Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 41 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 41
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
You have an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant that has the contoso.onmicrosoft.com domain name.
You have a domain name of contoso.com registered at a third-party registrar.
You need to ensure that you can create Azure AD users that have names containing a suffix of @contoso.com.
Which three actions should you perform in sequence? To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
1. Add the custom domain name to your directory
2. Add a DNS entry for the domain name at the domain name registrar
3. Verify the custom domain name in Azure AD
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-web-sites-custom-domain

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mumu_myk
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
I bought a domain just to test this. The answer is correct. Please like me.
upvoted 1296 times
homersimpson
2 years ago
Is your new domain iboughtthisdomainjusttotestaquestiononmsaz0194.com? Because I tried to get that too but saw it was taken ;)
upvoted 48 times
Balvosko
1 year, 2 months ago
You are Hero
upvoted 10 times
DrMiyu
2 years, 1 month ago
Kiss Kiss Kiss <3
upvoted 4 times
Gresch123123
2 years, 2 months ago
love you
upvoted 12 times
fene
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
As I'm a smart guy I can confirm this to be the proper answer
upvoted 159 times
CBIBEK
3 years ago
Source: Dude trust me
upvoted 110 times
Gorl12
2 years, 10 months ago
Lol ;)
upvoted 2 times
Adarsh30198
6 months ago
jaa na laude
upvoted 3 times
xheo
2 years, 4 months ago
I like your confidence :)
upvoted 5 times
maki999
6 months, 2 weeks ago
me too :)
upvoted 2 times
rolling_potato_
2 years, 4 months ago
Seems legit
upvoted 21 times
23169fd
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Add a custom name: Register the contoso.com domain in your Azure AD tenant. Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone: Add the necessary DNS records at the domain registrar to verify the domain. Verify the domain: Complete the verification process in Azure AD to confirm ownership of the contoso.com domain.
upvoted 4 times
MCLC2021
2 months, 3 weeks ago
1- Create an Azure DNS Zone. 2- Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone. 3- Verify the domani. Tutorial: Host your domain in Azure DNS (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns) https://learn.microsoft.com/es-es/training/modules/configure-azure-dns/
upvoted 4 times
tashakori
4 months, 1 week ago
Given answer is correct
upvoted 1 times
897dd59
10 months ago
The answer is correct. but as we are all known. It's MS, learning doc vs documentation vs exam are all different. nothing in common. About the exam alone. my experiences with the drag/drop is about to read the question carefully. Some of them require something like: bla..blah ... Make sure the steps are in correct order => then should care about the steps we drag/drop to correct with what we will do in the real envi
upvoted 3 times
Rams786
10 months, 1 week ago
This question was on my exam on 22 Sep 2023. scored 900
upvoted 9 times
18c2076
4 months, 2 weeks ago
No it wasn't, and no you didn't.
upvoted 2 times
USNOOZEYULOSEY
1 year ago
For some CSI, it would be nice if the "custom name" was updated to "add custom domain name" for brevity.
upvoted 2 times
sardonique
10 months, 2 weeks ago
It was purposefully called custom name to trick you into chosing "Create an Azure DNS Zone"
upvoted 2 times
Navigati0n
1 year ago
Here are the steps we need to perform in sequence: >> Add a custom name: add a custom domain name to Azure AD from the "Custom domain names" page in the Azure portal. When we add a custom domain name, Azure AD gives us the information we need to create DNS records at the domain name registrar. >> Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone: we need to add a DNS record at our domain name registrar to verify that we own the domain. This record is typically a TXT or MX record for domain verification. >> Verify the domain: After we've added the DNS record at the domain name registrar, then we can go back to the Azure portal to verify the domain. Azure AD checks if the DNS record exists and if it does, the domain is verified.
upvoted 21 times
lolek997
1 year, 2 months ago
1. Add the custom domain name to your directory: In the Azure portal, navigate to the Azure Active Directory blade. Select "Custom domain names" and click on the "+ Add custom domain" button. Enter the domain name "contoso.com" and follow the prompts to add the domain. 2. Add a DNS entry for the domain name at the domain name registrar: Sign in to the domain name registrar where you registered the domain name (e.g., the third-party registrar for contoso.com). Add a DNS entry for the custom domain, such as a CNAME or TXT record, as instructed by Azure AD. This step verifies your ownership of the domain. 3. Verify the custom domain name in Azure AD: In the Azure portal, go back to the Azure Active Directory blade and select "Custom domain names." Select the custom domain name (e.g., contoso.com) and click on the "Verify" button. Azure AD will check the DNS records to ensure they match, and once verified, the domain will be marked as verified.
upvoted 16 times
binhdortmund
11 months, 4 weeks ago
very clear for me! LIKE
upvoted 1 times
etanvandan7
1 year, 2 months ago
Since a custom domain has already been creted and registered at third party, next should be 1. Verify the domain 2. Create an Azure DNS zone 3. Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone
upvoted 1 times
sharmaurs
1 year, 5 months ago
Is reading the questions from dumps from examTopics without paid subscription enough to pass the exam (though I read all the topics from Udmey) ?
upvoted 5 times
gauravit43
1 year, 5 months ago
Given answer is correct -: 1 - add an entry in "custom domain names" (You will see TXT and MX column, make a note of it) 2 - Go to public domain provider (let say godaddy.com) and make 2 entries there (TXT and MX) 3- Verify on the Azure portal
upvoted 4 times
rupayan87
1 year, 8 months ago
options seems terrible here 1 add a custom name - should be domain name 2. add a record to public DNS zone - we only add the MX/TXT record at the third party site as long as the name servers are third party managed. 3. verify the domain - this seems redundant. adding the MX record to third party registrar site is what Azure needs to verify the domain.
upvoted 13 times
matejka
1 year, 9 months ago
Both first two options can be swapped without any issues. So the answer is unclear. But as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-custom-domain#add-your-custom-domain-name-to-azure-ad it is a good idea to provide this answer at the exam: Add a custom name Add a record to the DNS zone Verify the domain
upvoted 2 times
NaoVaz
1 year, 10 months ago
1) "Add a custom domain" 2) "Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone" 3) "Verify the domain" Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-custom-domain#add-your-custom-domain-name-to-azure-ad
upvoted 6 times
EmnCours
1 year, 11 months ago
Answer is correct Add a custom name Add a record to the public contoso.com DNS zone Verify the domain
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...
ex Want to SAVE BIG on Certification Exam Prep?
close
ex Unlock All Exams with ExamTopics Pro 75% Off
  • arrow Choose From 1000+ Exams
  • arrow Access to 10 Exams per Month
  • arrow PDF Format Available
  • arrow Inline Discussions
  • arrow No Captcha/Robot Checks
Limited Time Offer
Ends in