Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 3
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have a Microsoft 365 tenant and an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant named contoso.com.
You plan to grant three users named User1, User2, and User3 access to a temporary Microsoft SharePoint document library named Library1.
You need to create groups for the users. The solution must ensure that the groups are deleted automatically after 180 days.
Which two groups should you create? Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

• A. a Microsoft 365 group that uses the Assigned membership type
  • B. a Security group that uses the Assigned membership type
  • C. a Microsoft 365 group that uses the Dynamic User membership type
  • D. a Security group that uses the Dynamic User membership type
  • E. a Security group that uses the Dynamic Device membership type
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️
You can set expiration policy only for Office 365 groups in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Note: With the increase in usage of Office 365 Groups, administrators and users need a way to clean up unused groups. Expiration policies can help remove inactive groups from the system and make things cleaner.
When a group expires, all of its associated services (the mailbox, Planner, SharePoint site, etc.) are also deleted.
You can set up a rule for dynamic membership on security groups or Office 365 groups.
Incorrect Answers:
B, D, E: You can set expiration policy only for Office 365 groups in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/create-groups/office-365-groups-expiration-policy?view=o365-worldwide

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
kennynelcon
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: AC
Correct Answer: A and C Only O365 groups support automatic deletion after 180 days.
upvoted 46 times
jackdryan
1 year, 1 month ago
A and C are correct
upvoted 4 times
ConanBarb
1 year, 1 month ago
Sorry y'all AC:s, but you're wrong Correct, according to Microsoft own sample exam questions is: CD Microsoft exam question answers: "a security group that uses the dynamic membership type" "a Microsoft 365 group that uses the dynamic membership type" Corresponds to A. a Microsoft 365 group that uses the Assigned membership type B. a Security group that uses the Assigned membership type x C. a Microsoft 365 group that uses the Dynamic User membership type x D. a Security group that uses the Dynamic User membership type E. a Security group that uses the Dynamic Device membership type "Rationale: Groups that use dynamic membership rules reduce the overhead of access management by providing attribute-based membership and access to resources. Based on membership rules the membership, and resulting access, can be granted and removed automatically." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/resources/az-104-sample-questions
upvoted 5 times
MrBlueSky
1 year, 1 month ago
This is a different question. The reason why A and C is correct is because the answer specifies that the group needs automatic deletion and that's only supported by Microsoft 365 groups.
upvoted 16 times
GVKGVK
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Gave exam on June 29th 2022 and passed with 870. 80 Percent of the question came from here. Thanks every one for comments.
upvoted 26 times
1828b9d
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
This question was in exam 01/03/2024
upvoted 2 times
JoskeVr
1 month, 2 weeks ago
This was on my exam 25/02/2024!
upvoted 2 times
Pringlesucka
1 month, 3 weeks ago
This was on exam. Feb 2024.
upvoted 2 times
Amir1909
2 months ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
stanislaus450
2 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
Anwser: A & D To grant access to the temporary Microsoft SharePoint document library named Library1 for the users User1, User2, and User3, you should create the following groups: Microsoft 365 A Microsoft 365 group that uses the Assigned membership type: This group allows you to explicitly assign members and manage their access. You can add User1, User2, and User3 to this group, granting them access to Library1. After 180 days, you can delete this group to ensure automatic cleanup. A Security group that uses the Dynamic User membership type: This type of group dynamically adds or removes members based on specified criteria (such as user attributes or roles). You can configure this group to automatically include User1, User2, and User3 based on their attributes or roles. After 180 days, the group will no longer include these users, achieving the desired automatic deletion.
upvoted 1 times
reggina
3 months, 1 week ago
365 Groups don't "ensure" deletion https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/users/groups-lifecycle "Groups with user activities are automatically renewed as the expiration nears." I don't get it
upvoted 1 times
mihir25
5 months, 2 weeks ago
I've done practical both 365 group will work no security group support this
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
5 months, 4 weeks ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, if you want real exam questions, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
6 months ago
pass in the first attempt with real questions, contact me [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
fiahbone
7 months, 1 week ago
O365 groups required for the automatic deletion
upvoted 2 times
LemonVine
8 months, 1 week ago
ChatGPt said, answer is A and D Based on the information I found, the two groups that you should create to grant access to Library1 and ensure that the groups are deleted automatically after 180 days are: A Microsoft 365 group that uses the Dynamic User membership type A security group that uses the Dynamic User membership type These two types of groups allow you to set an expiration policy for them in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), which will delete the groups and their associated resources after a specified period of inactivity1. You can also configure the groups to have dynamic membership, which means that the group members are added or removed automatically based on user attributes such as department, location, title, etc2. This way, you can ensure that only the relevant users have access to Library1.
upvoted 1 times
ajdann
7 months, 3 weeks ago
ChatGPT will provide mostly inaccurate information, especially when you need to find out something specific.
upvoted 3 times
Mehedi007
8 months, 3 weeks ago
"You can set expiration policy only for Microsoft 365 groups in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra." Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/enterprise-users/groups-lifecycle
upvoted 1 times
NYTK
9 months ago
This question came on 21/7/2023. The selected answer is correct.
upvoted 7 times
itguyeu
9 months, 3 weeks ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam and answer is correct.
upvoted 5 times
dhivyamohanbabu
9 months, 4 weeks ago
Correct Answer: A and C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...