Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam DP-203 topic 1 question 50 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's DP-203
Question #: 50
Topic #: 1
[All DP-203 Questions]

You have an Azure Databricks workspace named workspace1 in the Standard pricing tier. Workspace1 contains an all-purpose cluster named cluster1.
You need to reduce the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up. The solution must minimize costs.
What should you do first?

• A. Configure a global init script for workspace1.
  • B. Create a cluster policy in workspace1.
  • C. Upgrade workspace1 to the Premium pricing tier.
  • D. Create a pool in workspace1.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
You can use Databricks Pools to Speed up your Data Pipelines and Scale Clusters Quickly.
Databricks Pools, a managed cache of virtual machine instances that enables clusters to start and scale 4 times faster.
Reference:
https://databricks.com/blog/2019/11/11/databricks-pools-speed-up-data-pipelines.html

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
hkay
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
Answer D is correct. Azure Databricks pools reduce cluster start and auto-scaling times by maintaining a set of idle, ready-to-use instances.
upvoted 13 times
kim32
Highly Voted 1 year ago
D is accurate answer and this link show this info explicty https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/clusters/cluster-config-best-practices
upvoted 9 times
Alongi
Most Recent 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: C
I found this question on my exam yesterday, 30/04/2024, and I put C. I passed the exam with a high score, but I'm not sure if the answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
Slimshaddy
2 weeks ago
The answer C seems to be false, given that we have to minimize the costs and the prenium tier has a higher cost
upvoted 1 times
dgerok
1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
The solution must minimize costs, so upgrade to Premium is not an option.
upvoted 1 times
Ajjjiii
3 months, 2 weeks ago
This came in my today's exam . Answer D is correct .
upvoted 3 times
Joanna0
4 months, 1 week ago
The best solution to reduce the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up while minimizing costs is to create a pool in workspace1. A pool is a group of preconfigured clusters that share resources and can be quickly provisioned and scaled up or down as needed. This can significantly reduce the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up, as the resources are already provisioned and ready to use.
upvoted 3 times
positivitypeople
4 months, 4 weeks ago
Got this question today on the exam. Selected Upgrade to Premium tier, was incorrect of course
upvoted 3 times
kkk5566
8 months, 2 weeks ago
D is correct
upvoted 1 times
Abdullah77
9 months ago
C is the answer
upvoted 1 times
auwia
11 months ago
To reduce the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up in Azure Databricks workspace, the first step you should take is to create a pool in workspace1.
upvoted 1 times
aga444
11 months, 2 weeks ago
The correct answer in this scenario would be B. Create a cluster policy in workspace1. Creating a cluster policy allows you to define a set of rules and configurations that apply to all clusters within the workspace. By creating a cluster policy, you can optimize the cluster startup and scaling behavior. With a cluster policy, you can specify settings such as the minimum and maximum number of worker nodes, the idle timeout duration, and the auto-termination behavior. By tuning these settings, you can reduce the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up, ensuring that resources are efficiently utilized. Configuring a global init script (option A) or creating a pool (option D) may have other benefits, but they are not directly related to reducing the time it takes for cluster1 to start and scale up. Upgrading the workspace to the Premium pricing tier (option C) may offer additional features but is not necessary to address the specific requirement of minimizing cluster startup and scaling time while minimizing costs.
upvoted 2 times
aga444
11 months, 2 weeks ago
How can it be C), as the question clearly states 'minimize costs'
upvoted 1 times
janaki
12 months ago
I think it's B. Create a cluster policy in workspace1 Cluster policies in Azure Databricks allow you to define rules and configurations for cluster creation and termination. By creating a cluster policy, you can optimize the cluster start time and scale-up process based on your specific requirements.
upvoted 1 times
mamahani
1 year ago
D is correct answer
upvoted 1 times
rocky48
1 year ago
Correct Answer: D
upvoted 1 times
henryphchan
1 year ago
C and D are practical but the question asked to minimize the costs. Thus, the answer is D.
upvoted 2 times
jamesraju
1 year, 1 month ago
D is correct if anyone need paid pdf, then send me the 8885722344
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...