Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 49 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 49
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You plan to deploy three Azure virtual machines named VM1, VM2, and VM3. The virtual machines will host a web app named App1.
You need to ensure that at least two virtual machines are available if a single Azure datacenter becomes unavailable.
What should you deploy?

• A. all three virtual machines in a single Availability Zone
  • B. all virtual machines in a single Availability Set
  • C. each virtual machine in a separate Availability Zone
  • D. each virtual machine in a separate Availability Set
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️
Use availability zones to protect from datacenter level failures.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/manage-availability https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/tutorial-availability-sets

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
allray15
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
i always get nervous when the discussion count hits 30-50+ . You know something isn't right :D , if its just below 20, then i just skip and continue
upvoted 135 times
sarpay784
2 years, 10 months ago
:D :D :D :D me too
upvoted 2 times
ciscogeek
3 years ago
or, 30+
upvoted 4 times
Izee24
2 years, 8 months ago
Me too.
upvoted 1 times
Tarifa123
1 year, 11 months ago
Same :D
upvoted 2 times
kt_tk_2020
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
C is the correct answer - if you want Datacenter level high availability - vms should be deployed in different zones.
upvoted 101 times
Somewhatbusy
3 years, 3 months ago
Availability set - Within data centre - configure update domains and fault domains Availability zone - Within region (usually three data centres per region)
upvoted 87 times
FitObelix
2 years, 10 months ago
Simply adding that an availability zone can have only one datacenter. That´s why i think it can´t be option A. C option ensures the availability, even if each zone is made of only one datacenter each
upvoted 9 times
kira1kira22
8 months, 4 weeks ago
@FitObelix , I agree , A is wrong because a zone may have only one DC
upvoted 1 times
walexkino
2 years, 11 months ago
your explanation was simple and precise unlike other sprouting nonsense here.
upvoted 13 times
tableton
Most Recent 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: C
Availability Zones protects DC failures Availability Sets protects host update and/or fault
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
1 month, 1 week ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
Tomix
10 months ago
C. Each virtual machine should be deployed in a separate Availability Zone.
upvoted 1 times
GokuSS
1 year ago
C is the correct answer. Availability sets are used to protect applications from hardware failures within an Azure data center, availability zones protect applications from complete Azure data center failures.
upvoted 3 times
NJTH
1 year ago
Exactly the same question was on todays exam. (7th April 2023)
upvoted 6 times
Jamal786
1 year, 5 months ago
ANSWER:C Explanation: An Availability Zone in an Azure region is a combination of a fault domain and an update domain. For example, if you create three or more VMs across three zones in an Azure region, your VMs are effectively distributed across three fault domains and three update domains. The Azure platform recognizes this distribution across update domains to make sure that VMs in different zones are not updated at the same time. Reference link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/configure-virtual-machine-availability/5-review-availability-zones
upvoted 4 times
Asymptote
1 year, 5 months ago
Within each Azure region are 1 to three unique physical locations, referred to as availability zones. as some AZ has only 1 datacenter, C should be more accurate.
upvoted 1 times
61Reasons
1 year, 8 months ago
A is tempting, but remember, according to MSFT an AZ "could" have just ONE data center, and if that failed then no redundancy. So the only option that is 100% sure in all situations is C.
upvoted 3 times
EmnCours
1 year, 8 months ago
Correct Answer: C
upvoted 3 times
klexams
1 year, 9 months ago
Your confusion stops here. Answer is A. This comment jrv116psu below led me to A. jrv116psu 9 months ago Mlantonis ... i completely agree about the AZ AS description.. but AZ's dont have limit of number of available machines do they? it says ensure that at least 2 machines are available... if you ave VM1 in AZ1 vm2 in AZ2, vm3 in AZ3, there's nothing stopping AZ1 and 2 going offline... AZ3 wont autocorrect and spinup new vms... thoughts?
upvoted 2 times
Pravda
1 year, 9 months ago
Key phrase ".... if a single Azure datacenter becomes unavailable." Can't be A, B or D. Go with C
upvoted 3 times
suryamk
1 year, 10 months ago
Answer is C You can think of each availability zone as a separate fault domain and update domain. So in a given azure region if you have 3 availability zones, then it's like you have 3 fault domains and 3 update domains. So, for example, if you create three VMs across three availability zones in an Azure region, your VMs are effectively distributed across three fault domains and three update domains. If one of the Availability Zones has gone down for some reason, we still have 2 VMs from the rest of the 2 availability zones. Similarly, if there is an update or a patch to be applied, azure schedules these at different times for different availability zones. So this means, we have just one of the availability zones affected while the update is being applied. The rest of the 2 zones are unaffected.
upvoted 4 times
BorisBoef
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Placing in three seperate zones does not garantee availability over these zones
upvoted 2 times
GregGG
1 year, 10 months ago
Put all VMs in "one" AZ will not guarantee redundancy.
upvoted 4 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 10 months ago
C for me.. AV zone should be 3 as refers to 3 different Data centers, hence lose one 2 available
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...