Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 70-741 topic 1 question 61 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's 70-741
Question #: 61
Topic #: 1
[All 70-741 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
Your network contains an Active Directory forest named adatum.com. The forest contains a server named Server1. Server1 has the DFS Namespaces role service installed and is configured as shown in the following exhibit.

\\Server1.adatum.com\namespace1 has a folder target named Folder1. A user named User1 has Full Control share and NTFS permissions to Folder1.
Folder1 contains a file named File1.doc. User1 has only Write NTFS permissions to File1.doc.
Use the drop-down menus to select the answer choice that completes each statement based on the information presented in the graphic.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
MrRiver
Highly Voted 4 years, 5 months ago
1.) It's implement Failover clustering. You wand redundancy for the DFS-Namespace, NOT for the shared fodler so DFS replication does not help. Additonal domain controller also won't help because it's a standalone Namespace not domain based. 2.) Answer is not clear but in my opinion: User is able to see file but will be prevented from opening. Why: They give you only the Informations about DFS-Namespace (Access Based Enumeration enabled) But to prevent the user From seeing the file you would need to enable Access based enumeration on the Target Fileshare. tried this in my lab also See: "To control access-based enumeration of files and folders in folder targets, you must enable access-based enumeration on each shared folder by using Share and Storage Management." https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/dfs-namespaces/enable-access-based-enumeration-on-a-namespace
upvoted 16 times
Amy6
4 years, 5 months ago
You're absolutely correct. For the 2) First of all access based enumeration is not enabled at the share level. So, user will be able to see the file but won't be able to open the file.
upvoted 5 times
dritter
Highly Voted 5 years, 1 month ago
DFS Replication doesn't provide redundancy for the namespace. There still is only one root server in DFS Replication. Read here about failover clustering for a standalone DFS: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/dfs-namespaces/dfs-overview "Can be hosted by a failover cluster to increase the availability of the namespace."
upvoted 11 times
Mohamed_Abdo2020
Most Recent 3 years, 2 months ago
So, what is correct answer ?
upvoted 1 times
bakrii
3 years, 2 months ago
install an additional domain able to see&will be open
upvoted 1 times
bakrii
3 years, 2 months ago
but from my discovery and study i wiil met with failoverclustring prevented from seeing i file expoler but will be able to delet
upvoted 2 times
Sakadia
3 years, 2 months ago
Tested it regarding the permissions: When you have full access on the folder you are able to see the file and if you only have write permissions you won't be able to open the File. Cheers So Answer: DFS Failover Clusering and User will be able to see the File but prevented from opening it
upvoted 1 times
lofzee
3 years, 3 months ago
1. Implement Failover Clustering - Why? Because all you have to do is read the Wizard text when setting up DFS NameSpace. It says 'Stand-alone namespace - You can increase the availability of a stand-alone namespace by hosting it on a failover cluster' 2. Can see the file but cannot open it. - because Write permissions do not give read permissions.
upvoted 1 times
jmlbrns45
3 years, 3 months ago
This answer is completely wrong. DFS replication does not provide redundancy for the name space. This can only be done via extra namespace servers or failover clustering. Also, 2nd answer is similar to a question I had on the 740 yesterday and it is the same for a regular file share. If I only have write permissions to said file, that means I can still see the file but I cannot open it.
upvoted 1 times
Beitran
3 years, 4 months ago
Concerning the second question, tested in the lab: if the user has full control of the folder where the file resides, they will be still able to see the file in the folder list but won't be able to open it.
upvoted 2 times
Beitran
3 years, 4 months ago
This is a Standalone DFS namespace -> To make it highly available you need to implement failover clustering. If it was a Domain-Based then coleman's answer would have been the correct one If the question requested how to replicate the folders then DFS Replication would have been the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
Sham
3 years, 5 months ago
user1 has full access permission on the folder1 so he can read the contents of this folder , that's mean he can see the file inside the folder, and because the user has only write permission on the file, he can't read the contents of that file. at the same time we don't have enumeration on the folder1, we have it only on the namespace
upvoted 1 times
Sham
3 years, 5 months ago
we don't have enumeration on the folder1 on the share level
upvoted 1 times
LoneWarrior
3 years, 6 months ago
I think the idea is that you are providing redundancy for the namespace (Replication), but not the DFS service itself.
upvoted 1 times
Kamikazekiller
3 years, 8 months ago
1) Failover clustering. 2) User is able to see file but will be prevented from opening.
upvoted 6 times
promaster
3 years, 8 months ago
In a online virtual training lab, the solution for DSF availability was to make an existing replication server an secondary domain controller. Which also seems to require less administrative effort when considering setting up fail-over clustering.
upvoted 1 times
promaster
3 years, 8 months ago
....Making the secondary domain controller a namespace server.
upvoted 1 times
Henrix
3 years, 10 months ago
1) I believe implementing failover clustering is the correct answer, since the server is stand-alone (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/dfs-namespaces/choose-a-namespace-type#choosing-a-namespace-type). DFS Replication would need ADDS (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/dfs-replication/dfsr-overview), which Server1 seems to be lacking. 2) I believe the second option is correct (able to see... prevented from opening). When I set NTFS Write permission alone on a document in Windows, it's visible, but not permitted to run.
upvoted 5 times
GenjamBhai
3 years, 11 months ago
DFS Namespace HA/Redundancy is different from DFS Replication. If a server (part of a replication group) hosting the share is unavailable, clients can fall back on another member of the replication group. However, if the DFS Namespace server is down then ALL the shares will be unreachable. You can have more than one namespace server or it can be hosted by a failover cluster to increase the availability of the namespace. Lastly, client/user can see content with list content/read/write access. Write access does NOT grant read access. So user can see but cannot read/open file.
upvoted 2 times
khalid86
3 years, 11 months ago
Failover clustering. User is able to see file but will be prevented from opening. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/dfs-namespaces/enable-access-based-enumeration-on-a-namespace
upvoted 2 times
darkknight
3 years, 12 months ago
Failover is correct since its a stand-alone setup I really think you can see the file since you have full access to the folder but cannot save back to the folder after editing
upvoted 1 times
freefree
4 years ago
Basic Permissions: Write will allow user to see the test file, but not open it. you will get the following error message: "\\DFSNAME\folder\test.txt you do not have permissions to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permissions" that what i got.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...