Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-500 topic 4 question 42 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-500
Question #: 42
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-500 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription named Subscription1 that contains the resources shown in the following table.

You need to identify which initiatives and policies you can add to Subscription1 by using Azure Security Center.
What should you identify?

• A. Policy1 and Policy2 only
  • B. Initiative1 only
  • C. Initiative1 and Initiative2 only
  • D. Initiative1, Initiative2, Policy1, and Policy2
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/custom-security-policies

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
D999999
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
the correct answer should be " C. Initiative1 and Initiative2 only " as ASC does not support the integration of policies as is, just initiatives (which is a set of policies)
upvoted 37 times
jonav94
3 years ago
I agree with this answer. From the link it says that "you can add your own custom initiatives" but in no one place it says that can add custom policy outside an initiative. And based on the options that the Security Policy inside ASC give us, and the answers given, the best one seems to be "Initiative1 and Initiative2 only"
upvoted 7 times
vj77
2 years, 8 months ago
the question is not asking for a custom policy, the given answer is correct, you can create a policy or a custom initiative - both using the ASC. Verified in the lab
upvoted 4 times
zeesti
2 years, 5 months ago
please don't confuse yourself, if you look closely it is allowing you to add policies to your initiative, then it is the initiative (collection of policies) that you can add to your subscription.
upvoted 7 times
workguan
2 years, 7 months ago
D is correct. You can add custom policies already created. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/custom-security-policies?pivots=azure-portal In the Add custom initiatives page, review the list of custom policies already created in your organization. If you see one you want to assign to your subscription, click Add.
upvoted 5 times
vijeet
3 years ago
D is correct: An assignment is a policy definition or initiative that has been assigned to take place within a specific scope. This scope could range from a management group to an individual resource. The term scope refers to all the resources, resource groups, subscriptions, or management groups that the definition is assigned to. Assignments are inherited by all child resources. This design means that a definition applied to a resource group is also applied to resources in that resource group. However, you can exclude a subscope from the assignment.
upvoted 10 times
Cyberbug2021
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Initiative is a set of policy definitions, it could have just one policy definition ASC > Security Policy > Add custom initiatives that is the only way to add custom policy or initiative to your subscription. I would have to go with D as well
upvoted 13 times
Alagong
Most Recent 1 week, 2 days ago
F - Tested in Lab
upvoted 1 times
hfk2020
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Confirmed in the lab created an initiative in Azure Policy and was able to see that under the security policies standard, the custom policy I created is nowhere to be seen even if I click create a custom standard I could only see the buitin policies
upvoted 1 times
hfk2020
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Its initiative 1 and 2 only C
upvoted 3 times
ManiMessner
5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I think it should be C The required step to add a custom recomendation you need to create an Azure Policy and (as second step) a policy initiative https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/defender-for-cloud/custom-security-policies?pivots=azure-portal#create-a-custom-recommendation
upvoted 2 times
rosef
5 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
I don't know how they got the informationas ASC doesn't support policies but it is : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/25743/what-is-a-security-policy-in-azure-security-center
upvoted 1 times
wardy1983
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Answer: C Explanation: Initiative1 and Initiative2 only " as ASC does not support the integration of policies as is, just initiatives (which is a set of policies)
upvoted 2 times
ESAJRR
7 months, 1 week ago
D. Initiative1, Initiative2, Policy1, and Policy2
upvoted 1 times
BigShot0
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Defender for Cloud > Create custom Azure security initiatives and policies https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/defender-for-cloud/custom-security-policies?pivots=azure-portal
upvoted 1 times
alfaAzure
8 months ago
To identify which initiatives and policies you can add to Subscription1 using Azure Security Center, you need to consider that initiatives are a higher-level grouping of policies that are designed to achieve specific security goals. You can apply initiatives to your subscription, and these initiatives are composed of individual policies. Let's analyze the options: Policy1 and Policy2 only: Initiatives are not mentioned in this option. Only individual policies are mentioned, so this option is not correct. Initiative1 only: Initiative1 is mentioned, but Initiative2 is not mentioned. You should consider both initiatives for completeness. Initiative1 and Initiative2 only: This option mentions both initiatives, which is correct. Initiative1, Initiative2, Policy1, and Policy2: This option includes all initiatives and policies, which is correct. Based on the above analysis, the correct answer is: D. Initiative1, Initiative2, Policy1, and Policy2
upvoted 4 times
_fvt
8 months, 4 weeks ago
On defender for cloud, in a security policy (it's like a defender for cloud "setting"/option on a management group, or a subscription, where you can): - Assign policies directly to the default initiative - Create and Assign Custom initiative, containing multiple policies. So I would go with answer D.
upvoted 2 times
heatfan900
9 months ago
https://blog.johnjoyner.net/azure-policy-initiatives-for-microsoft-defender-for-cloud-and-microsoft-sentinel-workload-protections/
upvoted 1 times
Alexbz
10 months, 1 week ago
D- Tested in Lab.
upvoted 1 times
Yesvanth1
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Tested in Lab. Answer is correct. You can create custom initiatives and custom policies with category of "security center" or "my custom category". Later from defender for cloud, you can select existing custom initiatives with any category, and then you can create a new custom initiative with the already created custom policies with both categories.
upvoted 1 times
ServerBrain
1 year ago
The question is "identify which initiatives and policies ", so I would take an answer with both initiatives and policies
upvoted 1 times
majstor86
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C. Initiative1 and Initiative2 only
upvoted 4 times
CeliaZhou
1 year, 4 months ago
I would go with D:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/governance/policy/overview#assignments It says: "An assignment is a policy definition or initiative that has been assigned to a specific scope. This scope could range from a management group to an individual resource. The term scope refers to all the resources, resource groups, subscriptions, or management groups that the definition is assigned to. "
upvoted 2 times
chikorita
1 year, 2 months ago
agreed gurl, but the question states "by using ASC", using ASC you can only add Custom initiatives
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...