Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 5 question 91 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 91
Topic #: 5
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription that contains two virtual machines named VM1 and VM2.
You create an Azure load balancer.
You plan to create a load balancing rule that will load balance HTTPS traffic between VM1 and VM2.
Which two additional load balancer resources should you create before you can create the load balancing rule? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

• A. a frontend IP address
  • B. an inbound NAT rule
  • C. a virtual network
  • D. a backend pool
  • E. a health probe
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: DE 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/components

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
tp42
Highly Voted 2 years ago
Selected Answer: DE
D and E. You can't create a LB without FrontEnd IP, so if we have a LB we also have a FrontEnd IP already. You can however create a LB without a backend pool and without any rules. If you want to add a rule to your LB later you have to create a backend pool and health probe first. Those are mandatory properties for a rule. I also tested it in my lab to be sure.
upvoted 67 times
Jayz5436
1 year, 12 months ago
Tried in my lab as well this is correct. You need a frontend ip to create an empty load balancer which in this case the question says that it's created. adding a load balancing rule requires you to specify backend pool and health probe
upvoted 6 times
Mev4953
1 year, 7 months ago
Yes, you`re right. It says LB is created already og ask about LB rule. To get created the LB requires frontend IP must first be created , which is not issue in this case
upvoted 1 times
sawanti
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Do you guys can't read? Where is it stated "it's created"???? It says "YOU CREATE" meaning you are in the process of creating that. There is a difference between create and created, so correct answer is A and D - Frontend IP is necessary and Backend pool (as we wan't to load balance VMs) is also necessary. Those are the steps before load balancing rules
upvoted 1 times
Batiste2023
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Well, you never know with how these questions are worded - but your line of thought doesn't convince me. There are three points in time mentioned: - past: subscription and VMs - present: load balancer - future plans: what the question is about In order not to blur past and present, it says "you create" - and that implies that you're already done doing that. Otherwise, in fully correct English, you would have to say "you are creating". I say the answers as given are correct.
upvoted 2 times
kennynelcon
Highly Voted 1 year, 12 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
Answer ; A and D Select; Frontend IP When done with configuration steps. Select Next: Backend pools https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/quickstart-load-balancer-standard-public-portal
upvoted 9 times
tashakori
Most Recent 1 month ago
D and E
upvoted 1 times
belyo
2 months, 2 weeks ago
whenever you create a LB, At least 1 frontend IP needs to be added for creating a Load Balancer its a error/warning so you cannot skip it unlike the rest parameters. frontend ip & backend pool
upvoted 1 times
belyo
2 months, 2 weeks ago
taking it back, its says LB is created, so you need a backend pool & probes ...
upvoted 1 times
EzBL
3 months, 2 weeks ago
The question is: Which two additional load balancer resources should you create before you can create the load balancing rule? The procedure is: Frontend IP configuration Backend pool Health probes Load Balancer rules The the 2 additional resources before the rules are: Backend pool Health probes
upvoted 2 times
Superego
4 months, 2 weeks ago
A and D from as per my understanding. It's under the LB creation process rather than the LB is already there. Based on that, the key word is "before" you can create the load balancing rule.
upvoted 3 times
Superego
8 months, 1 week ago
A and D based on my test. Just had a try. Before creating Inbound rules, there're 3 preceding steps: (1)Basics -> (2)Frontend IP configuration -> (3)Backend pools And on step (4)Inbound rules -> Add load balancing rule, it requests mandatory resources which are "Frontend IP address" and "Backend pool". Regarding "Health probe", you can create a new one on this step itself. This means not BEFORE you can create the load balancing rule but in parallel.
upvoted 3 times
sawanti
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Azure Load Balancer is NOT created. You are creating that, so the answer is AD.
upvoted 4 times
Tomix
9 months, 4 weeks ago
To create a load balancing rule to load balance HTTPS traffic between VM1 and VM2 using an Azure load balancer, you would need to create the following two additional load balancer resources: A. A frontend IP address: This IP address is used to receive incoming traffic and distribute it to the backend resources. It acts as the entry point for the load balancer. D. A backend pool: This defines the backend resources (in this case, VM1 and VM2) that will receive the load-balanced traffic. The load balancer distributes incoming traffic across the resources in the backend pool based on the configured load balancing rule. Therefore, options A and D are the correct answers.
upvoted 4 times
zellck
1 year, 2 months ago
DE is the answer. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/components
upvoted 1 times
FindOcult
1 year, 5 months ago
I don't think that options A, B, and C are Load Balancer resources. Am I right?
upvoted 1 times
awssecuritynewbie
1 year, 6 months ago
this makes sense, you would need a frontendip but the LB has been created so to have a rule for the LB you would need the backend pool and health probe
upvoted 2 times
EmnCours
1 year, 7 months ago
Correct Answer: DE
upvoted 1 times
sjb666
1 year, 12 months ago
D & E. I have just double checked this in the portal, mandatory fields are Health Probe and Backend Pool.
upvoted 2 times
michaelmorar
2 years ago
DE seems correct - I might be wrong but if you have an LB, it follows that you already have a Frontend IP? So you need a Backend Pool and Health Probe Experts, please jump in and correct me!
upvoted 1 times
mikextreme
2 years ago
Selected Answer: AB
Should be A,B Get an Frontend IP Get an Backend Pool Then we will be able to set up load balancing rules
upvoted 1 times
MentalG
2 years ago
Do you mean A,D?
upvoted 2 times
mikextreme
1 year, 11 months ago
Sorry Im wrong https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/manage-rules-how-to According to this Article, We need A. Get an Frontend IP D. Get an Backend Pool E. Health Probe B and C apparently is wrong. Since D. Get an Backend Pool - This is mentioned and we know it's VM1 and VM2 but never saying a pool has been created So it left us A D and E But D Option got mentioned and test asks for 2 answers, I would choose A and E, but Assume that all combinations btw those 3 might be considered as correct.
upvoted 2 times
op22233
22 hours, 39 minutes ago
This is really not nice , A, D and E are correct. The question is asking for the 2 LB resources to be created.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...