Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 51 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 51
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription that contains an Azure virtual machine named VM1. VM1 runs a financial reporting app named App1 that does not support multiple active instances.
At the end of each month, CPU usage for VM1 peaks when App1 runs.
You need to create a scheduled runbook to increase the processor performance of VM1 at the end of each month.
What task should you include in the runbook?

• A. Add the Azure Performance Diagnostics agent to VM1.
  • B. Modify the VM size property of VM1.
  • C. Add VM1 to a scale set.
  • D. Increase the vCPU quota for the subscription.
  • E. Add a Desired State Configuration (DSC) extension to VM1.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/automation-quickstart-dsc-configuration

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
Correct Answer: B Here we need to modify the size of the VM to increase the number of vCPU's assigned to the VM. This can be included as a task in the runbook. The VM size property can be modified by a runbook that is triggered by metrics, but you can schedule it monthly. C: Scheduled vertical scaling could be a solution, but then you don't need a scheduled runbook and it states that it does not support multiple active instances. Scale Set is not a n option. E: DSC is only useful to keep the resources on a VM (OS, File shares, etc.) in a consistent state, not to change VM properties. Reference: https://www.apress.com/us/blog/all-blog-posts/scale-up-azure-vms/15823864#:~:text=If%20you%20select%20the%20option,to%20the%20next%20larger%20size
upvoted 193 times
klasbeatz
1 year, 9 months ago
They only part that confuses me is that I didn't think size was a determining factor when increasing processor capacity / power? Unless this is a different when referring to VM's? I figure the two are un-related
upvoted 2 times
GenjamBhai
1 year, 9 months ago
Agreed. Correct Answer: B Refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9dQ13B2vM
upvoted 4 times
Holydud
1 year, 7 months ago
Was on exam 19 Aug 2022. Scored 870. Around 85% questions were also on ET. Answered B
upvoted 18 times
Theguy97
1 year, 2 months ago
Your comments have no value , you comment on every question and we don't know which one will be on exam or not, please careful you affect other people
upvoted 12 times
Durden871
1 year ago
I appreciate knowing if a question has been literally on the exam recently.
upvoted 6 times
garmatey
11 months, 3 weeks ago
There just isnt a reason to assume a question isnt on the test unless people are saying it isnt...
upvoted 2 times
Batiste2023
5 months ago
Well, do you want people to comment about each particular question that has NOT been on their exam? I... don't.
upvoted 1 times
AK4U
1 year ago
ET moderators modify comments on a regular basis
upvoted 1 times
93d821b
3 months, 3 weeks ago
I"m glad when people do this, because all 570 questions aren't on the exam. Its good to have a date when it was last on there.
upvoted 3 times
fedztedz
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
not correct. Answer is B. Scale up the VM using Automation virtual scale set runbooks which trigger a webhook
upvoted 106 times
ScreamingHand
2 years, 9 months ago
why not create a scale set and scale up?
upvoted 1 times
T____T
2 years, 9 months ago
the question asks about runbook specifically so you have to go with that context
upvoted 7 times
biglebowski
2 years, 9 months ago
Do you think it's a good job to be executed in runbook every month?
upvoted 1 times
T____T
2 years, 9 months ago
you can scale up or down via the run book check the portal.
upvoted 1 times
Sunny11
2 years, 6 months ago
The question says multiple active instances are not supported
upvoted 12 times
alex88andru
2 years, 3 months ago
I don t get it, B. Modify the VM size property of VM1. How is this a runbook? or any relation to your B answer? Thanks
upvoted 4 times
tashakori
Most Recent 2 weeks ago
B is right
upvoted 1 times
devops_devops
2 months, 1 week ago
This question was in exam 15/01/24
upvoted 3 times
SgtDumitru
4 months, 1 week ago
Desired State Configuration (DSC) extension can be used to configure and manage the desired state of a virtual machine (VM) in Azure. DSC allows you to define the configuration of a machine in a declarative way, and it can be used to automate tasks such as adjusting the processor performance.
upvoted 1 times
SgtDumitru
4 months ago
Nevermind. B is corrent, since it's asking a TASK for scheduled runbook, not a separate solution for the VM.
upvoted 1 times
rex3
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Answer B
upvoted 1 times
Savi27
7 months, 4 weeks ago
Correct Answer: C
upvoted 1 times
raj24051961
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Can anyone explain why the Desired State Configuration (DSC) extension to VM1 is selected as answer, because i don't see any relevant information increase the capacity of VM B: is most voted answer, but resizing the VM, we have to stop the VM
upvoted 2 times
raj24051961
9 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Correct answer: C Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets let you create and manage a group of load balanced VMs. The number of VM instances can automatically increase or decrease in response to demand or a defined schedule. Scale sets provide the following key benefits: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/overview
upvoted 1 times
kennie0
5 months, 4 weeks ago
Question says VM does not support multiple active instances. so scale set is ruled out
upvoted 1 times
Tomix
9 months ago
B. Modify the VM size property of VM1. By modifying the VM size, you can choose a higher-tier virtual machine that offers more CPU resources, which can help handle the increased CPU usage during peak times. This allows you to scale up the VM's processing power temporarily to meet the demands of the financial reporting app (App1) at the end of each month.
upvoted 1 times
ZhuBajie5953
1 year, 1 month ago
i think the question is asking after you change the VM size.....how do you ensure after reboot, all the service are running. Hence, DSC come into the picture.
upvoted 2 times
Mo22
1 year, 2 months ago
B. Modify the VM size property of VM1.
upvoted 1 times
raym1980
1 year, 2 months ago
Correct Answer B Came up in exam today 920/1000
upvoted 7 times
rajagopalanr
1 year, 6 months ago
Today (13/04/2022) I Passed exam
upvoted 5 times
F117A_Stealth
1 year, 6 months ago
B. Modify the VM size property of VM1.
upvoted 1 times
libran
1 year, 6 months ago
Correct Answer: B
upvoted 1 times
lebowski
1 year, 6 months ago
It cannot be D: "Desired State Configuration (DSC) is a feature in PowerShell 4.0 and above that helps administrators to automate the configuration of Windows and Linux operating systems (OSes)"
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...