Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 6 question 20 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 20
Topic #: 6
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure web app named webapp1.
Users report that they often experience HTTP 500 errors when they connect to webapp1.
You need to provide the developers of webapp1 with real-time access to the connection errors. The solution must provide all the connection error details.
What should you do first?

• A. From webapp1, enable Web server logging
  • B. From Azure Monitor, create a workbook
  • C. From Azure Monitor, create a Service Health alert
  • D. From webapp1, turn on Application Logging
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Correct Answer: A Raw HTTP request data is provided by Web server logging and the question mentions 500 error codes. You need to catch connection error. When the connection fails it happens on web server, not within application. You can do it opening the web application -> Application Service logs -> Web server logging (there are multiple switches there). You can also see the errors live going to "Log stream" pane. Web server logging Windows App Service file system or Azure Storage blobs Raw HTTP request data in the W3C extended log file format. Each log message includes data such as the HTTP method, resource URI, client IP, client port, user agent, response code, and so on.
upvoted 118 times
Spooky7
1 year ago
No, 500 error code means "Internal Server Error" and usually is caused by the application itself. So application logging seems right here and will provide more useful information to developers than web server logs
upvoted 4 times
GoldBear
8 months, 2 weeks ago
The error is on the Server, which is the Web Server. This means there is no way to even travel down the path to get to the Application.
upvoted 1 times
GoldBear
8 months, 2 weeks ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/www-administration-management/http-error-500-when-you-visit-web-site
upvoted 2 times
zyta
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
I think A as well. You need to catch connection error. When the connection fails it happens on web server, not within application. You can do it openining the web application >> Application Service logs >> Web server logging (there are multiple switches there) You can also see the errors live going to "Log stream" pane
upvoted 48 times
tableton
Most Recent 1 month ago
I'm beginner in Azure but skilled in middleware administration. In my opinion you have to check application logs as web server logs will indicate only HTTP 500 response (internal server error) , nothing else. Is in the backend application log where you will get more info about the error. So D would be correct
upvoted 1 times
tableton
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Correcting myslef, the interest is connecion errors not application errors. So A
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
1 month, 1 week ago
A is right
upvoted 1 times
KDubb
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is D. There isn't even an option for web server logging in the portal.
upvoted 1 times
KM
7 months, 1 week ago
Correct Anser is: A From webapp1, enable Web server logging
upvoted 1 times
Andreas_Czech
10 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Correct Answer: A https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/troubleshoot-performance-degradation#enable-web-server-diagnostics
upvoted 2 times
RandomNickname
10 months ago
Given answer is correct, see; https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/apps-on-azure-blog/troubleshooting-azure-app-service-apps-using-web-server-logs/ba-p/392329 "Oftentimes, the best way to start troubleshooting a web application is to check the web server logs. Web servers log each request that they process, and by checking the server logs, you can often find out details about why things went wrong. Particularly, you want to pay attention to a couple of different fields in the log file; the HTTP status code and the HTTP sub-status code. In your server logs, these are labeled as sc-status and sc-substatus ."
upvoted 1 times
er101q
1 year, 2 months ago
D. From webapp1, turn on Application Logging. To provide the developers with real-time access to the connection errors, you should first enable Application Logging for the web app. This will enable the logging of detailed information about the application, including any connection errors, to the file system, which the developers can then access to troubleshoot the issue. After Application Logging has been enabled, you may also consider additional monitoring and alerting solutions, such as Azure Monitor or Service Health alerts, to provide ongoing visibility into the health and performance of the web app.
upvoted 4 times
KDubb
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Built a webapp this morning to prove this out.
upvoted 1 times
Muffay
1 year, 3 months ago
I don't like this question. HTTP 500 is an internal server error, not really a connection error. In my world this is mostly caused by the application code, so I would look into the application logs first. But as this question explicitly asks about connection errors, I am just confused.
upvoted 5 times
Muffay
1 year, 3 months ago
Second thought: Application logging here means *Windows Application Logs*. Ok, those do not contain the logging from my custom application code - thus, WebServer logging is correct.
upvoted 2 times
AbleApe
1 year, 2 months ago
Since they're using an Azure Web App those logs are stored on the Web App platform. I don't think they mean Windows application logs here. 500 errors you can find in an IIS application log.
upvoted 2 times
SGKN
1 year, 3 months ago
i think answer should be "D" 'Application Log' How do I check my 500 error in Azure portal? Check logs Open your bot in the Azure portal. Open the App Service Settings / All App service settings page to see all service settings. Open the Monitoring / Diagnostics Logs page for the app service. Ensure that Application Logging (Filesystem) is enabled. ... Switch to the Monitoring / Log Stream page.
upvoted 1 times
Aanandan
1 year, 4 months ago
Answer is D.. Application logging... have checked there is no option like web server logging in the application service..
upvoted 2 times
_fvt
1 year, 3 months ago
Here it is: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/troubleshoot-diagnostic-logs
upvoted 1 times
klexams
1 year, 5 months ago
out of the four options, realtime error details will be: A. From webapp1, enable Web server logging
upvoted 2 times
matejka
1 year, 5 months ago
500 error can be pretty much anything either on a webserver or within the app itself. Webserver logs are good to investigate but definitely does not provide all error logs that are needed. There is no correct answer here, but A + D is the closest.
upvoted 2 times
Raj70
1 year, 6 months ago
Think D is right. HTTP 500 is more of an application error than a web server connectivity error
upvoted 1 times
dc2k79
1 year, 6 months ago
HTTP 500 is a Layer 7 (Application Layer) error. Should be checked at Web Server level.
upvoted 2 times
EmnCours
1 year, 8 months ago
Correct Answer: A
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 10 months ago
Web server logging is correct
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...