Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-400 topic 1 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-400
Question #: 1
Topic #: 1
[All PL-400 Questions]

A company manages capital equipment for an electric utility company. The company has a SQL Server database that contains maintenance records for the equipment.
Technicians who service the equipment use the Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app on tablet devices to view scheduled assignments. Technicians use a canvas app to display the maintenance history for each piece of equipment and update the history.
Managers use a Power BI dashboard that displays Dynamics 365 Field Service and real-time maintenance data.
Due to increasing demand, managers must be able to work in the field as technicians.
You need to design a solution that allows the managers to work from one single screen.
What should you do?

• A. Add the maintenance history app to the Field Service Mobile app.
  • B. Add the manager Power BI dashboard to the Field Service mobile app.
  • C. Create a new maintenance canvas app from within the Power BI management dashboard.
  • D. Add the maintenance history app to the Power BI dashboard.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Power BI enables data insights and better decision-making, while Power Apps enables everyone to build and use apps that connect to business data. Using the
Power Apps visual, you can pass context-aware data to a canvas app, which updates in real time as you make changes to your report. Now, your app users can derive business insights and take actions from right within their Power BI reports and dashboards.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
SPLegend
Highly Voted 2 years, 2 months ago
"Due to increasing demand, managers must be able to work in the field as technicians." This statement clearly says the managers need to work the same way the technicians do, assuming they would in that situation use a tablet like the technicians and would need to follow similar processes/experience I would have thought it would be more logical to add the manager PowerBi to the field service app but restrict the visibility to the managers role. That way they can work the same as a technician would when they need to perform that role, but still have access to the manager reports when needed. More config to do than the other way around but makes more sense to me to have a unified setup - just me?
upvoted 14 times
Maglev
1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah, with D then have to lug a laptop around or awkwardly use the app in the dashboard on a mobile device.
upvoted 1 times
4e8b388
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
Selected Answer: B
I think it is option B, because option D doesn't fully address the need for a single-screen solution.
upvoted 1 times
bekaki
1 month ago
Planning for PL-400 wanted to set out on a journey into the profundities of Microsoft security and consistence.https://shorturl.at/wGKV6
upvoted 1 times
ziggy1117
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
Managers use a Power BI dashboard that displays Dynamics 365 Field Service and real-time maintenance data. Based on this info, Managers have the D365 Field Service scheduling assignments and the SQL Server database maintenance records already. But they do not have the maintenance history. So adding the maintenance history in the Dashboard would meet the requirement.
upvoted 2 times
QueenOfError
10 months, 4 weeks ago
Based on the given scenario, the correct option would be: B. Add the manager Power BI dashboard to the Field Service mobile app. This option allows managers to work from one single screen by adding the Power BI dashboard, which displays Dynamics 365 Field Service and real-time maintenance data, to the Field Service mobile app. By incorporating the Power BI dashboard into the mobile app, managers can access all the necessary information and perform their tasks without switching between different applications. This integration provides a centralized and efficient solution for managers working in the field.
upvoted 2 times
SandeshSandy1
11 months, 4 weeks ago
chatgpt response is option B.
upvoted 2 times
oleav
1 year ago
Vote for D https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-powerapp
upvoted 2 times
jkaur
1 year, 1 month ago
D should be the answer.
upvoted 1 times
gverstrepen
1 year, 6 months ago
That would depend on wether the datasource supports DirectQuery, no ? (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual) Following limitations apply when using the PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function: ... You must use a source that supports DirectQuery and the data connection must be created using DirectQuery method. and according to "https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources" Dynamics 365 Field Services is not listed (as far as I can tell) as a datasource the supports DirectQuery. So this question is seriously open for interpretation in my opinion. Personnaly I would go for answer "B" in this case, since it seems less constricted by technical requirements
upvoted 1 times
gverstrepen
1 year, 6 months ago
OK, scratch that, should read the question better... PowerBI indeed already has Field Services data. But what about the "PowerBIIntegration.Refresh()" ? According to the documentation this only works if you create a NEW app... Is it necessary to have most up-to-date data in the app ?
upvoted 1 times
dcg85
1 year, 7 months ago
i was thinking B, but is true .. is D, more ease, and less job, put low job in a interface of an upper job than put the upper job in a low interface and configure security
upvoted 2 times
Muzera
1 year, 9 months ago
My guess: D
upvoted 1 times
Ievoote
2 years, 1 month ago
In exam 02/08
upvoted 1 times
RubenHd
2 years, 1 month ago
Correct D
upvoted 3 times
ansrikanth1
2 years, 2 months ago
The PowerBI Dashboard already has the Field service + realtime maintenance info. the only thing left is, the history. So add the history to dashboard and they will have everything required to do the job. I think "D" should be correct
upvoted 4 times
cpen210
1 year, 10 months ago
I think it should be B. Technician need to "update" the history.
upvoted 1 times
Muzera
2 years, 3 months ago
Correct D
upvoted 1 times
fihemal249
2 years, 5 months ago
Why not answer B? Embed the manager's BI report to the model driven app the technicians are using? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/add-powerbi-visual
upvoted 4 times
ZeroTalent
2 years, 5 months ago
Because this would allow the technicians to see the manager's Power BI dashboard, it would confuse the design and purpose of the model driven app, and the managers would have to change from using the Report to using the App. It's more appropriate to include the technician's App within the manager's Report so that the managers don't have to change the solution they are currently using and the technicians don't see information unnecessarily.
upvoted 10 times
Bukhari
2 years, 6 months ago
Dumps Answer is correct Add the maintenance history app to the Power BI dashboard.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...