Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 32 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 32
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have a hybrid deployment of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) that contains the users shown in the following table.

You need to modify the JobTitle and UsageLocation attributes for the users.
For which users can you modify the attributes from Azure AD? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: User1 and User3 only -
You must use Windows Server Active Directory to update the identity, contact info, or job info for users whose source of authority is Windows Server Active
Directory.

Box 2: User1, User2, and User3 -
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-profile-azure-portal

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
Correct Answer: Box 1:User1 and User3 only You must use Windows Server Active Directory to update the identity, contact info, or job info for users whose source of authority is Windows Server Active Directory. Box 2: User1, User2, and User3 Usage location is an Azure property that can only be modified from Azure AD (for all users including Windows Server AD users synced via Azure AD Connect). Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-profile-azure-portal
upvoted 315 times
Mozbius_
2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you for the clarification. I am shocked to see how little I know. I swear after following Microsoft’s course I feel like the goal wasn’t really to prepare me for the exam at all.
upvoted 91 times
NadirM_18
2 years ago
Same here. I know a lot less than I thought I knew apparently. On the positive side, rather find that out now, than when sitting for the exam.
upvoted 13 times
homersimpson
1 year, 9 months ago
You make really good points. I spent 2 entire weekends going thru the MS course and stopped before the last module, I was exhausted. I'm learning a lot more by going thru these questions here.
upvoted 9 times
abhmala1
2 years ago
microsoft's course is shit
upvoted 65 times
Asymptote
1 year, 5 months ago
They are the genius know and good at what they are using, but definitly not good at teaching and misunderstood what is the difference between training and documentary.
upvoted 5 times
CommanderBigMac
1 year, 1 month ago
Microsoft states you need x-amount of job experience before writing the exam to 'validate' your experience. Microsoft exams are not designed to give you a qualification in the traditional sense, but companies still expect is as such.
upvoted 8 times
LovelyGroovey
3 weeks, 6 days ago
The correct answer for modifying the UsageLocation attribute from Azure AD is User1 only. Here’s why: User1: User1 has their attributes sourced directly from Azure AD. Therefore, their UsageLocation attribute can be modified in Azure AD. User2: User2’s attributes are sourced from Windows Server Active Directory. The UsageLocation attribute cannot be modified directly in Azure AD for User2. User3: User3’s attributes are sourced from a Microsoft account. The UsageLocation attribute cannot be modified directly in Azure AD for User3.
upvoted 1 times
zman_83
1 year, 6 months ago
Damn your GOOD!, please keep up your work. The community need you for sure!!!:)
upvoted 18 times
obaali1990
1 year ago
I am having problem understanding what the Box 1 actualy requires. There are AD, Window Server Active Directory and Microsoft Account. How do I link these to the question?
upvoted 1 times
hakanbaba
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
I've checked on my AAD, answer is correct
upvoted 50 times
Somewhatbusy
3 years, 2 months ago
Yes its correct. 100% agreed
upvoted 6 times
Kiano
2 years, 11 months ago
I have also checked but I can see that you can change both job title and usagelacation for all type of identities. even the ones that have been synchronized from on-prem AD. Maybe this is an update since you published your comment, but anayways I think both answers should be User1, 2 and 3.
upvoted 7 times
Kiano
2 years, 10 months ago
The answer is actually right. Although both usagelocation and jobtitle can directly be updated in Azure AD for all type of users, jobtitle can probably be overwritten by the synchronization process, although usagelocation is more an Azure AD type of attribute. But the question is tricky. it asks: "For which users can you modify the attributes from Azure AD? ". Both can b updated directly in Azure AD, although Jobtitle could be overwritten by the sync.
upvoted 9 times
Mozbius_
2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you for the info.
upvoted 1 times
Shnash
1 year, 4 months ago
It also depends on the settings on AD connect (Uni-direction or Bi-Direction) The Job Title Field is disabled (Grayed Out) for the accounts synced through AD Connect from Windows AD Service if AD Connect is configured to sync data from On-Premises AD to Azure AD only then we can't edit it. but for the same account usage location is editable. (Tested in Production Environment).
upvoted 1 times
LovelyGroovey
Most Recent 3 weeks, 6 days ago
This is why I hate AZ-104 questions. Microsoft needs to audit these answers. The correct answers are User1 only for both JobTitle and UsageLocation. For example, The correct answer for modifying the JobTitle attribute from Azure AD is User1 only. This is because User2 and User3 have their attributes sourced from different places: User2 from Windows Server Active Directory and User3 from a Microsoft account. Only User1’s attributes can be directly modified in Azure AD. Therefore, the answer is not User1 and User3 only; it is User1 only.
upvoted 2 times
LovelyGroovey
4 weeks, 1 day ago
Box 2's answer is User2 only. User1 and User3 are guests and cannot modify their UsageLocation attribute from Azure AD. Only User2 is a member with on-premises sync enabled, which allows them to change their UsageLocation attribute from Azure AD. the reference you provided is not correct for this scenario. The reference above explains how to modify the UsageLocation attribute for a user from the Azure portal, but it does not mention anything about the UserType or the On-premises sync status of the user. These factors affect whether you can modify the attribute from Azure AD or not.
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
1 month, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
5 months ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
5 months ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
AZPRAC
5 months, 1 week ago
I cleared my exam on Sunday. This question was in the Exam. Selected the answer in discussion with more up vote. 80% question from ET. Case study was different for me. THANKS ET Team.
upvoted 1 times
Babustest
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I spent two months in on-line courses including Microsoft Az-104 training. Most of the questions I see here are not at all covered in those trainings.
upvoted 3 times
Rams786
6 months, 1 week ago
This question was on my exam on 22 Sep 2023 i scored 900 ! answered Box 1: User1 and User3 only Box2: User1, User2, and User3
upvoted 5 times
Mehedi007
8 months ago
User1 and User3 only User1, User2, and User3 "You must use Windows Server Active Directory to update the identity, contact info, or job info for users whose source of authority is Windows Server Active Directory. After you complete your update, you must wait for the next synchronization cycle to complete before you'll see the changes." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/how-to-manage-user-profile-info#profile-categories
upvoted 2 times
Pakawat
8 months, 4 weeks ago
I just passed, Q was the exam 3 Jul 2023.
upvoted 4 times
bsaksham
1 year ago
I dont know why you guys are vouching for User1 and User3 only, question is asking for For which users can you modify the attributes from Azure AD? and the reason they are giving You must use Windows Server Active Directory, this is not what the question is asking.. i will go with User 1 only
upvoted 4 times
bsaksham
1 year ago
Sorry my bad, answers are correct from ET
upvoted 2 times
Nitestorm
1 year ago
I got a modified form of this question on the March 2023 exam, specifically instead of indicating the "source" in the last column, the chart simply specified that User 2 was synced to on-premises and User 1 and 3 were not.
upvoted 3 times
cankayahmet
1 year ago
so what was the answer?
upvoted 1 times
vbohr899
1 year, 1 month ago
Cleared Exam today 26 Feb, This question was there in exam.
upvoted 3 times
Vivek88
1 year, 1 month ago
On-premises: Accounts synced from Windows Server Active Directory include other values not applicable to Azure AD accounts. Note You must use Windows Server Active Directory to update the identity, contact info, or job info for users whose source of authority is Windows Server Active Directory. After you complete your update, you must wait for the next synchronization cycle to complete before you'll see the changes.
upvoted 1 times
gauravit43
1 year, 1 month ago
Correct Answer. Tested in Lab Box 1: User1 and User3 Box 3 : User1,User2 and User3
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...