so answer is yes,yes and no
upvoted 1 times
FrancisFerreira
4 years, 4 months ago
Why you infer VM1 and VM2 are in the same Availability Set? What prevents them from being Single VMs? The first statement is something we can't actually assess with certainty from the info that's given.
upvoted 4 times
FrancisFerreira
4 years, 4 months ago
In fact, you are right. BackEnd pools for Basic SKU LBs require that multiple VMs be in an Availability Set. We can deploy ONE VM that's not in an Availability Set, but not a second one. That's the error I got when trying that: "All of the selected Virtual Machines have to be in one Availability Set or only one Virtual Machine can be selected" Standard SKU LBs do not have that limitation (checked that too), but since the one in the question is a Basic SKU LB, the backend VMs must be in the same Availability Set. Therefore, second statement is TRUE.
upvoted 19 times
Quanster
4 years, 2 months ago
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/skus#skus Basic LoadBalancer SKU supports availability set or scale sets.
upvoted 2 times
DA0410
3 years, 11 months ago
I have one query , is availability set= cluster ? and floating IP is = virtual ip of cluster ?
upvoted 1 times
Ahmedk
4 years, 1 month ago
You can't use load balancer for machines are not on the same availability set
upvoted 2 times
MikeHugeNerd
3 years, 11 months ago
Actually you can load balance to stand alone machines using the Standard Load balancer SKU
upvoted 3 times
LexusNX425
3 years, 3 months ago
A basic LB can not load balance single Vms.
upvoted 3 times
FrancisFerreira
Highly Voted 4 years, 4 months ago
This one may cause some confusion, but "Yes", "Yes", "No" are the correct answers.
upvoted 8 times
devatsii
Most Recent 2 years, 10 months ago
1st answer is wrong. Basic SKU load balancer does not support Availability Zones.
upvoted 1 times
Deyvessh
3 years ago
Yes about option 3, If SKU is basic and probe is down the TCP will expire but SKU is standard then TCP flows continue
upvoted 1 times
chaudha4
3 years, 2 months ago
The answer to first question should be No. I was able to create a "basic" sku load balancer using 2 VMs that are not in any Availability sets. Maybe the basic sku does not allow VMs from two different Availability sets to be added but that does not mean that VMs have to be in the same Availability sets. They might have no Availability sets associated.
upvoted 1 times
chaudha4
3 years, 2 months ago
more accurate statement would be that "Both VMs belong to the same Availability set or do not belong to any availability set"
upvoted 1 times
chaudha4
3 years, 2 months ago
I stand corrected. The VMs must be in same Availability sets. You can add VMs that way I described but when you try to add a rule, it fails with this error -------- { "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ReferencedVMsDontBelongToSameAvailabilitySet", "message": "Not all Virtual Machines vm1,vm2 indirectly referenced by the Load Balancer lb_basic1 belong to the same availability set.", "details": [] } }
upvoted 1 times
vince60370
3 years, 6 months ago
Explanation for the last answer (No is correct) : "If all probes for all instances in a backend pool fail, no new flows will be sent to the backend pool. Standard Load Balancer will permit established TCP flows to continue. Basic Load Balancer will terminate all existing TCP flows to the backend pool. Load Balancer is a pass through service (does not terminate TCP connections) and the flow is always between the client and the VM's guest OS and application. A pool with all probes down will cause a frontend to not respond to TCP connection open attempts (SYN) as there is no healthy backend endpoint to receive the flow and respond with an SYN-ACK." -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-custom-probe-overview#tcp-connections
upvoted 3 times
Kizhakkampat
3 years, 7 months ago
Exam Question 12/23/2020
upvoted 3 times
ariahi
4 years, 1 month ago
I just added VMs that are not part of a scale set or availability set. It worked. Does question A mean that the virtual machines cannot be in different availability sets ?
upvoted 2 times
it115
4 years, 1 month ago
YES YES NO
upvoted 9 times
ariahi
4 years ago
Update - I used a standard LB, not a basic. so my test does not count.
upvoted 2 times
edamana
4 years ago
Basic LB only support VMs in a single availability set or VM scale set.
upvoted 3 times
chaudha4
3 years, 2 months ago
Basic LB only support VMs in a single availability set or VM scale set or VMs that don't belong to any set.
upvoted 1 times
chaudha4
3 years, 2 months ago
Try adding a rule and see what happens. I got this error { "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ReferencedVMsDontBelongToSameAvailabilitySet", "message": "Not all Virtual Machines vm1,vm2 indirectly referenced by the Load Balancer lb_basic1 belong to the same availability set.", "details": [] } }
upvoted 1 times
divtandel
4 years, 1 month ago
Are all the answers correct? No one had answered this yet.
upvoted 1 times
Xtian_ar
3 years, 11 months ago
Yes, is correct. Basic LB only can balance availability sets, so YYN
upvoted 2 times
ahmed812
4 years, 2 months ago
The basic loadbalancer can have only VMs from a VMSS or a single VM. But why are we equating availability set to Scale Set for the first question? VM1/VM2 are in same scale set and not same availability set.
upvoted 1 times
sankaran1
4 years, 2 months ago
you didnt read this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/skus#skus it can support availability support Virtual machines in a single availability set or virtual machine scale set.
upvoted 1 times
akamal
4 years, 2 months ago
i think first one is "no" because availability set will not show the number of VMs within it so these are single VMs
upvoted 1 times
Quanster
4 years, 2 months ago
single vm is *not* supported on Basic LB Review https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/skus#skus
upvoted 1 times
Sjn9
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes, Yes, No
upvoted 2 times
MedRaito
4 years, 3 months ago
For the Basic LB: I just made test so you have two possibilities : 1 : Add one VM 2: Add More than one VM but those VMs should be in the same Availability Set
upvoted 4 times
RoGr
4 years, 4 months ago
Basic vs Standard regarding availibility sets???: The Standard Tier scale up a service out across 3 zones in a single region for a 99.99 percent service level agreement or SLA. The Basic Tier is limited to non-availability zone deployments. https://dynalearntech.com/learning-the-difference-between-basic-and-standard-azure-load-balancers.html
upvoted 2 times
FrancisFerreira
4 years, 4 months ago
That info of yours regards Availability Zones, not Availability Sets.
upvoted 1 times
silversurfer
4 years, 4 months ago
I think a basic lb sku doesnt support availability sets
upvoted 2 times
FrancisFerreira
4 years, 4 months ago
It does. In fact, if we want to have more than one VM load-balanced, they must be in an Availability Set (or Scale Set). In a Standard SKU LB, we can have multiple standalone VMs that are not in an Availability Set, however this setup is not allowed in Basic SKU LBs.
upvoted 8 times
[Removed]
4 years, 3 months ago
it supports VM in a single availability or scale set.
upvoted 1 times
Quanster
4 years, 2 months ago
It does: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/skus#skus
upvoted 1 times
macco455
4 years, 1 month ago
Basic: Virtual machines in a single availability set or virtual machine scale set
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...
ex Want to SAVE BIG on Certification Exam Prep?
close
ex Unlock All Exams with ExamTopics Pro 75% Off
  • arrow Choose From 1000+ Exams
  • arrow Access to 10 Exams per Month
  • arrow PDF Format Available
  • arrow Inline Discussions
  • arrow No Captcha/Robot Checks
Limited Time Offer
Ends in