Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-400 topic 1 question 2 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-400
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All PL-400 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You work for a staffing company that helps employees fill temporary jobs. Available temporary jobs are categorized and listed on a secure area of the company's website.
The company wants to eliminate manual work that relates to job and candidate management. The company plans to invite employers with available jobs and job candidates to view jobs by sending personalized invitations. The company identifies the following requirements:
✑ Human resources team members from the staffing company must be able to access the jobs listing and post available positions.
✑ Employers seeking temporary employees must also be able to access the jobs listing and post available positions.
✑ Approved job candidates must be notified about new positions for which they are qualified.
✑ Approved job candidate must have an option to accept a job assignment directly from a notification.
You need to perform a gap analysis against the features and capabilities of the Power Platform.
Which features should you implement? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Custom self-service portal for both employers and job candidates
If you select an environment that contains customer engagement, you can create the following portals:
✑ Customer self-service portal: A customer self-service portal enables customers to access self-service knowledge, support resources, view the progress of their cases, and provide feedback.
✑ Partner portal: A partner portal allows every organization with resellers, distributors, suppliers, or partners to have real-time access to every stage of shared activities.
✑ Employee self-service portal: An employee self-service portal creates an efficient and well-informed workforce by streamlining common tasks and empowering every employee with a definitive source of knowledge.
Box 2: Model-driven app with push notifications
Compared to canvas apps, model-driven apps in PowerApps are based on underlying data ג€" specifically, the data stored in Common Data Service (CDS).
Box 3: Webform with target set to the job custom entity
Box 4: Configure a value for the Execute Workflow on Redeeming Contact option only.
Execute Workflow on Redeeming Contact: A workflow process to be executed when the invite is redeemed. The workflow will be passed the redeeming contact as the primary entity.
Box 5: Configure the value for the Assigned to Account option only.
Assign to Account: An account record to be associated as the redeeming contact's parent customer when the invite is redeemed.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/portal-templates https://global.hitachi-solutions.com/blog/canvas-vs-model-driven-apps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/invite-contacts#invitation-attributes

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
KAL18
Highly Voted 2 years, 5 months ago
My best guess: 1. Portal from blank Job is a custom entity. While customer self-service portal enables customers to work with knowledge base, support cases, feedbacks etc. 2. Model-driven app with push notifications Seems the best available choice 3. Web page defined on the job custom entity Web page seems a good fit. Other options provided will configure input forms only. 4. Leave both ... empty 5. Configure Assigned to Account and Execute Workflow Approved job candidate must have an option to accept a job assignment directly from a notification. Approved job candidates must be notified about new positions for which they are qualified.
upvoted 11 times
ppguru
2 years, 3 months ago
1. So what? A custom self-service portal still allows Customization and Extensibility. 3. Employers need to post available positions and access job listings, meaning they need to post / fill in something.
upvoted 2 times
ppguru
2 years, 3 months ago
@KAL18 your answers are wrong. Answer given above are correct.
upvoted 5 times
AlaCh
9 months, 4 weeks ago
For 3 it is entity form because we can find the lookup entity only in entity form
upvoted 2 times
jkaur
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
Custom Self-service portal for both employers and employees. Model-Driven App with push notifications. Web page defined on the job custom entity Configure a value for the executing workflow on redeeming contact option only. Configure a value for the Assigned to Account option only.
upvoted 5 times
4e8b388
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
I think the given answers are all correct.
upvoted 1 times
jkaur
1 year, 1 month ago
The given answer should be correct.
upvoted 2 times
kotaro05
1 year, 3 months ago
So i think the correct is: 1. Custom self service for both 2. Model driven 3. Web page 4. Leave both 5. Configure Assigned to Account Let me know if anything is wrong
upvoted 2 times
sunnysaru92
1 year, 2 months ago
you should explain why it is wrong instead of just blindly giving your answers, it just causes more confusion for others. thanks.
upvoted 15 times
Muzera
1 year, 9 months ago
My guess: Portal from blank for both, and others is correct for me
upvoted 1 times
ClairFraser
1 year, 11 months ago
2 - I think that app that lists available positions must be a canvas app - this app is intended for external users, so it is not recommended for it to be model-driven - I would never have allowed it anyway
upvoted 3 times
Muzera
1 year, 9 months ago
Push notifications is only available in model driven apps
upvoted 5 times
MelMac
6 months, 1 week ago
Canvas Apps allow push notifications - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/mobile/power-apps-mobile-notification [this might be a new feature since the question was originally written and responded to]
upvoted 1 times
MarlyB
2 years, 4 months ago
In exam 17/12
upvoted 1 times
fihemal249
2 years, 5 months ago
I dont understand the reasoning for q4 and q5. Are they correct at all?
upvoted 1 times
kvinal
2 years, 10 months ago
I am unsure of the answer for 1, the rest I think makes sense.
upvoted 1 times
Caloy
2 years, 11 months ago
Why is it model driven apps? I believe it is a portal apps
upvoted 4 times
fihemal249
2 years, 5 months ago
I think this is because the push notifications must come from a model driven app: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/mobile/power-apps-mobile-notification https://www.inogic.com/blog/2021/02/push-notifications-for-dynamics-365-apps-and-canvas-apps-power-apps/. I dont see portal apps in the IOS power apps app to use for push notifications.
upvoted 4 times
ppguru
2 years, 3 months ago
Portal apps is not a thing.
upvoted 2 times
Puneet80
3 years, 1 month ago
I am not sure about what type of portal to choose for the first option, Rest is correct.
upvoted 4 times
Puneet80
3 years, 1 month ago
I am note sure about what type of portal to choose for the first option, Rest are correct.
upvoted 2 times
FDC
3 years, 1 month ago
Can anyone confirm the answers 1,3,5 are corrects ?
upvoted 2 times
Puneet80
3 years, 1 month ago
Answer for 3 is Entity Form defined on Job Entity because you don't define Web Page on Entity level it is portal configuration, Web form doesn't have Entity to target and Webstep has entity form targeted but its overkill when Entity form can satisfy the requirement.
upvoted 7 times
rrodriguez
2 years, 10 months ago
"Employers seeking temporary employees must also be able to access the jobs listing and post available positions." A web page is the best option since they must access a LIST of jobs, a web form only expresses a dataverse form to be filled out. the web page you can set the ENTITY LIST.
upvoted 9 times
luvasgloves
2 years, 7 months ago
i think 3 is web page as well
upvoted 4 times
fihemal249
2 years, 5 months ago
Web page on entity seems right to me here as well
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...