Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 43 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 43
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have a registered DNS domain named contoso.com.
You create a public Azure DNS zone named contoso.com.
You need to ensure that records created in the contoso.com zone are resolvable from the internet.
What should you do?

• A. Create NS records in contoso.com.
  • B. Modify the SOA record in the DNS domain registrar.
  • C. Create the SOA record in contoso.com.
  • D. Modify the NS records in the DNS domain registrar.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Eltooth
Highly Voted 2 years, 6 months ago
Correct answer - D. Registrar “owns” the tld and will have their NS registered against the domain by default. By changing the registrar NS records to point to your Azure DNS NS records you take ownership into your Azure DNS.
upvoted 51 times
garmatey
10 months, 1 week ago
what is tld?
upvoted 3 times
Nana1990
10 months, 1 week ago
Top level Domain
upvoted 6 times
js_indore
Highly Voted 2 years, 6 months ago
D. Modify the NS records in the DNS domain registrar.
upvoted 18 times
tashakori
Most Recent 3 weeks, 5 days ago
D is right
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
1 month ago
D is right
upvoted 1 times
devops_devops
3 months ago
This question was in exam 15/01/24
upvoted 4 times
Lowe6
3 months, 1 week ago
also in the question they ask for u to ensure the records already created so A and C becomes wrong immediately
upvoted 2 times
mattpaul
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
CarlosMarin
7 months, 2 weeks ago
This question was in my exam on 31/08/2023.
upvoted 7 times
Athul07
10 months, 2 weeks ago
D. Modify the NS records in the DNS domain registrar. To ensure that records created in the contoso.com zone are resolvable from the internet, you need to modify the NS (Name Server) records in the DNS domain registrar. When you create a public Azure DNS zone named contoso.com, Azure assigns a set of NS records for that zone. These NS records specify the name servers responsible for handling DNS queries for the contoso.com domain. To make the records in the Azure DNS zone resolvable from the internet, you need to update the NS records at the DNS domain registrar to point to the name servers provided by Azure.
upvoted 5 times
djgodzilla
1 year ago
Selected Answer: D
watch this video to understand really what an NS record is !👇 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyDQhlRDad8&t=2s
upvoted 12 times
shadad
1 year, 1 month ago
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was: D
upvoted 12 times
Mazinger
1 year, 1 month ago
D. Modify the NS records in the DNS domain registrar. To ensure that records created in the Azure DNS zone named contoso.com are resolvable from the internet, you need to delegate the domain to the Azure DNS name servers. To do this, you need to modify the NS (Name Server) records at the DNS domain registrar for contoso.com to point to the Azure DNS name servers. This will allow the authoritative DNS server for contoso.com to be hosted in Azure and answer queries for the contoso.com zone. Option A is not the correct answer, because creating NS records in the contoso.com zone will not delegate the domain to the Azure DNS name servers. Option B is also not the correct answer, because modifying the SOA (Start of Authority) record in the DNS domain registrar will not delegate the domain to the Azure DNS name servers either. Option C is also not necessary, because Azure DNS automatically creates an SOA record for each zone, and it cannot be modified.
upvoted 8 times
Bigc0ck
1 year, 3 months ago
Not seeing DNS questions in the 2 tests I took
upvoted 5 times
Marge_Simpson
1 year, 2 months ago
Neither have I
upvoted 2 times
NaoVaz
1 year, 7 months ago
D) "Modify the NS records in the DNS domain registrar." Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns#delegate-the-domain
upvoted 5 times
petestudies
1 year, 7 months ago
this is pretty easy, D
upvoted 2 times
EmnCours
1 year, 7 months ago
Answer is D Delegate the domain Once the DNS zone gets created and you have the name servers, you'll need to update the parent domain with the Azure DNS name servers. Each registrar has its own DNS management tools to change the name server records for a domain. In the registrar's DNS management page, edit the NS records and replace the NS records with the Azure DNS name servers. When you delegate a domain to Azure DNS, you must use the name servers that Azure DNS provides. Use all four name servers, regardless of the name of your domain. Domain delegation doesn't require a name server to use the same top-level domain as your domain. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns
upvoted 10 times
WS_21
2 years, 1 month ago
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...