Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 12 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 12
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription named Subscription1 and an on-premises deployment of Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
Subscription1 contains a virtual machine named VM1.
You need to ensure that an alert is set in Service Manager when the amount of available memory on VM1 is below 10 percent.
What should you do first?

• A. Create an automation runbook
  • B. Deploy a function app
  • C. Deploy the IT Service Management Connector (ITSM)
  • D. Create a notification
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️
The IT Service Management Connector (ITSMC) allows you to connect Azure and a supported IT Service Management (ITSM) product/service, such as the
Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
With ITSMC, you can create work items in ITSM tool, based on your Azure alerts (metric alerts, Activity Log alerts and Log Analytics alerts).
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/itsmc-overview

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Correct Answer: C IT Service Management Connector (ITSMC) allows you to connect Azure to a supported IT Service Management (ITSM) product or service. Azure services like Azure Log Analytics and Azure Monitor provide tools to detect, analyze, and troubleshoot problems with your Azure and non-Azure resources. But the work items related to an issue typically reside in an ITSM product or service. ITSMC provides a bi-directional connection between Azure and ITSM tools to help you resolve issues faster. ITSMC supports connections with the following ITSM tools: ServiceNow, System Center Service Manager, Provance, Cherwell. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/alerts/itsmc-overview
upvoted 147 times
OmegaGeneral
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
Correct, you can use the connector to bridge them together
upvoted 33 times
tita_tovenaar
2 years, 9 months ago
Agreed. But interesting to reflect why the rest is wrong. A and B are technically possible too, but the question is what to do *first*. In both cases you'd need to create a trigger first (runbooks and function apps don't run by themselves) eg. with a rule and webhook. D is fairly obviously nonsense, that won't do anything to get you to Service Manager.
upvoted 11 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 3 months ago
hi! for a&b as asways ms need the simplest way to go, technically a&b may be implemented
upvoted 2 times
tashakori
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
C is right
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
6 months ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
18c2076
1 month, 1 week ago
Report this guys comments. Scamming / Phishing attempt all over every single one of these questions. Click the flag, submit a report against this account.
upvoted 4 times
Kr1s
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Q was in exam 29th July 2023
upvoted 10 times
Mehedi007
9 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Read first paragraph of the step2 image under 'Install IT Service Management Connector' header. Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/alerts/itsmc-definition#install-it-service-management-connector Passed the exam on 26 July 2023. Scored 870. Exact question came.
upvoted 6 times
kamalpur
9 months ago
This question is explained in below video https://youtu.be/RG6dFaNdUms
upvoted 2 times
jackill
9 months, 3 weeks ago
I agree the correct answer is “C” - “Deploy the IT Service Management Connector (ITSM) “, but the referenced documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/itsmc-overview appears to be not clear enough, because it says “Azure Monitor supports connections with the following ITSM tools: ServiceNow ITSM or IT Operations Management (ITOM), BMC”, so not telling that the IT Service Management Connector (ITSMC) can also connect Azure to the on-premises deployment of Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM). Instead, I’ve found the page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/alerts/itsmc-definition?source=recommendations#install-it-service-management-connector, where the image reported in the second step, shows the description of the ITSMC service which states: “It provides a bidirectional connection between Azure and supported ITSM tools: ServiceNow, * System Center Service Manager *, Provance and Cherwell”. I also checked the description directly from the Azure Portal and it is the same.
upvoted 1 times
raj24051961
10 months ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/alerts/alerts-classic.overview
upvoted 1 times
itguyeu
10 months ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam and answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
Flippiej
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Exact question on yesterday's exam (7 May 2023)
upvoted 2 times
Madbo
1 year ago
C. Create a management solution. To set an alert in Service Manager when the amount of available memory on VM1 is below 10 percent, you need to first create a management solution in Azure Monitor. This solution should include a metric alert rule that monitors the available memory on VM1 and sends an alert to Service Manager when the available memory falls below 10 percent. Once the management solution is created and the alert rule is set, you can configure Service Manager to receive the alert and create a ticket for the issue.
upvoted 3 times
cankayahmet
1 year ago
On exam today
upvoted 2 times
NJTH
1 year ago
Exact question was on todays exam. (7th April 2023)
upvoted 4 times
Gaskonader
1 year ago
On Exam 30/03/2023
upvoted 4 times
shadad
1 year, 1 month ago
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was: C
upvoted 9 times
kklohit
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Option C, "Deploy the IT Service Management Connector (ITSM)", is a valid solution for integrating Azure Monitor with Service Manager to generate incidents based on alerts. The IT Service Management Connector is designed to work with Azure Monitor, allowing you to get insights and take action on alerts raised by Azure resources in Service Manager. Therefore, both options A and C are correct as they both can be used to configure the integration between Azure Monitor and Service Manager. To monitor the available memory on VM1, you would need to install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on the virtual machine first. So option A, "Install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on VM1," would be the first step. After the agent is installed, you can configure the appropriate monitoring rules or alerts in System Center Service Manager or other monitoring solutions.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...