Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 17
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant named contosocloud.onmicrosoft.com.
Your company has a public DNS zone for contoso.com.
You add contoso.com as a custom domain name to Azure AD.
You need to ensure that Azure can verify the domain name.
Which type of DNS record should you create?

• A. MX
  • B. NSEC
  • C. PTR
  • D. RRSIG
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
To verify your custom domain name (example)
1. Sign in to the Azure portal using a Global administrator account for the directory.
2. Select Azure Active Directory, and then select Custom domain names.
3. On the Fabrikam - Custom domain names page, select the custom domain name, Contoso.
4. On the Contoso page, select Verify to make sure your custom domain is properly registered and is valid for Azure AD. Use either the TXT or the MX record type.
Note:
There are several versions of this question in the exam. The question can have two correct answers:
1. MX
2. TXT
The question can also have other incorrect answer options, including the following:
1. SRV
2. NSEC3
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-web-sites-custom-domain

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ms70743
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
TXT and MX are valid answers.
upvoted 96 times
sidharthwader
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
So guys i will try to give an expiation to this question. When you add a custom domain in azure u are not allowed to use that unless u prove its your domain.So once u add the custom domain name azure asks u to verify and you have to provide some inputs to verify that its your these inputs can be provided in TXT or MX. So its MX in this case
upvoted 72 times
e_karma
2 years, 4 months ago
I didn't know mx was there usually it is txt record ..thanks for this
upvoted 7 times
sairaj9396
1 year, 11 months ago
same here. i thought mx is explicitly for mail exchange
upvoted 6 times
Balram7
2 years, 10 months ago
Thank you
upvoted 1 times
Amrinder101
1 year, 4 months ago
Why would you update MX record? Its used for mail servers. The email delivery will stop working if you update MX records. TXT is always used for domain verification.
upvoted 7 times
jackill
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Although the reference provided (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-web-sites-custom-domain) do not mention MX record, my understanding is that both TXT and MX can be used to perform the validation step. The TXT/MX record added is needed only for the verification step (to assure that you are the owner of the domain), after that it can be removed. The similar document for Microsoft 365 clarifies this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-with-domains/create-dns-records-at-any-dns-hosting-provider?view=o365-worldwide#verify-with-an-mx-record It also clarify that you can add this verification MX record with an high priority number to avoid the record to be effectively used to forward emails: “This MX record's Priority must be the highest of all existing MX records for the domain. Otherwise, it can interfere with sending and receiving email. You should delete this records as soon as domain verification is complete.” I suppose that the usage of MX record was introduced due to some restriction on the handling of TXT records by some DNS registrars, but I do not have found direct evidence for this.
upvoted 2 times
JayBee65
2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you - the process is covered here where you can see either TXT or MX can be chosen: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-custom-domain
upvoted 16 times
Lamini
2 years, 5 months ago
Hopefully they update the reference; its not valid. The reference above by JayBee65 is correct as there is no mention of MX in current reference.
upvoted 4 times
Amir1909
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
A is correct
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
5 months, 1 week ago
pass in the first attempt with real questions, contact me [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
FabrityDev
3 months ago
beware of the scammer
upvoted 2 times
mattpaul
5 months, 2 weeks ago
pass in the first attempt with real questions, contact me [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
DWILK
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Why would a Mail Exchange record have to be created? Mail isn't mentioned in the question. This has to be wrong
upvoted 2 times
nmnm22
6 months, 1 week ago
if this list had the Cname record option, would we still need to pick "MX" as an answer? can someone explain why, please?
upvoted 1 times
abrar_jahat
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-with-domains/create-dns-records-at-any-dns-hosting-provider?view=o365-worldwide&redirectSourcePath=%252farticle%252fCreate-DNS-records-for-Office-365-when-you-manage-your-DNS-records-b0f3fdca-8a80-4e8e-9ef3-61e8a2a9ab23%252f
upvoted 1 times
kamalpur
8 months ago
This question is explained in below video https://youtu.be/QWALJaSOmiM
upvoted 3 times
itguyeu
9 months, 1 week ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam and answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
TonySuccess
9 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
Of the available options this is MX (A)
upvoted 1 times
picho707
10 months, 2 weeks ago
WOW, the answer makes no sense. TXT must be listed as an option. It cannot be the answer just because it is on the same Azure portal page as a selection. Ridiculous!.
upvoted 2 times
Madbo
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Option A is correct. When you add a custom domain name to Azure AD, you need to verify that you own the domain by creating a DNS record in your domain's DNS zone that points to Azure AD. In this case, you added contoso.com as a custom domain name to Azure AD, which means you need to create a DNS record in the DNS zone for contoso.com. The type of DNS record that you need to create is a TXT record, which contains a verification code that Azure AD provides. The TXT record should be created in the DNS zone for the domain name you added to Azure AD (in this case, contoso.com), and the value of the TXT record should be set to the verification code provided by Azure AD. Once you create the TXT record, Azure AD can verify that you own the domain name and you can start using it in Azure AD. Therefore, option A is correct as an MX record is used for mail exchange, NSEC and RRSIG records are used for DNSSEC validation, and a PTR record is used for reverse DNS lookups.
upvoted 2 times
shadad
1 year ago
Selected Answer: A
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was : (A) MX
upvoted 7 times
kklohit
1 year, 1 month ago
No, MX record is used to specify the mail server responsible for accepting email messages for the domain, it is not used to verify the domain for Azure AD. The correct answer is TXT record, which is used to verify the ownership of the domain. To verify the domain name in Azure AD, you need to create a DNS TXT record in your public DNS zone for contoso.com. The value of the record should be the domain verification code that you can get from the Azure portal. Therefore, the correct answer is not listed among the options given.
upvoted 2 times
ccemyilmazz
1 year, 2 months ago
Had this question on my Exam 28th Dec '22.
upvoted 4 times
ThePro
1 year, 3 months ago
Had a similar question in my exam today 07 Dec 2022.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...