Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 12 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 12
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure Resource Manager template named Template1 that is used to deploy an Azure virtual machine.
Template1 contains the following text:

The variables section in Template1 contains the following text:
"location": "westeurope"
The resources section in Template1 contains the following text:

You need to deploy the virtual machine to the West US location by using Template1.
What should you do?

• A. Modify the location in the resources section to westus
  • B. Select West US during the deployment
  • C. Modify the location in the variables section to westus
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
Correct Answer: A You can change the location in resources. Parameters used to define the value of some variables to be able to use in different places in the template resources. Resources are used only for complicated expressions. In any case, RM will only deploy from resources. In case the value is not mentioned directly, then it will check parameters if it is specified in the resources. Based on this question, the value of location is defined directly in resources. so you change the resources location value. Use location parameter. To allow flexibility when deploying your template, use a parameter to specify the location for resources. Set the default value of the parameter to resourceGroup().location. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/templates/resource-location?tabs=azure-powershell https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/templates/template-syntax#resources
upvoted 104 times
fedztedz
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
Correct Answer A: You can change the location in resources. Parameters used to define the value of some variables to be able to use in different places in the template resources. Resources are used only for complicated expressions. In any case, RM will only deploy from resources. In case the value is not mentioned directly, then it will check parameters if it is specified in the resources. Based on this question, the value of location is defined directly in resources. so you change the resources location value
upvoted 96 times
Amir1909
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
NYTK
8 months, 1 week ago
Came in exams 21/7/2023. Selected A
upvoted 4 times
Juanchooo
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Came in my exam today 17/05/23
upvoted 6 times
JunetGoyal
11 months ago
Exact same Q came in my exam on 30 April2023. I got wrong ticked C
upvoted 2 times
Aluksy
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Correct Answer A, came out in my exam today 08 April 2023.
upvoted 5 times
shadad
1 year ago
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was: A
upvoted 3 times
Ashfaque_9x
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Passed today on 29Jan23 with a score of 970. This question was in the exam.
upvoted 4 times
Bigc0ck
1 year, 2 months ago
on the test, I selected B it was totally wrong lmao...
upvoted 2 times
azaad_a
1 year, 5 months ago
Part of Exam Question
upvoted 5 times
NaoVaz
1 year, 6 months ago
A) "Modify the location in the resources section to westus" The variable is not used on the shown snippet. Seeing that this is a ARM template there will be not possibility to select the region during the deployment.
upvoted 3 times
EmnCours
1 year, 6 months ago
Correct Answer: A
upvoted 2 times
61Reasons
1 year, 7 months ago
I would have thought better to set the location variable to the desired region (and default was not mentioned).
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 9 months ago
A is correct..See others comments
upvoted 1 times
manalshowaei
1 year, 9 months ago
A. Modify the location in the resources section to westu
upvoted 1 times
epomatti
1 year, 11 months ago
Not the best option in the real world but "A" is correct for this question.
upvoted 6 times
Veks
1 year, 11 months ago
Yes, NOT the best option. I would never do that. Continue with using that template if u can fix it in two little steps :). I vote for option Y - change resource file to use variable location and then modify variable location to westus. Correct the mistakes of others and don't continue doing their mistakes on and on and on :).
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...